2023 NBA Draft Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 NBA Draft Thread

caw

Reaction Score
That comment was gross and beneath him. Not sure if he didn’t watch enough UConn ball or has some hateraid in the veins.

Wonder how JJ felt about that, considering he might be Hawkins closest comparison atm.

Reaction Score
I think Dereck Lively from Duke at #12 will be the bust of the draft. Kids over 7' and was the top high school recruit in 2022 and only scored 5 pts. per game. Great, he blocks shots. Yippee!

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I like jaquez a lot. Real stud and underrated athlete
He is probably my favorite non UConn player of the last couple years. Just something about him.

Reaction Score
Wonder how JJ felt about that, considering he might be Hawkins closest comparison atm.
Someone needs to remind Jay Bilas that if Coach K and Coach Calhoun can be warm and friendly together at the Aquaturf recently, then it’s okay to not be snarky about Uconn once in a while.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Almost springs like he's getting Caron Butler'd. Remember that BS about his knee.

Yeah, an imaginary bullet. 90% of the time these draft night rumors are BS.

Once a guy slides this far, teams haven’t really scouted him, and the rumors can be enough to scare them off and perpetuate the sliding. All it takes is one coolheaded GM to cut through the noise and pick the top-5 talent that fell into their lap.

Reaction Score
Not what Woj just said FWIW
Yeah but others have been saying it is due to that. So it has to be combination of both or he needs to fire his agent for not getting him prepared for pre-draft workouts. I was surprise both Miami and Golden St. passed on him. He must have some huge red flag on him.

Reaction Score
Not what Woj just said FWIW
Eh, I don’t think Woj can say anything about a kid’s non-public injury concerns, can he? I’m not say it’s medical. Just saying we don’t know based just on what Woj said.

Reaction Score
Didn’t like the comments he made either - but he did pick us to win it all this year in March. Not sure he’s a UConn hater
He changed that later for us to lose to Alabama in the final.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Why is cam dropping
concerns about the level of competition he played against. many are saying the big east was weaker than ote this past season.

otoh, teams raved about the aac competition so much that two guys went in the top 10 solely off that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Eh, I don’t think Woj can say anything about a kid’s non-public injury concerns, can he? I’m not say it’s medical. Just saying we don’t know based just on what Woj said.

Sure he can. And beyond that, Woj is the absolute king of saying things implicitly. There wasn’t a hint of it in what he said.

Reaction Score
He is a great athlete and ISO guy. Good pickup by the Rockets that low.
The Rockets have a very nice core of young talent. They’re bouncing back after Harden nicely.

Reaction Score
He had poor personal workouts, including skill and work ethic concerns. Then, throw in the medical concern. I can see why teams don't want to take a risk in the 1st round

Reaction Score
I'm assuming there is a valid reason why Whitmore dropped so much, but #20 is an absolute steal regardless of the context.

There's a lot of refining he needs to do to his game, and Houston isn't the best place to develop into a professional player, but Houston is picking up a great value for that pick. Best of luck Cam!

Reaction Score
Sure he can. And beyond that, Woj is the absolute king of saying things implicitly. There wasn’t a hint of it in what he said.
It's been reported all over, by tons of reputable reporters

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom