2023 Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Speaking of atrocious lol. You’re too obvious to have a decent discussion with. Troy can’t hold your jock you’re much smarter than him about the game. Wow done with you not worth a second!
Can the line be awful and DJ be simultaneously really bad? Would love to know.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy I can only see half of this exchange and don't need to see the pro-Giants posts. This team is awful right now. Maybe getting Barkley and Thomas back changes things, but they shouldn't be favored in a single game the rest of the year at this point

Reaction Score
Jones sucked last night they all did, the defense was good their still but gave you a chance.

25-32 from Jones was very misleading they were check downs. I call like I see it Jones had an opportunity to prove himself and he didn’t do it his play has regressed. He has that deer in the headlights look to him, when he does have the time it feels like he tries to get rid of the ball instead of completing the pass. That pick 6 sealed it.

The line sucks we know what but a franchise qb has to lift his team. Beating the Seahawks wasn’t a Herculean task their good but this wasn’t the Niners or Cowboys D. There needs to be an organizational over haul on the line, or else you will ruin the next qb even if it is Caleb Williams ie Andrew Luck.

Reaction Score
Jones sucked last night they all did, the defense was good their still soft but gave you a chance.

25-32 from Jones was very misleading they were check downs. I call like I see it Jones had an opportunity to prove himself and he didn’t do it his play has regressed. He has that deer in the headlights look to him, when he does have the time it feels like he tries to get rid of the ball instead of completing the pass. That pick 6 sealed it.

The line sucks we know what but a franchise qb has to lift his team. Beating the Seahawks wasn’t a Herculean task their good but this wasn’t the Niners or Cowboys D. There needs to be an organizational over haul on the line, or else you will ruin the next qb even if it is Caleb Williams ie Andrew Luck.

Reaction Score
Whole team sucks, but I have not seen any posts about what is by far the worst unit, the special teams.

McGaughly should have been fired way before this, but how he is still employed now is beyond. Same with Bobby Johnson.

I guess the one blessing after last night is my care level is at a 0 with this team this year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anytime a team can set the market with a mediocre QB by giving him top 10 money, and then nearly immediately, but not in time to acquire quality ancillary pieces, restructuring the deal to free up cap space, you just have to do it. Jones' agent deserves a bonus.

That said, Jones is not as bad as he appeared for 3.5 of the past 4 games (69.7 rating, 37 QBR). He's also not as good as he appeared last year (92.5 rating, 62.9 QBR), particularly in participating in a road playoff win, that helped him secure that money.

Can the line be awful and DJ be simultaneously really bad? Would love to know.
That is absolutely possible. The two are not mutually exclusive. Jones is veteran enough and the money would indicate that he knows when his line is sub-optimal and needs to get rid of the ball quickly. OTOH, where is Mike Kafka in this criticism? He knows of the deficiencies on the line. Where were the short quick pass calls?

The Giants made a mediocre Seattle D resemble The Legion of Boom and instead of worrying about competing with Washington for the 3rd or 4th WC playoff spot, they are looking at a top 5 pick in the early going and a possible Jones replacement.

Reaction Score
Anytime a team can set the market with a mediocre QB by giving him top 10 money, and then nearly immediately, but not in time to acquire quality ancillary pieces, restructuring the deal to free up cap space, you just have to do it. Jones' agent deserves a bonus.

That said, Jones is not as bad as he appeared for 3.5 of the past 4 games (69.7 rating, 37 QBR). He's also not as good as he appeared last year (92.5 rating, 62.9 QBR), particularly in participating in a road playoff win, that helped him secure that money.

That is absolutely possible. The two are not mutually exclusive. Jones is veteran enough and the money would indicate that he knows when his line is sub-optimal and needs to get rid of the ball quickly. OTOH, where is Mike Kafka in this criticism? He knows of the deficiencies on the line. Where were the short quick pass calls?

The Giants made a mediocre Seattle D resemble The Legion of Boom and instead of worrying about competing with Washington for the 3rd or 4th WC playoff spot, they are looking at a top 5 pick in the early going and a possible Jones replacement.
Did you watch the game, or any of the Giants games minus Arizona?

All they do is that. I believe he has the shortest air yards per attempt in the league.

Also, your inability to understand his contract has been comical since March. His cap hit in 2023 is not in the top 10, his total guarantee is also not in the top 10. The only top 10 thing he has is his 2024 cap hit and that is still not guaranteed to be there with everything that happens in the QB market over each offseason. Just move on, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Reaction Score

Well all we do is short, quick passes. A stat came up in the 4th quarter at some point that DJ had throw his second pass of the game that traveled over 10 air yards. It’s a middle school offense.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well all we do is short, quick passes. A stat came up in the 4th quarter at some point that DJ had throw his second pass of the game that traveled over 10 air yards. It’s a middle school offense.
Time, not yardage, but I agree that minus 1 half, The Giants' looks like a middle school offense.

In the Commanders loss to Buffalo last week, the big knock on Sam Howell was how long he held onto the ball. Washington does not have a great line either and Howell got sacked 9 times and threw 4 INTs. Only their defense kept them close for 3 quarters and there were legit questions on if he and Eric Bieniemy could adjust. The result was a real shot at beating the Eagles on the road this past weekend and the effort to get rid of the ball quick was apparent.

Did you watch the game, or any of the Giants games minus Arizona?

All they do is that. I believe he has the shortest air yards per attempt in the league.
Time, not yardage.

Also, your inability to understand his contract has been comical since March. His cap hit in 2023 is not in the top 10, his total guarantee is also not in the top 10. The only top 10 thing he has is his 2024 cap hit and that is still not guaranteed to be there with everything that happens in the QB market over each offseason. Just move on, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
Which is exactly when I gave credit to Schoen about how the contract was structured for 2023. Alas that, as well as the above, is irrelevant to the Giants restructuring his contract four days before it essentially goes into effect in order to increase their short term cap space from about $800,000 to over $7 Million (and also increasing guaranteed money). Were they hamstrung by the cap space in not getting more and/or better OL help? Possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The pick 6 made me laugh out loud. Just completely sucked the air out of the building.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey, they might not be the best tacklers in the world, but at least they can't cover anyone either.
And...they have TWO MORE primetime games....how does that happen?
Oh brother this guy stinks…
sloppy ..not taking care of the ball. Nothing to like about this team right now. Just a disgusting exhibition.
Honestly, when "Jump to new" brought me here, I forgot what thread I was on and thought it was about UConn FB.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to judge Jones until this O-line is fixed and/or Barkley is healthy. Much easier to plan if you’re a defense if you know Breida is the starter.

Just saw Justin Pugh was added to the P-squad.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to judge Jones until this O-line is fixed and/or Barkley is healthy. Much easier to plan if you’re a defense if you know Breida is the starter.

Not that hard to judge when he and his coach also says he’s been playing very poorly

Reaction Score

Jones is in his 5th season and currently playing the worst football of his career, no excuses.

Reaction Score
We might have already won too many games for him, but it's time to bring out the tank for Caleb Williams

Reaction Score
Jones is in his 5th season and currently playing the worst football of his career, no excuses.

He does make some sense on this video no doubt, I agree he needs to be smarter and better for sure!!!

Reaction Score
Evan Neal just made the biggest mistake of his short professional career.

LOL...asking your NY fans to boo louder...I think he's just trying to wreck his own life from the outside in...

Reaction Score
LOL...asking your NY fans to boo louder...I think he's just trying to wreck his own life from the outside in...

Someone needs to tell Evan that people who “flip burgers and dogs” and spend a lot of their money on going to watch him play deserve a much better player than he’s been. A very stupid statement by this young man without a doubt. I hate booing, think it’s lame, but if it’s ever deserved he and the line deserve it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Evan Neal's initial comments were exceptionally childish and stupid on a massive level. His initial apology is a start but as a start, it is analogous to warming up with thousands of other runners shortly before the gin goes off to start a marathon. He has a tremendous amount of distance to cover to come back from this but unless he can learn how to get out of his stance and in position to pass block, he won't be around long enough to come back from this.

He should be conciliatory but he also needs to learn how to do what he was drafted to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom