2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2024 CT Ice Tournament -> Jan. 26-27 @XL Center (Championship Gm: UConn v. #7 Quinnipiac > Saturday @7p on SNY & UConn+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you're playing against a better team that has beaten you consistently - many times in close games - you have to go with the goalie who has the potential to steal you the W.
Sergeev was the no brainer pick.
I'd like to think there are discussions within the coaching staff on who to play. The idea that the majority of coaches on tbe staff wanted Haider is odd.
Either they are a bunch of yes men or there was disagreement and Cav went with his gut.

Reaction Score
Is the tournament going to be in the XL moving forward?
Background story from earlier in the week:

“The schools are in the second year of a four-year agreement to rotate hosting duties between the four programs. Quinnipiac went first followed by UConn this year, while Sacred Heart will take the baton in 2025 before Yale finishes the cycle in 2026.”

Reaction Score
If it is it wouldn't be till after 2026.
Not sure where they’re getting attendance numbers but it sure seemed to be more than 6400 there! At least as many as Saturday Maine game

Reaction Score
I don’t know if there were as many as the Maine game. That was a lot of people but it was a very good size crowd. I guessed around 7000 I thought maybe the 3rd or 4th largest I’ve seen. And fun in that you could tell fans from both sides really wanted that game. Unlike some games the lower bowl seemed to have ver few empty seats, as well. Add in 2 bands. Very cool feel. You won’t get that feel in an on-campus arena nor will you get that size crowd obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom