Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a friend who is tight with Abu. I texted him to see what's going on....awaiting his response.

So his response was 'Relax. I was hanging with him 2 nights ago. UConn wasn't mentioned'

Reaction Score
So I pushed him some more on it. He said he didn't want to be the leaked source. He did say they are all fed up with Gottfried though...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So I pushed him some more on it. He said he didn't want to be the leaked source. He did say they are all fed up with Gottfried though...
Interesting.

Also, imagine this:

PG: Jalen, Alterique, MAL ('17 recruit)
SG: Diallo ('17 recruit), Vital
SF: Larrier, Jackson
PF: Abu, Durham, Diallo
C: Enoch, Brown ('17 recruit)

That's 12 of 13 spots filled, with a good spread between freshmen (3), sophomore (5) and junior (4) classes.

To me, that's a team that competes for the national title two straight years. I need this.

Reaction Score
Interesting.

Also, imagine this:

PG: Jalen, Alterique, MAL ('17 recruit)
SG: Diallo ('17 recruit), Vital
SF: Larrier, Jackson
PF: Abu, Durham, Diallo
C: Enoch, Brown ('17 recruit)

That's 12 of 13 spots filled, with a good spread between freshmen (3), sophomore (5) and junior (4) classes.

To me, that's a team that competes for the national title two straight years. I need this.

Abu would have to sit a year

Reaction Score
I didn't get any specifics other than the rumor about the AAU coach is not true. He said in fact his AAU coach wanted him to go to UConn and even tried to get him to transfer mid season of his freshman year. I asked if it was the conference and he said it played a part but the biggest things were the Muslim community and he hates the cold and wanted to get away. So reading between the lines it doesn't sound like IF he transfers that we are necessarily top of the list...but who knows?

Reaction Score
Not to to knit pick a 2017-2018 lineup projection. But Alterique Gilbert will not be a Sophomore coming off the bench. Most likely he's a starter the day he steps on campus with Adams in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Not to to knit pick a 2017-2018 lineup projection. But Alterique Gilbert will not be a Sophomore coming off the bench. Most likely he's a starter the day he steps on campus with Adams in the backcourt.

Diallo isn't coming off the bench either. That means you're going small / 3 guards, which makes sense because MAL isn't coming here to be #3 on a depth chart. So 1 of Vance/Larrier isn't getting minutes in that lineup.

Reaction Score
I didn't get any specifics other than the rumor about the AAU coach is not true. He said in fact his AAU coach wanted him to go to UConn and even tried to get him to transfer mid season of his freshman year. I asked if it was the conference and he said it played a part but the biggest things were the Muslim community and he hates the cold and wanted to get away. So reading between the lines it doesn't sound like IF he transfers that we are necessarily top of the list...but who knows?

FWIW, UConn is, I think, the only school in New England with an on campus mosque and weekly Friday prayers. Pretty size-able Muslim student association (MSA). And the university does a bunch for the mosque, think its undergoing some renovations right now as well.

Reaction Score
I didn't get any specifics other than the rumor about the AAU coach is not true. He said in fact his AAU coach wanted him to go to UConn and even tried to get him to transfer mid season of his freshman year.

The Expressions Elite coach? That'd be nice if was pushing players towards Uconn *cough*Nick Richards*cough*

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Can you ask who is at the top of his list if he transfers?

Reaction Score
I didn't get any specifics other than..... he hates the cold and wanted to get away. So reading between the lines it doesn't sound like IF he transfers that we are necessarily top of the list...but who knows?
Tell him to do the Kentucky thing and just go to class for a semester when it's nice out and then second semester go to the games after that only!!! I kid, I kid!

Reaction Score
FWIW...my son goes to NCSU...knows Abu and several of the other bball players...he told him he was a UCONN fan and they laughed...he had nothing but good things to say about Uconn and KO...ACC was the kicker...

Reaction Score
Has it become official that Abu will even transfer?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No I assume that will come after he gets draft feedback.
Working out for the Timberwolves on the 7th, fwiw. Has until May 25 to un-declare.

Reaction Score
Can you ask who is at the top of his list if he transfers?

I don't think my buddy wants to leak any of this info, I don't blame him. He's Muslim as well and is pretty tight with him, he was part of the group who welcomed Abu when he was visiting, etc. I was lucky to get the info out of him that I did...However, if I'm around him anytime soon, I will be sure to press him on it! lol

Reaction Score
Whats the wager? Assuming we don't add anything else.

Alterique
Jalen
Rodney
terry/Facey
Brimah

I think a lineup of Brimah/Facey/Larrier/Purvis/Adams is much more likely to start the season. Obviously, if Purvis leaves, that changes things.

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but "we" pulled out of the Issac Vann sweepstakes presumably to save scholies for '17.. Why would we go back after Abu if he already has his name in the NBA hat and is in a similar situation? Because he's a big?

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but "we" pulled out of the Issac Vann sweepstakes presumably to save scholies for '17

It'd be news to me if we knew anything about exactly what happened with that.

Reaction Score
I don't get the impression that we backed off on Vann but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom