Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu "seriously considering transferring"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Right I was saying when he was coming into his freshman year.

Ok...what does that have to do with Larrier? He's already played a year of D-I basketball.

Reaction Score
another thread that has come completely off the tracks.....read the last two pages and no one would know the subject of this thread was about Abu.

Reaction Score
Ok...what does that have to do with Larrier? He's already played a year of D-I basketball.

All I'm saying is guys like Larrier tend to have more success as a mismatch four than as a three in college.

I didn't see him much at VCU.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
another thread that has come completely off the tracks.....read the last two pages and no one would know the subject of this thread was about Abu.
Unknown.jpeg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
All I'm saying is guys like Larrier tend to have more success as a mismatch four than as a three in college.

Then how can you say he would be best utilized at the 4?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nobody that watched DeAndre play at the college level for more than 5 minutes thought he could play the 2. Everyone thinks they're a guard in high school where nobody plays defense; then they get to the D-I level and quickly learn they can't cross up opposing guards so easily.
It's not that no one plays defense in high school, IMO.

It's more that there is such a talent disparity between the Div. 1 recruit and the 5'-6" power forward, who's worried about his chemistry homework. Coaches inevitably want to get the ball into the hands of their best player as often as possible, regardless of size.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

DeAndre was completely lost the few times early on in his career when he played the 3, he was always a stretch 4. Larrier has more quickness and ball-handling skills, and he was more of a wing at VCU.

Reaction Score
DeAndre was completely lost the few times early on in his career when he played the 3, he was always a stretch 4. Larrier has more quickness and ball-handling skills, and he was more of a wing at VCU.

Larrier looks a lot more athletic deandre always looked stuff. But still the original point I was making was I think we're going to be forced to play him at the 4.

Facey and Brimah just doesn't provide enough spacing. I also think Alterique is special and needs to be on the floor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's not that no one plays defense in high school, IMO.

It's more that there is such a talent disparity between the Div. 1 recruit and the 5'-6" power forward, who's worried about his chemistry homework. Coaches inevitably want to get the ball into the hands of their best player as often as possible, regardless of size.

Yeah this was basically what I meant by that comment but was just being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom