8 seconds and three timeouts... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

8 seconds and three timeouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
was the husky dog with some drinks in his hands

That's all? I would have thought anything short of a photo of Pasqualoni and DeLeone skewered on a shish-ka-bob rod and rotating over a flaming hot cauldron wouldn't deserve much attention from the AD Thought Police.

If somebody in Storrs doesn't give these guys the axe and install Don Brown as HC I'm pretty much through with UCFB until such time as Coach P retires to his rocking chair in Cheshire.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That's all? I would have thought anything short of a photo of Pasqualoni and DeLeone skewered on a shish-ka-bob rod and rotating over a flaming hot cauldron wouldn't deserve much attention from the AD Thought Police.

They wanted Dan to change his avi, so he did- to a public demand for them to replace the head coach.

Nice job, guys! A fan calling for a guy's head looks much better for you!

Reaction Score
Horrible, horrible, horrible time management. All last year. All this year. I just don't understand...

He said he was afraid of a sack or bad play after the Davis catch.

And you wonder why the offense looks tentative?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
DeLeone said he would like to see the Wildcat 20+ times per game. I'm trying to resist the temptation to jump on the dogpile immediately after a game but really?

Y'notice whenever they go wildcat, the team never looks like they are the same page. I'm happy when the can snap the ball without a penalty. And they had that one wildcat play where there were 3 possible ballcarriers and all 3 were tackled for a loss. Some trickery.

Reaction Score
As soon as Davis made that catch our whole section yelled "Time Out". I sat stunned,when the FG missed, wondering what PP could possibly say at game's end to justify his time managment decisions. I actually thought he was going to say they wanted to hurry up to keep Rutgers from having any time to set up their defense since they had a play in mind that would catch them off guard. At least it would have been a rational (if wrong) response. What he actually said is too pathetic for words. Getting your field goal kicker even 6 more yards on a fullback screen (Time Out) or even a delay draw (Time Out) would have been better than hanging Chad out to dry on a long FG. Nothing PP can say (and there is no doubt that WM feels the same way) can diminish how utterly insane that was. And while we're at it, why does he have the Wildcat guy throwing the pass into the end zone. We could still have faked the dive play and had Hyppolite free in the EZ, being thrown to by a guy with the touch to do it. Too many outrageous and frustrating turns of events. It's exhausting.

Reaction Score
Can someone answer what uncu means?
I think you meant "UNCN" not "UNCU." Too much whiskey...blurred vision. :D
qdkym.jpg

Reaction Score
Was at the game yesterday. W/o going thru the thread specifics just let me say this. There was 21 seconds left and I wondered the same thing when TO was finally called at the end of th 1st half. It seemed like an eterninty too late. WTH!!!!! They could have run at least one more play to either get a first down, TD or closer for the FG if they'd only called one of their three TOs remaining. Just a note: #94 had been getting behind the secondary quite a bit. WTH!!! Oh wait, I already said that. The whole debacle reminded me of the terrible clock management against Buffalo a couple of weeks ago when we had the ball at the end of the 1st half. With the ball on about our 40 yard line with about 50 seconds to go, HCPP simply runs a few safe plays = doesn't try to score. WTH!!! D-1 fb is not a kids game, and there is no slaughter rule. Go for the score, even if you don't make it, at least it lets the players know you believe in them and their ability to score. What a great confidence booster that would have been even if the results did turn into a score before the end of the half. Bottom line is this = if you let the players know you believe they can score and do that's great! Even if the results don't result in a score, at least you've given the players a confience boost.

As a final note. When DeL was walking out to the buses after the game yesteray, he looked up and saw all the fans standing there waiting to greet the team on their way to the bus. For some unknown reason he turned and walked back towards the locker room. Not sure what that was all about...I do think he eventually got on the bus with them.

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
PP comment in the Courant today about 8 seconds being too risky to try a play shows why he isn't getting the job done. There has to be coach's on top of their game that would have a way to get a play off there and would have trained their team in situational football so that it wouldn't be a chinese fire drill. Not to mention that better use of timeouts would have given us more than 8 seconds. PP's repeated failures at time management which lead to all UConn fans screaming TIMEOUT at the top of their lungs are going to result in a long waiting list for voicebox transplants as this season continues. In regards to #94 Griffin, GDL having him run all over the feild, lineup at wideout and in the backfield as a blocker is a serious screwup. Put him at tight end and let him excell at that by getting better at the blocking assignments and running the basic routes. If we put Davis, Smith and Philliips on the field at keep them out wide we will open up running lanes. Ryan as the wideout makes no sence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom