2nd Favorite Squad Besides UConn? | The Boneyard

2nd Favorite Squad Besides UConn?

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Curious to see the answers...

For me it's always been Gonzaga. Mark Few is drastically underrated IMO and the way they remain so cohesive every year, despite lofty expectations while not being in the media limelight as a "blue blood".

I see them as a model program with a unique style of ball. They don't get rattled when down and remain humble in-game.

Great program, and although I'm Husky all the way I still have a small % set aside for those Bulldogs.

Reaction Score
I like Iowa's game. Coach McCaffrey directs a nice disciplined game on both sides of the ball. As a result, they are fun to watch. Case in point was their recent rebound from being 23 pts down against Indiana and winning in OT.

Reaction Score
It kind of changes for me annually. Arkansas teams are fun to watch although inconsistent just like the way they play. For some reason I’m rooting a bit for Bama this year and like Cardiac I like the way Tennessee teams have played the last couple years.

Again, I like them but only the Huskies matter. I can tell you Gonzaga is a team I very much root against, especially with Drew Timme still playing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Can I say another BE team without getting killed? If so, Providence. I like their coach. I like the city. Have friends that went there. As long as we aren’t playing them, I generally root for them to win. They’ve had some fun players/teams recently that haven’t accomplished what I thought they could. Outside the BE, I could care less unless I have a team in my bracket or on my betting slip.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier. Whatever cliche you may have heard, offense wins over defense. Xavier’s offense is a clinic in efficiency, and that team has a prototype for the modern game at every position.

My biggest issue with the team is that Miller is a colossal scumbag, but so are a lot of coaches and it doesn’t matter in a NIL world. That team can score.

Reaction Score
Iona. Undergrad there, watched freshmen year as Marius Janulis last second 3 put the Gael’s upset bid in 1998 NCAA Tourney down the drain. Lifelong Huskies fan with another reason to hate Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Marquette…because the big east needs big brand schools….and I think they are the 3rd biggest brand..with Uconn being the biggest brand..followed by Villanova…Marquette has a big fan base with a rich history

Reaction Score
Wake Forest for me because I went to school there. Sort of an easy team to root for; have only played Wake once since I started college in 2000 (early season game back in 2012).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You know the answer. Kansas Jayhawk, even though many of you will cringe. Three years of law school plus many extended family members and friends went there. I truly hope UConn gets a game at Allen Field House, so some of you can experience it if you haven't.

Reaction Score
You know the answer. Kansas Jayhawk, even though many of you will cringe. Three years of law school plus many extended family members and friends went there. I truly hope UConn gets a game at Allen Field House, so some of you can experience it if you haven't.

I always liked KU as well back in the day, even have some attire because of the Jayhawk emblem. But with Self admittedly hate them as he is scum. And I wasn't ever a Roy Williams fan either but didn't mind him as much as Self. Didn't mind Self as he first hit the Allen Fieldhouse bench either until he became who he is now, a cheatass! LOL but I respect your loyalty HH.

back2BE4us

Reaction Score
Glad we have Hurley, but at the time when the coach wasn't decided, I wanted Oates here at UConn.
I'm with you. He was highest on my list of new coaches.

back2BE4us

Reaction Score
Xavier. Whatever cliche you may have heard, offense wins over defense. Xavier’s offense is a clinic in efficiency, and that team has a prototype for the modern game at every position.

My biggest issue with the team is that Miller is a colossal scumbag, but so are a lot of coaches and it doesn’t matter in a NIL world. That team can score.
I live in Cincy and wife's whole family went to Xavier. That home game recently...I never heard the end of it. Never been to Gampel but I can tell you Cintas gets loud loud. Ringing in ears from that UConn game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom