ACC options | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC options

Reaction Score
If Stanford and California get into the ACC over Connecticut...financed entirely by our in state "friends" at ESPN...just wow
Let them. Have a feeling there are going to a lot more schools in our position over the coming years as the money consolidates into fewer and fewer schools.

Reaction Score
If Stanford and California get into the ACC over Connecticut...financed entirely by our in state "friends" at ESPN...just wow
It would be insane. It be good for me since I can finally watch UCONN football in-person :) if UCONN can tag along somehow.

Reaction Score
It's almost like the CT gov't works against UConn, it's all very strange.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's almost like the CT gov't works against UConn, it's all very strange.

I really don't get it. Everyone cites the lawsuit but it's not as if Pitt wasn't party to it, then in Virginia then state put pressure to have VPI takes what was Syracuse's spot, or Utah threatening action and then they get into the p5.. meanwhile we're actively giving money to ESPN?

Like what?

Reaction Score

After this 100% of our fanbase should be onboard with taking any P4 offer that comes our way. Clearly St John's would go to the ACC if the ACC decided to go hybrid and you know Nova and Gtown won't be far behind at which point Providence would be begging to get in.

Edit: alright as I read this a third time maybe I am misreading his intentions here but I still think they would go hybrid.

Reaction Score
Unless the GOR can be worked around, the Big XII is next up.
Not sure. If true why did espn play ball with the B12? They could have made it easy for the ACC to pick up the valuable PAC12 properties but instead steered them to B12, while reports are ESPN made it more difficult for the ACC to counter.

The ACC was once the hunter. Not any more.

Reaction Score
Not a chance the big time schools willingly put their games exclusively on streaming.
I agree with that, it’s because none of them have vision and understand how people consume media these days.

Reaction Score
There is a report out of Pittsburgh that ESPN wants to merge the SEC with the ACC to control the entire east coast from Miami to Boston to counter the B1G/Fox grabbing the west coast. That would be very exciting for football in New England.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is a report out of Pittsburgh that ESPN wants to merge the SEC with the ACC to control the entire east coast from Miami to Boston to counter the B1G/Fox grabbing the west coast. That would be very exciting for football in New England.

Your trolling is not nearly as effective if you are so obvious about it.

Reaction Score
Can someone clarify again if 8 ACC schools left and vote to dissolve the ACC, will there still be a GOR since the ACC is the entity holding the GOR rights?

The reason for this is FSU board member was on record stating that lawyers examined the GOR over and over, and he stated there are options for FSU. He also stated FSU will make decisions not being held back by the GOR.
I highly doubt the ACC teams have anyway of breaking the GOR with ESPN. They needed the GOR to get ESPN to build the ACCN.

It’s like a landlord giving a retailer a 20 year lease. The Landlord cannot get out of the lease regardless of how much rents have gone up for similar properties. FSU is the landlord saying that the lease is unfair. Too bad a lease is a contract and it’s binding. The same goes for every team in the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let them. Have a feeling there are going to a lot more schools in our position over the coming years as the money consolidates into fewer and fewer schools.
You know, that really doesn't make me feel any better.

Reaction Score
Miami to Boston? You must be counting the Patriots?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems like espn will work to engineer a soft landing for Cal and Stanford if they are game. Cross country flights are wacky- chalk it up to academic snobbery. The ACC academic profile is just a better match for these two.

Now if they find a B12 or ACC home for ORst/WAst too- then it does beg the question how and why did we get here if CRA resulted in zero relegation.

For UConn- it’s sit and spin and wait for someone at Fox or ESPN to finally love us. Without the tv love- nothing happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom