2nd Favorite Squad Besides UConn? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2nd Favorite Squad Besides UConn?

Reaction Score
I root for the teams we've beaten in nonconf.

Alabama, Iowa St, Florida, OK St, Oregon

Reaction Score
I like the Midwest Big East teams a lot, especially Marquette. I love Milwaukee and it's people, I'm a big Shaka fan, and I like the school.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well first is easy any UConn teamin any other sport! After that I like Gonzaga, Marquette , Xavier, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and BC, and Yale in noparticular order

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My 2nd "favorite" tends to change from year to year and often isn't known until March. Love those senior-led mid-majors with great ball movement, although Dunk City was also a blast that one year. The team I watch 2nd most often is Pitt due to me living here and my wife being a double grad. Also one of her cousins is still connected to the team (Howland and the team attended his wedding) so I occasionally get some inside info. Also learned that family can often get gear that "fell off the truck".

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I like seeing one of my alma maters, Fairfield, do well. Even tho they suck hot garbage.

I also like seeing Quinnipiac, UVM, and Yale play well.

Reaction Score
I’ll annotate myself as one of the top Clingan fans here on the BY, being an alumni of BCHS and the Bristol PD nearly putting a Restraining Order out on me considering my following and infatuation of all things Clingan. With that said, maybe I’m biased but suggesting that Action Jackson sit in place of Clingan is blasphemy. Let’s keep ‘em both on the floor as much as possible together.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like seeing one of my alma maters, Fairfield, do well. Even tho they suck hot garbage.

I also like seeing Quinnipiac, UVM, and Yale play well.
How about “ hot bible”?

Reaction Score
I have about 350 teams tied for second favorite and then about 10 tied for last.

Reaction Score
Virginia - Went there for school. Chose UVA so I could catch great college basketball. My freshman year they were middling at best. Tickets were free and available. First game I caught was when Uconn visited in 1993. Which was an absolute trouncing. My Virginia pride had not developed yet so I was 100% for UCONN.. Sat front row.

Reaction Score
I like St John’s. They are fun to watch and they play hard. It isn’t pretty, but it’s tough basketball. Mike Anderson seems like a great guy too. On top of that, my girlfriend in college was from Long Island. Her dad had season tickets. He’d give the tickets for SJU/UConn in MSG each year. He was a great guy. I like knowing that he’s happy when the Johnies win. He’s probably around 80 now.

I also like Providence. I have a lot of family there and enjoy the area. As a result, I’ve always liked PC a little bit, except when we were battling them.

Reaction Score
Traditionally it’s been Gonzaga for me. I’ve met many of their former players , Derek Raivio is a super nice guy. He remembered me from basketball camp and was nice enough to let me and my friends hang out with him and Pargo at the beach when I was in high school.

Also met Adam Morrison and he’s just as nice as Derek.

So I got love for the Zags but I’m not sure where I stand with Timme. Never met him but not a fan of his hair headband combo he’s rocking! Lol

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Weird comment
It's 'on brand' and you're being kind.

He wrote it for laughs, got all that he deserved, and perhaps thinks that others are too dumb to get his joke.

I wouldn't have said "weird," but I usually stay silent, thinking that he isn't worth the trouble of commenting. In that light, I like your comment.

Reaction Score
Curious to see the answers...

For me it's always been Gonzaga. Mark Few is drastically underrated IMO and the way they remain so cohesive every year, despite lofty expectations while not being in the media limelight as a "blue blood".

I see them as a model program with a unique style of ball. They don't get rattled when down and remain humble in-game.

Great program, and although I'm Husky all the way I still have a small % set aside for those Bulldogs.
I have to admit that ive always said if Uconn wasnt my favorite team id be a Kansas fan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas, duh. Watch how they guard ball screens ;)
IU media did a nice write up on that. I think KU and UConn have similar offensive problems. Motion and movement based, not a lot of guys who can create their own shot.

“Kansas guards ball screens at the level of the screen. This means that the screener’s defender is usually adjacent to the screener. Playing at the level gives the ball handler less room to attack without committing to a full hedge. The Jayhawks rely on off-ball defenders to help when the screener rolls and then recover to their initial man.”

Reaction Score
I like St John’s. They are fun to watch and they play hard. It isn’t pretty, but it’s tough basketball. Mike Anderson seems like a great guy too. On top of that, my girlfriend in college was from Long Island. Her dad had season tickets. He’d give the tickets for SJU/UConn in MSG each year. He was a great guy. I like knowing that he’s happy when the Johnies win. He’s probably around 80 now.

I also like Providence. I have a lot of family there and enjoy the area. As a result, I’ve always liked PC a little bit, except when we were battling them.
Dear Lord.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom