A message from Paige's father (merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A message from Paige's father (merged thread)

tcno2fan

Tina Charles No. 2 Fan
Reaction Score
Too many posters who are couch coaches. They have a perception of how the team should play. And they are closed minded to any other opinion. Not sure they ever played competitive sports let alone D1 sports. That's my take.
I have played D1 sports (not basketball) and I know for a fact that no one is being harder on these women than themselves. They don't need a bunch of anonymous faces on the internet piling onto them too. And, anyway, what matters in the end isn't how you start but how you finish. I'm proud of these women for how they're handling adversity this season. In the end, it'll only make them stronger

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
He doesn't have a keyboard on his lap. :rolleyes:

or snacks/beer :confused:
Basically a self portrait. ;)

huskyfan.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes, I’ve seen how college fans can get ugly. I’ve also seen it at TN as the once dominant WBB program declined. That’s the primary reason Evina is now a Husky.

The fact that other big time college fans can react in negative ways to a loss certainly doesn’t make it right. I continue to hope and advocate for the fans of UConn WBB to be better than what we see elsewhere.
Amen brother!! :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I have played D1 sports (not basketball) and I know for a fact that no one is being harder on these women than themselves. They don't need a bunch of anonymous faces on the internet piling onto them too. And, anyway, what matters in the end isn't how you start but how you finish. I'm proud of these women for how they're handling adversity this season. In the end, it'll only make them stronger
Well said.

By the time we reach March, the team may be clicking. I for one will not count them out.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Let me tell you. Those of you pickin on players or coaches understand. These ar somenodys daughters somebodys girlfriends somebodys

Reaction Score
What does that mean, being, I think a geezer and pretty defensive of what the team is going through. Fate willing, all os us get to be geezers and maybe a bit wiser, we hope.
Being a geezer is overrated.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
. All of us are frustrated and disappointed with the current state of affairs of the program.
How I envision 80% of the Boneyarders
Good Morning Carnac and Nan

Carnac: Wonderful post...The above characterization doesn't fit me...so I take exception to the "All of Us" label.

Perhaps it is because I'm a minority (?) type of fan...I have no UConn connections, always loved great team BB, have been following the team avidly (and commenting) since before the Maya Moore era and have taken great satisfaction in the play and the team's accomplishments.

But the cheerleading, pageantry, idolization and all the other
excesses of fandom escape me, leave me cold, even embarrass me at times.

There may be more than a few of us out here.

I was totally unsurprised by the outcome the other day, enjoyed watching our young woman compete down to the end in a game in which they were clearly overmatched. Was not frustrated or remorseful...As I said in a different thread, That's life.

Nan...I'm 83, ski, sail, play a little hoops...and try to keep my weight down (having a bad week). I have a feeling that I'm not so much in the minority...Next survey, why don't you include hobbies and activities...All my friends (not so many) are quite active.

Reaction Score
A matter of perspective. I'm the kid compared to the guy I watch the games with, he's got 33 years on me - my 99 year old dad. On the other hand that I am texting throughout each game with my friend of of nearly 45 years from my days as a grad student at UCONN.....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Carnac: Wonderful post...The above characterization doesn't fit me...so I take exception to the "All of Us" label.

Perhaps it is because I'm a minority (?) type of fan...I have no UConn connections, always loved great team BB, have been following the team avidly (and commenting) since before the Maya Moore era and have taken great satisfaction in the play and the team's accomplishments.

I was totally unsurprised by the outcome the other day, enjoyed watching our young woman compete down to the end in a game in which they were clearly overmatched. Was not frustrated or remorseful...As I said in a different thread, That's life.

Nan...I'm 83, ski, sail, play a little hoops...and try to keep my weight down (having a bad week). I have a feeling that I'm not so much in the minority...Next survey, why don't you include hobbies and activities...All my friends (not so many) are quite active.
Yes, yes Maestro, we know, we know....you're better than the rest of us on here. :rolleyes:

Pyotr must of had you in mind.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

You're right msf22b, I stand corrected. I can't speak for the nation. I can only speak for my self. I should have said: "many of us are frustrated and disappointed." That way, the reader can decide if they (individually) fit into that group or not. Those of us that post must be careful to use word or phrases that are all inclusive. I allowed my self to decompress, and experience a 24 hour cooling of period before I wrote that post. The "all of us" referred to "hard core" UConn fans that are emotionally invested in this program, which I am. It's hard sometimes to be objective while the blood is still running hot. I must remember that not all who visit the yard are UConn fans, and not all of us have the same outlook or expectations for this program. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
During the broadcast last night, the announcers mentioned UConn fans disappointment.

On another note, the two losses to unranked teams is somewhat misleading. GT is now ranked #15, and I strongly suspect Oregon will be ranked next week.

Yes, that statistic about Connecticut's losing to "unranked" teams is very misleading. Even when UConn last lost to an "unranked team," it was to St John's, which promptly entered the rankings and stayed there the remainder of the season. Georgia Tech is a top team, as will the now-healthy Oregon Ducks. Having beaten UConn and Arizona, they deserve, what, 16th?

Reaction Score
You're right msf22b, I stand corrected. I can't speak for the nation. I can only speak for my self. I should have said: "many of us are frustrated and disappointed." That way, the reader can decide if they (individually) fit into that group or not. Those of us that post must be careful to use word or phrases that are all inclusive. I allowed my self to decompress, and experience a 24 hour cooling of period before I wrote that post. The "all of us" referred to "hard core" UConn fans that are emotionally invested in this program, which I am. It's hard sometimes to be objective while the blood is still running hot. I must remember that not all who visit the yard are UConn fans, and not all of us have the same outlook or expectations for this program. :rolleyes:
What a relief!:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom