2023 Giants | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Heck of a comeback for the G-Men. There's a lot of focus on Daniel Jones and the offense, but I'd concerned about the defense as well, if I were a Giants fan.

After being harassed by the Commanders in Week 1, Dobbs was barely touched in the pocket all game and ran for 41 yards and a score.

Following the quick TD to start the 2nd half, The Giants had two sustained drives. Arizona couldn't make an adjustment, remained flat (as bad teams are wont to do), and got gassed as they lost momentum. I thought the Cardinals were a couple of 2nd half 1st downs from winning.

The 130+ yard/game rushing against doesn't bode well at San Fran or vs Seattle either. Particularly if Barkley is unavailable on the quick turn around for the Giants to establish their own running game.
Yeah, defense has been underwhelming to say the least, I thought they would be a strong part of the team too. Thibs just doesn’t seem like he has it, LW seems past it, and Dexter get the pressure but isn’t finishing the job. The tackling has been pretty horrendous also.

Reaction Score
Heck of a comeback for the G-Men. There's a lot of focus on Daniel Jones and the offense, but I'd concerned about the defense as well, if I were a Giants fan.

After being harassed by the Commanders in Week 1, Dobbs was barely touched in the pocket all game and ran for 41 yards and a score.

Following the quick TD to start the 2nd half, The Giants had two sustained drives. Arizona couldn't make an adjustment, remained flat (as bad teams are wont to do), and got gassed as they lost momentum. I thought the Cardinals were a couple of 2nd half 1st downs from winning.

The 130+ yard/game rushing against doesn't bode well at San Fran or vs Seattle either. Particularly if Barkley is unavailable on the quick turn around for the Giants to establish their own running game.

Defense gets very little to no pressure on the QB made Hobbs look good no doubt so agree, Niners could be scary. Wink not pushing the right buttons for now either. The offense is very capable but the Niners also can pressure the QB more like the Boys so will the Oline step up?? While I agree the Cards just needed to sustain a partial drive it seemed, it also felt if and when the Giants got the ball back they were going to score. And that’s strange considering how that offense looked the prior 6 quarters.

Reaction Score
do not want to know how many years this team has taken off my life. good riddance. what a win.

Reaction Score
This team’s tackling is downright laughable. Hawkins, the “revelation” of training camp couldn’t tackle a dummy. Also, Thibodeaux as big, athletic and strong he is, has been such a disappointment. Can’t tackle either and celebrates anything like he just got a pick 6. Do the defensive coaches team form tackling?

Reaction Score
Checking in on the game and 5 minutes into watching they call a roughing the passer on Leonard Williams for tackling the QB. I'm checking out, it's getting harder and harder to watch this sport.

Reaction Score
That was an absolute brutal call. He didn’t put all his weight on him, didn’t hit him in the head - nothing.

Reaction Score
Darnay Holmes must have some secret info on the Mara’s, he is so incredibly awful.

Reaction Score
Everyone on this offense besides Andrew Thomas and Saquon epitomize mediocrity. One half against an awful Arizona team doesn’t change that.

Reaction Score
Everyone on this offense besides Andrew Thomas and Saquon epitomize mediocrity. One half against an awful Arizona team doesn’t change that.
Saqoun, ha, why am I not surprised you think he's anything special.

Basketball or football, it's all low basketball IQ stuff

Reaction Score
Saqoun, ha, why am I not surprised you think he's anything special.

Basketball or football, it's all low basketball IQ stuff
LOL. When healthy he’s averaged about 1650 yards from scrimmage each season. Not anything special though. Really good take there. Is Daniel Jones special?

Reaction Score
LOL. When healthy he’s averaged about 1650 yards from scrimmage each season. Not anything special though. Really good take there. Is Daniel Jones special?
When healthy? So that's going to be 2 times in 6 years. He was good last year, garabage in 2021, and played 2 games in 2020, and barely cracked 1k rushing in 2019. But cool, he had 2 good years out of 5 so far and one was in 2018.

This year he has 2 balls hit his hands and resulting in INTs and Dimes bailed him out again in Arizona.

But no surprise you think he's special. You probably think he deserves a big long term contract. Gettlemen is that you?

Reaction Score
When healthy? So that's going to be 2 times in 6 years. He was good last year, garabage in 2021, and played 2 games in 2020, and barely cracked 1k rushing in 2019. But cool, he had 2 good years out of 5 so far and one was in 2018.

This year he has 2 balls hit his hands and resulting in INTs and Dimes bailed him out again in Arizona.

But no surprise you think he's special. You probably think he deserves a big long term contract. Gettlemen is that you?
Dimes bailed him out against Arizona??? Brother, Dimes was shocking in the first half against a TERRIBLE defense. And if you think that pick against Dallas was Saquon’s fault, you really must just be completely biased.

Barely cracked 1k lol. Okay, let’s use the Danny Jones logic against you. Saquon cracked 1k, in 13 GAMES, on an average of 4.6 YPC. With 438 receiving yards. With an awful O-Line, right? Or are the O-Line issues only relevant when it’s Jones?

So, that’s obviously 3 good years. And yes, I do think Saquon deserved a contract. Apparently Daniel Jones thinks he’s special too, because he’s spent his career dinking balls to him hoping Saquon can make a play.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

An argument could be made that, in real time, it appeared that Leonard Williams landed on Purdy, not necessarily with his full weight, but number-to-number gives that impression. Again, I'm not saying he could have done anything different in the moment, but that is going to be called 93 times out of 100 the way it played out. The bigger beef was why Trent Williams wasn't ejected after punching Robinson. The NFL's justification was bogus at best. Neither event caused the Giants to lose on their own, but the game is played by humans and the Giants very well lost some aggressiveness as the game went on.

In general, the Giants have bigger issues. Their schedule doesn't really have a soft spot, the offense is anemic at the moment, and the defense is being exposed in the early going. As good as Barkley is, he is also unreliable and even if he were 100% last night, the Giants are inexperienced and appear soft up front. If they don't beat the Seahawks next weekend, there is a real possibility of entering November with only 2 wins.

Reaction Score
Dimes bailed him out against Arizona??? Brother, Dimes was shocking in the first half against a TERRIBLE defense. And if you think that pick against Dallas was Saquon’s fault, you really must just be completely biased.

Barely cracked 1k lol. Okay, let’s use the Danny Jones logic against you. Saquon cracked 1k, in 13 GAMES, on an average of 4.6 YPC. With 438 receiving yards. With an awful O-Line, right? Or are the O-Line issues only relevant when it’s Jones?

So, that’s obviously 3 good years. And yes, I do think Saquon deserved a contract. Apparently Daniel Jones thinks he’s special too, because he’s spent his career dinking balls to him hoping Saquon can make a play.
Yes, barely cracking 1k isnt special. You know who had more rushing yards than him that year? Marlon Mack. Carlos Hyde. Mark Ingram. Philip Lindsey. Chris Carson. Leonard Fournette. Saqoun finished 1 spot ahead of Sony Michel on the rushing list.

Glad you are not running the team (or UConn for that matter of DH would be fired) because you'd be the one GM in the league giving him a big contract.

And FYI they play 2 halves in football, Dimes balled out in the 2nd to win that game.

Oh, and against that terrible D Saqoun averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Sick.

Reaction Score
Yes, barely cracking 1k isnt special. You know who had more rushing yards than him that year? Marlon Mack. Carlos Hyde. Mark Ingram. Philip Lindsey. Chris Carson. Leonard Fournette. Saqoun finished 1 spot ahead of Sony Michel on the rushing list.

Glad you are not running the team (or UConn for that matter of DH would be fired) because you'd be the one GM in the league giving him a big contract.

And FYI they play 2 halves in football, Dimes balled out in the 2nd to win that game.

Oh, and against that terrible D Saqoun averaged 3.7 yards per carry. Sick.
Lmao, he played 13 games my man. Yeah they play 2 halves of football, correct. We’ve played 6 halves. Half of DJ’s yards this season came in 1 half. 3/4 of his touchdowns came in 1 half. Ooph.

Saquon scored 2 touchdowns himself in the Arizona game, but you’d never give him credit for that, would ya? Don’t pick and choose when to blame the line, they all play behind it. But i’ll ask again just to be sure, has Daniel Jones been good thus far?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I doubt Barkley is a Giant heading into the 2024 season. $10+ Million is a lot of money that can be spent on a couple quality veteran linemen AND a plug & play running back. Barkley will only be 27, but he's been ridden hard and those ain't highway miles.

Reaction Score
Lmao, he played 13 games my man. Yeah they play 2 halves of football, correct. We’ve played 6 halves. Half of DJ’s yards this season came in 1 half. 3/4 of his touchdowns came in 1 half. Ooph.

Saquon scored 2 touchdowns himself in the Arizona game, but you’d never give him credit for that, would ya? Don’t pick and choose when to blame the line, they all play behind it. But i’ll ask again just to be sure, has Daniel Jones been good thus far?
He scored on a 1 yard run and pass down the field from the QB. Throw a parade. Jones hasn't been good this year, Saqoun has been worse. I am not even going to touch on how poor of a pass blocker he is.

Yea, he played 13 games, because, like this year, and 4 of his 6 years, he got hurt. He loves to get hurt. Oh, and his YPC were similar to all those guys I listed.

Again, saying Saqoun is special is absolutely laughable.

Reaction Score
I doubt Barkley is a Giant heading into the 2024 season. $10+ Million is a lot of money that can be spent on a couple quality veteran linemen AND a plug & play running back. Barkley will only be 27, but he's been ridden hard and those ain't highway miles.
I don’t either, and the offense is gonna look that much worse without him as a safety blanket.

Reaction Score
He scored on a 1 yard run and pass down the field from the QB. Throw a parade. Jones hasn't been good this year, Saqoun has been worse. I am not even going to touch on how poor of a pass blocker he is.

Yea, he played 13 games, because, like this year, and 4 of his 6 years, he got hurt. He loves to get hurt. Oh, and his YPC were similar to all those guys I listed.

Again, saying Saqoun is special is absolutely laughable.
Running backs get hurt…Especially at his usage. This is not some out of the ordinary thing. Maybe as we were running down the clock to waste time for the field goal Daboll should’ve taken him out of the game.

4.6 ypc with a terrible line is very good, no? Either way, 2022 he had a great year, did he not? Let’s use the most recent season, probably the best call. 4th in the league in rushing, never fumbles, great pass catching back.

Reaction Score

You sound like Adam Schein, once again no Jones wasn’t good. But no QB in the league would have been with that line and protection,
No one! It’s an actual unknown how good he is or can be and an unfair analysis with this pathetic line and offense. Purdy is great right? No he has a superior line and the best weapons in the game. Giants DBacks had 2-3 picks with hands last night as well.

Reaction Score
You sound like Adam Schein, once again no Jones wasn’t good. But no QB in the league would have been with that line and protection,
No one! It’s an actual unknown how good he is or can be and an unfair analysis with this pathetic line and offense. Purdy is great right? No he has a superior line and the best weapons in the game. Giants DBacks had 2-3 picks with hands last night as well.
I guess we’ll see in the upcoming weeks. But, you’re gonna play tough defense and they are gonna get pressure. Sometimes you do have to make plays. What annoys me the most with DJ is deep ball accuracy, it’s rarely in the right place. Purdy had a perfect pass to Deebo for the last score, in a spot only he could catch. DJ had Waller relatively open on a deep ball and was just way off with the throw. It’s been like this for a while, he under throws guys down the field, or leads them too far to the sideline. And yes, its even when he has time in the pocket.

Reaction Score
I guess we’ll see in the upcoming weeks. But, you’re gonna play tough defense and they are gonna get pressure. Sometimes you do have to make plays. What annoys me the most with DJ is deep ball accuracy, it’s rarely in the right place. Purdy had a perfect pass to Deebo for the last score, in a spot only he could catch. DJ had Waller relatively open on a deep ball and was just way off with the throw. It’s been like this for a while, he under throws guys down the field, or leads them too far to the sideline. And yes, its even when he has time in the pocket.

Yeah he sucks! :confused:

Reaction Score
Yeah he sucks! :confused:
I’m curious, is no criticism allowed? Is this like a President in wartime? He had a great half. The rest has been rough. The whole team has been poor. But he’s the leader and on a hell of a comtract.

Reaction Score
I’m curious, is no criticism allowed? Is this like a President in wartime? He had a great half. The rest has been rough. The whole team has been poor. But he’s the leader and on a hell of a comtract.
Of course there’s criticism but you’re relentless. You don’t think he’s good and who cares honestly about the contract? You can’t carry an awful team on your back which is what they have been. I guess Dabol and Schoen see something you don’t because they wouldn’t hand out money for a bum. You talk about an under thrown ball and overthrown ball and he did. And it kills then because they’re not the Niners. Purdy overthrew and under threw as well shoo po hold have been picked off twice in the first half but look at his defense it’s phenomenal it gets him the ball in positive field position quite stem huge difference in a game.

I like our guy think he’s a huge disadvantage going into most ever game and you think I’m he sucks. That’s fine whatever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom