Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but "we" pulled out of the Issac Vann sweepstakes presumably to save scholies for '17.. Why would we go back after Abu if he already has his name in the NBA hat and is in a similar situation? Because he's a big?
He's a big who averaged 13 & 9 in the nation's best basketball conference, with 49/63 shooting splits. All numbers were an improvement from his freshman season, and his underlying, advanced numbers were all solid.

We'd be stupid to pass on him under any circumstance.

I don't get the impression that we backed off on Vann but I could be wrong.
In retrospect it seems like we were never really in on Vann.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder what coaching staff knows. As dominos continue to fall maybe will be apparent why Ollie did not appear to be all over vann.

Reaction Score
I think a lineup of Brimah/Facey/Larrier/Purvis/Adams is much more likely to start the season. Obviously, if Purvis leaves, that changes things.

The way the game is played now just don't think you can have two guys like Facey and Brimah out there together. No Offensive ability from either.

our last two national championships had two pgs and an undersized 4 in Roscie and Deandre

Reaction Score
The way the game is played now just don't think you can have two guys like Facey and Brimah out there together. No Offensive ability from either.

our last two national championships had two pgs and an undersized 4 in Roscie and Deandre

If we have anybody as good as Roscoe or DeAndre on the roster, I'm sure that guy would start.

Reaction Score
I don't think Facey is an offensive liability. He didn't get consistent touches last year so he never found a groove, but he's got some touch and is a monster on the offensive boards.

Reaction Score
I don't think Facey is an offensive liability. He didn't get consistent touches last year so he never found a groove, but he's got some touch and is a monster on the offensive boards.

True, but he had a shot. Weak front court. Had a good opportunity to take the 4 spot. Couldn't do it and moved down the bench. He's a Sr. No time left for excuses.

Reaction Score

It's not so much that Facey himself is a liability as much as him being out there in tandem with Brimah offers zero spacing from the front court.

Reaction Score
True, but he had a shot. Weak front court. Had a good opportunity to take the 4 spot. Couldn't do it and moved down the bench. He's a Sr. No time left for excuses.
So Shonn Miller was "weak" and Facey should have taken over his spot. Brilliant.

Reaction Score
It's not so much that Facey himself is a liability as much as him being out there in tandem with Brimah offers zero spacing from the front court.

This ^

I mean you can't really throw it to either of them especially AB so how can that work? neither can pass nor would you trust an offense to run through them. Having 2 guys who can't handle or make a pass of any impact other than a hand off is never good for an offense. And to be honest you don't suddenly become a good passer because you worked on it over the summer so it's not changing. Not saying they won't be 4/5 to begin but unless someone got a lot better it won't be the way it ends if UConn is to be successful. Having said that a solid senior year from both, especially KF off the bench is imperative.

Reaction Score
So Shonn Miller was "weak" and Facey should have taken over his spot. Brilliant.

True he wasn't. But he was brought in to start. We didn't go for depth at the 4. And he was foul prone. Did Facey back him up? Or did we have to go to Dham?

Yup, Miller was good. But Facey played himself down the bench and recruited over.

Reaction Score

And I never said start. He had a shot to get considerable minutes. The front court was weak. Miller was it on the block offensively. We needed a second option when he went to the bench and that was often. Did Facey take advantage of this opportunity?

What are you implying? There weren't minutes to be had at the 4. Yeah Dham was there? Yeah, but he had many poor Offensive stretches were we needed someone to score points on the block when Miller went out. Was that filled by Facey or Dham?

Brilliant!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm saying Terry Larrier is a Roscoe DeAndre Daniels type.

Larrier is more of a 3 than either of those two. I hope he shows that he's able to mix it up down low, but he didn't show that ability at all at VCU.

Reaction Score
Larrier is more of a 3 than either of those two. I hope he shows that he's able to mix it up down low, but he didn't show that ability at all at VCU.
I watched as many replays of VCU games as I could to see what Larrier's game is, and he's closer to a 2 than he is a 4. He's got height, but he isn't Daniels and certainly isn't a Scoe-type player.

This team can and will play small ball so he may technically be a 4 at times, but he isn't going to play like a power forward in those scenarios. He's going to stretch the floor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I watched as many replays of VCU games as I could to see what Larrier's game is, and he's closer to a 2 than he is a 4. He's got height, but he isn't Daniels and certainly isn't a Scoe-type player.

This team can and will play small ball so he may technically be a 4 at times, but he isn't going to play like a power forward in those scenarios. He's going to stretch the floor.

Even if he played on the outside on offense, as long as he could mix it up down low on the other side of the ball then he would be fine. Get some rebounds, block a few shots here and there, and show enough strength to defend his man down low and not get pushed right under the basket. I just don't see that being the case unless he seriously bulked up over the last year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Even if he played on the outside on offense, as long as he could mix it up down low on the other side of the ball then he would be fine. Get some rebounds, block a few shots here and there, and show enough strength to defend his man down low and not get pushed right under the basket. I just don't see that being the case unless he seriously bulked up over the last year.
It would really be interesting to see Larrier in practice video tapes from last year against DHam who was a rebounding machine. I should think he learned a few things and hopefully his competitiveness got into some rebounding. Really looking forward to seeing him on the court next season. He must really be hungry by this time.

Reaction Score
When Daniels came in everyone said the same thing. He's more a 2 than a 3. Theirs not many 6'8 guys who play the 3 in college. And given what we have I see us going small.

Reaction Score
When Daniels came in everyone said the same thing. He's more a 2 than a 3. Theirs not many 6'8 guys who play the 3 in college. And given what we have I see us going small.

Nobody said Daniels was a 2. Stop making up lies to help your terrible argument.

Reaction Score

Who said this???

Reaction Score
Tons of People said this!!! Post YouTube highlights and said look at his handle he's too skinny to play the four.

Reaction Score
Tons of People said this!!! Post YouTube highlights and said look at his handle he's too skinny to play the four.

No one said that the 6'9" Daniels looked like a guard. It didn't happen. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
No one said that the 6'9" Daniels looked like a guard. It didn't happen. Stop embarrassing yourself.
While I'm happy to defer to you here, I do want to point out that there were some folks who thought Enoch "would play some SF" when he signed b/c there's a few highlight reels of him banging home 3-pointers in practice. Same for Durham (which, to be fair, KO has sort of laid the groundwork for by saying Durham defends from 2-through-5).

It's not quite the same thing as saying DeAndre was gonna play SG. But there is some duuuumb s*** posted on the Boneyard about prospects. Blindingly dumb.

And for the record: I always figured Enoch would be more of a 5 than a 4. Same goes for Durham.

Reaction Score

Please go to Boneyard page 735 and read Deandre vs Donyell. Also read depth chart 2012. Took 5 mins to find some ppl asking if he could play the 2. It Happened.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Nobody that watched DeAndre play at the college level for more than 5 minutes thought he could play the 2. Everyone thinks they're a guard in high school where nobody plays defense; then they get to the D-I level and quickly learn they can't cross up opposing guards so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom