2023 Giants | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Of course there’s criticism but you’re relentless. You don’t think he’s good and who cares honestly about the contract? You can’t carry an awful team on your back which is what they have been. I guess Dabol and Schoen see something you don’t because they wouldn’t hand out money for a bum. You talk about an under thrown ball and overthrown ball and he did. And it kills then because they’re not the Niners. Purdy overthrew and under threw as well shoo po hold have been picked off twice in the first half but look at his defense it’s phenomenal it gets him the ball in positive field position quite stem huge difference in a game.

I like our guy think he’s a huge disadvantage going into most ever game and you think I’m he sucks. That’s fine whatever.
I think he’s not as good as you think he is, and you think he’s better than I think he is. The defenses have been tough and the line has been very bad, but passing for 150 yards on 30+ attempts is far too common with him.

Reaction Score
I think he’s not as good as you think he is, and you think he’s better than I think he is. The defenses have been tough and the line has been very bad, but passing for 150 yards on 30+ attempts is far too common with him.

Yup we won’t agree at all. Give him Purdys info last night he does just as well or better. The common theme isn’t just his light passing numbers it’s how bad his line has been for years. Think they’ll eventually get it right but Gettleman fd it up badly. Good news is Schoen and Dabol agree with me!

Reaction Score
Yup we won’t agree at all. Give him Purdys info last night he does just as well or better. The common theme isn’t just his light passing numbers it’s how bad his line has been for years. Think they’ll eventually get it right but Gettleman fd it up badly. Good news is Schoen and Dabol agree with me!
I mean, you’ve said this about multiple QBs at this point. “Give him this person’s line”. Don’t know if it was you but someone in this thread said he was better than Jalen Hurts. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Either way, important stretch of games. If he steps up I will be first to praise, if he doesn’t, I hope you can also find it in yourself to be critical.

Reaction Score
I mean, you’ve said this about multiple QBs at this point. “Give him this person’s line”. Don’t know if it was you but someone in this thread said he was better than Jalen Hurts. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Either way, important stretch of games. If he steps up I will be first to praise, if he doesn’t, I hope you can also find it in yourself to be critical.
Certainly never said he was better than Hurts, but how can we really tell we can’t. Just one OL guys stats last night Lemiuex 5 hurries, 4 pressures and 1 sack. That’s just one of the stiffs on that line. Hurts has like 3-4 all pro lineman huge difference.

If he’s allowed to step up and doesn’t I will join you. But if he’s running for his life like most drop backs we won’t come close to agreeing that’s the only promise I can make. I watch the team not the QB only.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We kind of got lucky on defense, at the tail end of SF's first drive, forcing them to kick a FG but if your defensive philosophy is to let them march downfield, hoping they either get bored and do something stupid or make a mistake and kick a FG, you should be coaching HS in a place where they don't take football seriously.

On the first play of our second possession someone came up with the brilliant idea of have a second year TE block Bosa on a pass play. Neal blocked down to his left (as did the entire offensive line, indicating that was the plan) and Bellinger whiffed on arguably the best pass rushing DE in the league. The game was over on that play.

As banged up as we are we couldn't have expected to win without a) playing over our heads in a few spots, b) having a narrow game plan to prevent our offensive line from hurting us too much and c) play mistake free football. We missed on all three.

I am furious about the two man front we run 60% of our standard defense. This more than anything killed us on far too many third downs and led to a number of instances where the didn't get to third down. We seem to be happy allowing a team to run the ball six-eight yards a pop as long as it limits their pass attempts. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I know it means little but hate the decision to chase points what was he thinking? Kick the extra point please 17-13 then when they do kick the FG like they did, you only need 7 not 8. Very poor decision there.

Crazy thing at 20-12 you knew they wouldn’t win, even at 17-12 but as bad as they were playing they were in it. Couple awful interference calls and roughing the QB was dreadful. They can’t afford to get screwed like that.

Reaction Score
I know it means little but hate the decision to chase points what was he thinking? Kick the extra point please 17-13 then when they do kick the FG like they did, you only need 7 not 8. Very poor decision there.

Crazy thing at 20-12 you knew they wouldn’t win, even at 17-12 but as bad as they were playing they were in it. Couple awful interference calls and roughing the QB was dreadful. They can’t afford to get screwed like that.
The nfl is soft I say when the refs throw a BS roughing the passer, you drill their qb right into the ground the next play look toward the refs and say now that’s an fn personal foul.

Reaction Score
The nfl is soft I say when the refs throw a BS roughing the passer, you drill their qb right into the ground the next play look toward the refs and say now that’s an fn personal foul.
That would probably be more entertaining than most anything they've done so far this year...

Reaction Score
Jones was a .500 QB at Duke! There's where my expectations are for the Giants. Depending on the week he is between the #15 and #25 QB in the NFL. There's where he has been for his entire pro career. Expecting anything different is simply not supported by evidence.

I'm a Giants fan, so I will watch and root for them. But that doesn't mean I will throw my brain in the garbage disposal.

Reaction Score
Jones was a .500 QB at Duke! There's where my expectations are for the Giants. Depending on the week he is between the #15 and #25 QB in the NFL. There's where he has been for his entire pro career. Expecting anything different is simply not supported by evidence.

I'm a Giants fan, so I will watch and root for them. But that doesn't mean I will throw my brain in the garbage disposal.

Mahomes was a few games under .500 in college. Neither played at major football programs we know that. So the college record is an excellent way for expectations.:eek:

Reaction Score

You have a brain?

I like when the Giants and UConn win because its crickets from the typical clowns who are unable to put together a thought deeper than: "He played at Duke he stinks!" or "UConn lost fire Hurley!"

Reaction Score
You want the Giants to win games, well fix the line and teach them to tackle.

The Giants were credited with 16 (!) missed, per PFF. Most of the issues were in the secondary. Tackling grades for the following: Deonte Banks (30.1), Jason Pinnock (25.8), Tre Hawkins (26.3).

Steve Palazzolo

@PFF_Steve

Last night's Giants pass-blocking grade is the third-worst we've seen since 2020. Daniel Jones pressured on half of his dropbacks and average time to pressure was 2.2 seconds, faster than Week 1 vs. Dallas

Reaction Score
You want the Giants to win games, well fix the line and teach them to tackle.

The Giants were credited with 16 (!) missed, per PFF. Most of the issues were in the secondary. Tackling grades for the following: Deonte Banks (30.1), Jason Pinnock (25.8), Tre Hawkins (26.3).

Steve Palazzolo

@PFF_Steve

Last night's Giants pass-blocking grade is the third-worst we've seen since 2020. Daniel Jones pressured on half of his dropbacks and average time to pressure was 2.2 seconds, faster than Week 1 vs. Dallas
The defense was 100% the main issue. Wink is supposed to be this tough guy coach but these guys simply cannot tackle. Even Mckinney has been awful tackling this year it seems.

Reaction Score
The defense was 100% the main issue. Wink is supposed to be this tough guy coach but these guys simply cannot tackle. Even Mckinney has been awful tackling this year it seems.
Hey, they might not be the best tacklers in the world, but at least they can't cover anyone either.

Reaction Score
And...they have TWO MORE primetime games....how does that happen?

Reaction Score
sloppy ..not taking care of the ball. Nothing to like about this team right now. Just a disgusting exhibition.

Reaction Score
thats the icing on the cake. Terrible pass by Jones. Threw it right to the defender. Fire him straight to the moon.

Reaction Score
That was an absolutely dreadful pass but if that’s all you take out of this you’re an idiot. Biggest takes are disgusting offensive line not even NFL capable none of them. Special teams were beyond dreadful as well as the tackling.

Embarrassing to be a Giant fan need the Huskies to start sooner rather than later:eek:

Reaction Score
That was an absolutely dreadful pass but if that’s all you take out of this you’re an idiot. Biggest takes are disgusting offensive line not even NFL capable none of them. Special teams were beyond dreadful as well as the tackling.

Embarrassing to be a Giant fan need the Huskies to start sooner rather than later:eek:
Line is awful, disgustingly awful. DJ has also been awful.

Reaction Score

Please, I beg you…see the light.

Reaction Score
Please, I beg you…see the light.
Listen to Troy Aikman and I beg you to get some brains. Guessing him watching this game and commenting means more than you as a matter of fact I know. But by all means continue to be happy because you’re a hater. I mean 25-32 with NO time ever with the absolute worst oline in NFL history. I suppose you’d rather have Gino? Lol

Reaction Score
Listen to Troy Aikman and I beg you to get some brains. Guessing him watching this game and commenting means more than you as a matter of fact I know. But by all means continue to be happy because you’re a hater. I mean 25-32 with NO time ever with the absolute worst oline in NFL history. I suppose you’d rather have Gino? Lol
Two terrible picks. The O line has been obviously atrocious, I can say that. DJ also holds onto the ball in the pocket with 0 awareness and fumbles/gets sacked. Would he have to throw 5 picks for you to finally say he played poorly? Besides half of one games, the guy has been atrocious.

Reaction Score
Two terrible picks. The O line has been obviously atrocious, I can say that. DJ also holds onto the ball in the pocket with 0 awareness and fumbles/gets sacked. Would he have to throw 5 picks for you to finally say he played poorly? Besides half of one games, the guy has been atrocious.
Speaking of atrocious lol. You’re too obvious to have a decent discussion with. Troy can’t hold your jock you’re much smarter than him about the game. Wow done with you not worth a second!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom