8 seconds and three timeouts... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

8 seconds and three timeouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is what you sound like:

You are worse than a used car salesmen, and it's the first time I've laughed since this morning, so.....thank you?

its really simple. do u want to watch uconn football do this over again next week or do u want to have a week of news and changes. i'm not going to stop. well i am for a couple minutes here to eat dinner but then i'm going to continue.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Frustrating, but let's not make this about time management. It's about energy and enthusiasm. PP doesn't have it and the offense doesn't have it. Time management is the least of our problems.

Time management isn't the least of our problems if you're leaving points off the board because of it. Simple as that...

Reaction Score
Even a ten year old playing madden understands that you can run a play for a better shot there at points

Money quote of the day describing the debacle at end of first half

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
its really simple. do u want to watch uconn football do this over again next week or do u want to have a week of news and changes. i'm not going to stop. well i am for a couple minutes here to eat dinner but then i'm going to continue.

I want the following things:

1) Two UConn wins in a row.
2) Political commercials to stop.
3) You to get your avatar business back in order, because I'm missing the Captain.

On a bright note, the UConn field hockey team stayed undefeated today with a win over Louisville, holding on to their #3 ranking in the country. I figured we all needed some good news...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I want the following things:

1) Two UConn wins in a row.
2) Political commercials to stop.
3) You to get your avatar business back in order, because I'm missing the Captain.

On a bright note, the UConn field hockey team stayed undefeated today with a win over Louisville, holding on to their #3 ranking in the country. I figured we all needed some good news...

many here are not aware what happened this week so i will just say it now. i was asked by the school thru a person to take my avi down. instead of making a big deal about the school not having control of a interent site yada yada i just said w/e. i took it off here and twitter. i want to harm or bad stuff to happen to this site. it was my choice to stop the issue right away what ever it was. my view of it is this, if ppl at the school have time to discuss me on a message board over all the issues going on at uconn right now, then we are sinking fast. #UNCU

edit- and we just lost to a rutgers team that looked like it was 38th best in the country. we are not winnign 2 in a row this fall with p and d.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
many here are not aware what happened this week so i will just say it now. i was asked by the school thru a person to take my avi down. instead of making a big deal about the school not having control of a interent site yada yada i just said w/e. i took it off here and twitter. i want to harm or bad stuff to happen to this site. it was my choice to stop the issue right away what ever it was. my view of it is this, if ppl at the school have time to discuss me on a message board over all the Fecunditying issues going on at uconn right now, then we are sinking fast. #UNCU

I didn't know about that (obviously). In that case, you have two choices: 1) you can choose a kick- new avatar that we will all grow to marginally respect, or 2) you can let us vote on what it should be during the first UNCU meeting that you hold. :cool:

Reaction Score
apologies but what was yr avi Dan? we should all use it and tell IMG and whoever else to go screw themselves.
Too bad the "intellectual property" police in Storrs don't monitor our playbook.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
apologies but what was yr avi Dan? we should all use it and tell IMG and whoever else to go screw themselves.
Too bad the "intellectual property" police in Storrs don't monitor our playbook.

was the husky dog with some drinks in his hands

Reaction Score
completely baffled by his explanation

The Huskies were moving before the half and had the ball at its 44 and all three timeouts left. There was one big completion on the drive, a 22-yarder to Geremy Davis (four catches, 78 yards) but there were no time outs called to set up shots at the end zone.
"We were in good shape, there wasn't really a need to use a timeout," coach Paul Pasqualoni said. "Once it got to eight seconds we kicked a field goal. If you run the risk of trying to play there with eight seconds that's kind of the cutoff. If you do something, God forbid you get sacked, you get tackled in bounds, even though you have timeouts sometimes you can't get to them. ... You're right at the line with seven seconds and I wasn't going to risk one second. I just thought Chad, with the wind, would have a pretty good shot to make the three."
Christen missed a 51-yarder wide right.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I didn't know about that (obviously). In that case, you have two choices: 1) you can choose a kick- new avatar that we will all grow to marginally respect, or 2) you can let us vote on what it should be during the first UNCU meeting that you hold. :cool:
Hey dan... tweeted at you, in case you missed it I thought you might like one of these (and yes I have nothing better to do with my time):

4igqm.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
How the hell do we get these shirts printed up for Temple!!!!!!???????

i say everyone makes them avis until the situation is done, on twitter also...

Reaction Score

HFD - No wonder why you are so crusty today...

Reaction Score
I have never yelled at the TV as loud as I did at the end of the 1st half....I was screaming 3TOs, 3TOs, 3 f...ing TOs....PP and GDL have to go. This isn't the first time that clock management has screwed us on getting points either. It happened plenty of times last year as well and it's clearly not just a slip up here or there. They are consistently clueless and one step behind on everything. My only concern is Warde thinking to himself, oh so this is what happens at BCS programs when you lose to a rival or a couple games in a row. It's scares me that he is a young AD that is going to be scared to make a bold move and get these old clueless guys out of here. I can only imagine what is going on in the locker room with these coaches and players. Like many have said this is a huge time in our transition to big boy football and if Warde doesn't make a move now, UConn football will be screwed, from recruiting to fan support and everything else. For the first time since the Rent opened I have extremely little desire to go. Warde, please make a move and if you don't have the balls maybe Susan will.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
MV5BMzE4MjczOTc2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMxNTYyMQ@@__V1__SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

Someone with better photoshop skills than me needs to alter this.

Reaction Score
It's scares me that he is a young AD that is going to be scared to make a bold move and get these old clueless guys out of here. I can only imagine what is going on in the locker room with these coaches and players.

I think it's fair to say that Warde is more than competent to do the right thing here (although in all honesty, nothing's happening until the season is over, we're not that big time). Calhoun is a legend here and yet his hand picked successor in Ollie only gets a 1 year contract? That tells me that Warde is calling the shots and will probably get his own guy come April unless Ollie has an amazing season.

My way too early prediction:

1. If we somehow make the tidy bowl with a 6-6 record, GDL goes at the end of the year.

2. If we don't make a bowl, PP is shown the door not too long after 12/2.

JMHO.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that I'm still fuming about the fact that we throw with McCummings on third-and-goal from the 2 and then settle for the field goal instead of taking two tries to punch that ball into the endzone. It would have made the game 7-6 UConn and would have changed the entire complexion of the game. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable...

This is the type of pus ssy ball I hate. You have a chance to put a ranked team on the road on their heels and you puss out, by playing conventional and taking the field goal. I just watched ND marched down the field with under a minute left in the first half to set up a manageable FG. I've watched WVU convert two fourth downs on the same drive against Texas on the road including a fourth and long. Yeah, they may have better players folks, but frankly the difference is in the philosophy. When you play not to lose, you often do lose, but hey at least we didn't use any of our timeouts in the first half. Deleone, and by Extension P, are not suited for offensive college football in 2012, and if hear that stupid outdated "We play in the northeast, we HAVE to run the football" bull one more time....... I'm pretty sure its cold in Boise, and Oregon. The problem is the philosophy nothing else.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This is the type of pus ssy ball I hate. You have a chance to put a ranked team on the road on their heels and you puss out, by playing conventional and taking the field goal. I just watched ND marched down the field with under a minute left in the first half to set up a manageable FG. I've watched WVU convert two fourth downs on the same drive against Texas on the road including a fourth and long. Yeah, they may have better players folks, but frankly the difference is in the philosophy. When you play not to lose, you often do lose, but hey at least we didn't use any of our timeouts in the first half. Deleone, and by Extension P, are not suited for offensive college football in 2012, and if hear that stupid outdated "We play in the northeast, we HAVE to run the football" bull **** one more time....... I'm pretty sure its Fecunditying cold in Boise, and Oregon. The problem is the philosophy nothing else.

For me, it's simple; you get two shots to make two yards. If you don't accomplish that, then it is still 6-0 the other team and they get the ball at their 2 yard line, which means with our defense, you will regain the ball at our 45 yard line in about 4 downs. If you do accomplish it, you take the lead and let Rutgers do what Rutgers does best; self-destruct when the game gets tight. Back to the whiskey...

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced that GDL can't be evicted sooner... PP is not going anywhere yet.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that I'm still fuming about the fact that we throw with McCummings on third-and-goal from the 2 and then settle for the field goal instead of taking two tries to punch that ball into the endzone. It would have made the game 7-6 UConn and would have changed the entire complexion of the game. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable...

DeLeone said he would like to see the Wildcat 20+ times per game. I'm trying to resist the temptation to jump on the dogpile immediately after a game but really?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
DeLeone said he would like to see the Wildcat 20+ times per game. I'm trying to resist the temptation to jump on the dogpile immediately after a game but really?

Yes. Yes, GDL would love to run it 20 times a game, except for when we are 2 yards away from 7 points, at which point he says, "Hey Scottie! Throw it, my friend." And then we kick a field goal...(someone shoot me)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom