8 seconds and three timeouts... | The Boneyard

8 seconds and three timeouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't there time for one play before kicking a FG?
Especially if you are going for a 50yd + FG?..

Its these little things that continue to cost this team. Who knows if he would have made the FG, but 3-4 extra yards would've helped...

Reaction Score
Isn't there time for one play before kicking a FG?
Especially if you are going for a 50yd + FG?..

Its these little things that continue to cost this team. Who knows if he would have made the FG, but 3-4 extra yards would've helped...

If not yds - it appeared a better angle for the kick would have made a difference though....

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Time management at the end of the first half was abysmal. All on PP.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Not 8 seconds and three timeouts. 21 seconds and three timeouts!! I have to look at the film again, but when Geremy Davis makes that catch, there are more than 20 seconds left, and the entirety of your team has to run a long way to get to him to call the next play. The only thing that stops the clock at 14 seconds was an official review of the play before.

Maddening. Completely and utterly maddening. With 21 seconds and three timeouts, you can typically run two more plays (approximately 6 seconds each) and still march your field goal unit out there. I have considered myself a "Pasqualista" for some time, but when it comes to clock management, he is the absolute worst head coach in the game, bar none!! :mad: (back to my whiskey)

Reaction Score
Not 8 seconds and three timeouts. 21 seconds and three timeouts!! I have to look at the film again, but when Geremy Davis makes that catch, there are more than 20 seconds left, and the entirety of your team has to run a long way to get to him to call the next play. The only thing that stops the clock at 14 seconds was an official review of the play before.

Maddening. Completely and utterly maddening. With 21 seconds and three timeouts, you can typically run two more plays (approximately 6 seconds each) and still march your field goal unit out there. I have considered myself a "Pasqualista" for some time, but when it comes to clock management, he is the absolute worst head coach in the game, bar none!! :mad: (back to my whiskey)
I love whiskey after an abysmal Uconn football game. What are you drinkin'?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I love whiskey after an abysmal Uconn football game. What are you drinkin'?

I don't have a lot of cash, so for me, it's Seagrams VO. Still decent, and it helps me through the times when a coach squanders away time and timeouts...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
At the end of the third quarter, there was about 18 seconds on the clock (down 10pts), and rather than getting the boys up to the line of scrimmage on third down to get in another play, he let the clock run out to get to the fourth quarter. WTF are you thinking?? We are down TWO SCORES!!! :mad: (back to the whiskey)

Reaction Score
33 seconds 3 timeouts at midfield. PP was fundamentally incapable of sprinting on to the field to call the time out.

An absolute disgrace.

Drive: 4 plays, 19 yards, TOP 02:06
Uconn 1-10 at Uconn44 CONNECTICUT drive start at 00:33.
Uconn 1-10 at Uconn44 WHITMER, Chan. pass incomplete to McCombs, Lyle.
Uconn 2-10 at Uconn44 WHITMER, Chan. pass complete to Davis, Geremy for 22 yards to the RU34, 1ST DOWN UCONN.
Uconn 1-10 at Ru34 WHITMER, Chan. pass incomplete, QB hurry by Glaud,Ka'Lial.
Uconn 2-10 at Ru34 Timeout Rutgers, clock 00:08.
Uconn 2-10 at Ru34 Christen, Chad field goal a

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
33 seconds 3 timeouts at midfield. PP was fundamentally incapable of sprinting on to the field to call the time out.

An absolute disgrace.

Drive: 4 plays, 19 yards, TOP 02:06
Uconn 1-10 at Uconn44 CONNECTICUT drive start at 00:33.
Uconn 1-10 at Uconn44 WHITMER, Chan. pass incomplete to McCombs, Lyle.
Uconn 2-10 at Uconn44 WHITMER, Chan. pass complete to Davis, Geremy for 22 yards to the RU34, 1ST DOWN UCONN.
Uconn 1-10 at Ru34 WHITMER, Chan. pass incomplete, QB hurry by Glaud,Ka'Lial.
Uconn 2-10 at Ru34 Timeout Rutgers, clock 00:08.
Uconn 2-10 at Ru34 Christen, Chad field goal a

Can you find out how much time was on the clock for me when they spot Geremy Davis's catch and are moving the chains before the clock restarts? I could swear that it was at least 21 seconds, and the next play (after the official review) gets snapped with 14 seconds left, if I'm not mistaken. We cost ourselves at least one more play, and then we cost ourselves an additional play when we don't at least "famously run up the middle" and call a TO to at least position the ball better for the kick. Goddamnit!! Unbelievable!!!

Reaction Score
Oops, forgot this disgrace as well.

nn 1-G at Ru06 McCombs, Lyle rush for 3 yards to the RU3 (Thompson,Marcus;Merrell,Jamil).
Uconn 2-G at Ru03 McCombs, Lyle rush for 1 yard to the RU2 (Greene,Khaseem).
Uconn 3-G at Ru02 McCUMMINGS, Sc. pass incomplete to HYPPOLITE, Mar..
Uconn 4-G at Ru02 Christen, Chad field goal attempt from 19 GOOD, clock 02:39.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not to mention that I'm still fuming about the fact that we throw with McCummings on third-and-goal from the 2 and then settle for the field goal instead of taking two tries to punch that ball into the endzone. It would have made the game 7-6 UConn and would have changed the entire complexion of the game. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable...

Reaction Score
Can you find out how much time was on the clock for me when they spot Geremy Davis's catch and are moving the chains before the clock restarts?

At least 21 seconds when he caught the ball. At the minimum. Since PP was happy we didn't turn it over he saw no reason to call TO (which he would have gotten back on the review).

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oops, forgot this disgrace as well.

nn 1-G at Ru06 McCombs, Lyle rush for 3 yards to the RU3 (Thompson,Marcus;Merrell,Jamil).
Uconn 2-G at Ru03 McCombs, Lyle rush for 1 yard to the RU2 (Greene,Khaseem).
Uconn 3-G at Ru02 McCUMMINGS, Sc. pass incomplete to HYPPOLITE, Mar..
Uconn 4-G at Ru02 Christen, Chad field goal attempt from 19 GOOD, clock 02:39.

You literally beat me to this conversation by a few seconds. My time management was very Pasqualoni-like!!

Reaction Score
Can you find out how much time was on the clock for me when they spot Geremy Davis's catch and are moving the chains before the clock restarts? I could swear that it was at least 21 seconds, and the next play (after the official review) gets snapped with 14 seconds left, if I'm not mistaken. We cost ourselves at least one more play, and then we cost ourselves an additional play when we don't at least "famously run up the middle" and call a TO to at least position the ball better for the kick. Goddamnit!! Unbelievable!!!

Almost 100% positive there was 21/22 seconds left when he caught the ball and the clock stopped to move the chains....at which he should have used one of his timeouts to set up a play and stop the clock....Instead he rushes the team to line and calls a play no huddle and the clock rolled down to 14 seconds right before Whitmer was about to hike the ball the whistle blew for an official review. Then the play clock started on the whistle....Whitmer then snapped the ball another second after it started...So that play ate up 16 seconds when it could have been 7 or 8 seconds.....And he had plenty of TO's....That's another whole play call.....And his decision to not run the ball to the right and try and pick up another 2 or 3 yards with 8 seconds left to make a 49 yarder from straight on is absolutely amateur. It's a disgusting joke that this coaching staff (GD first and foremost and more recently PP) is able to be employed at this level and maintain their jobs with the way they are handling business..

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Horrible, horrible, horrible time management. All last year. All this year. I just don't understand...

Reaction Score
Even a ten year old playing madden understands that you can run a play for a better shot there at points

Reaction Score
check out temples same exact scenario with clock management

-2nd and 10 at TEM 34Chris Coyer pass complete to Kenneth Harper for 12 yards to the Temp 46, tackled by Kayvon Webster for a 1ST down
Timeout TEMPLE, clock 00:18
-Chris Coyer pass complete to Deon Miller for 16 yards to the SFla 38, tackled by Kayvon Webster for a 1ST down
Timeout TEMPLE, clock 00:12
-Chris Coyer pass complete to Cody Booth for 5 yards to the SFla 33
Timeout TEMPLE, clock 00:07
-Brandon McManus 50 yard field goal GOOD

End of 2nd Quarter

Reaction Score
UconnDan97 said:
but when it comes to clock management, he is the absolute worst head coach in the game, bar none!! :mad: (back to my whiskey)

Les Miles is still coaching. There is a little bit of competition for that title, albiet not much.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Les Miles is still coaching. There is a little bit of competition for that title, albiet not much.

There is no way that Les Miles is worse than this clock management. Has he had his boneheaded moments? Yes. But he's nowhere near this...

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
There is no way that Les Miles is worse than this clock management. Has he had his boneheaded moments? Yes. But he's nowhere near this...

I'm just trying to make myself feel better. I can't argue this point

Reaction Score
Time management at the end of the first half was abysmal. All on PP.

Reason 101 why PP needs to go. Give Red Sox prop's they recognized their bad hire (one that many, many didn't like at the time) and went out and fixed it. Time for UConn to fix theirs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sounds like ppl here are angry? hmm #UNCN

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
sounds like ppl here are angry? hmm #UNCN

You are worse than a used car salesmen, and it's the first time I've laughed since this morning, so.....thank you?

Reaction Score
Frustrating, but let's not make this about time management. It's about energy and enthusiasm. PP doesn't have it and the offense doesn't have it. Time management is the least of our problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom