2023 NBA Draft Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Interesting that a number of first round picks never stepped foot on a college court.
Shows two things:#1 It's an incredible accomplishment to get drafted out of college.
#2 NIL is a huge deal for kids that stay in school and can make some big bucks

Reaction Score
To be fair, we all knew AJ was going to be late first/early second. The fact that he hasn't gone yet isn't a surprise. The question is whether he was going to improve his draft position by coming back -- and the answer is probably not (he also probably wouldn't have hurt it). Still hoping he can ride the championship into a late first-round pick.

Reaction Score
OMax Prosper surprised me the most. It was widely believed that he would be returning to Marquette and then he decided "what the hell, I will test the draft". He really impressed and got a guaranteed contract. Good for him. He speaks four languages just like Sanogo.
A guy with his measurements and advanced analytics should always test the waters. Not surprising at all. I think his defense on Hawkins got him drafted in the 1st round. It really showed his defensive versatility. Credit to Hawk.

Reaction Score
Because he wasn't going to become a top 15 pick as a senior. And being a 2nd round pick isn't a death sentence anymore with the new CBA/contract structure
Geez, you think you're generalizing a bit much? He definitely could have gone top 15 if he improved his shot.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
To be fair, we all knew AJ was going to be late first/early second. The fact that he hasn't gone yet isn't a surprise. The question is whether he was going to improve his draft position by coming back -- and the answer is probably not (he also probably wouldn't have hurt it). Still hoping he can ride the championship into a late first-round pick.
I think with the way he was figuring out how to score at the end of the year he definitely could’ve went in the first round next year. He just needed a year of showing he can be a consistent scorer on tape. He does literally everything else.

Top 15 may be a stretch though.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Sanogo will be a steal

Jokic was a second round pick so you never know. Look at all of the second round picks that helped take Miami to the finals this year.

With his great post moves you almost want to see Sanogo lose weight and try to become a Bernard King type of player. Bernard is still my all-time favorite NBA player and the reason I became a Knicks fan, best post scorer ever.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well it looks like AJAX is going 2nd round. His shooting and lack of offense off the dribble is keeping him from being a first round pick.

Reaction Score
A guy with his measurements and advanced analytics should always test the waters. Not surprising at all. I think his defense on Hawkins got him drafted in the 1st round. It really showed his defensive versatility. Credit to Hawk.
His defense on Hawk in the BET semis was great for sure. His athleticism and size are ideal as well. I was surprised because he was believed to be coming back to Marquette. He clearly made the correct decision. It is interesting though. In the beginning of he year most thought Kaluma would be the one leaving early. Instead it's OMax Prosper leaving and Kaluma staying in college ball for another year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom