2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you're telling me that in our staff's eyes McAffee really hasn't accepted an offer from UConn? That UConn's offer wasn't real as we can still bring in another QB?

I know of many cases where a school lets a kid know they have interest, beginning late winter/early spring of that kid's junior year in HS, yet do not extend an offer until six, eight, ten months later. I know of many cases where for a position where likely they will only bring in one recruit, they will offer two or three kids and let each know, the first to accept gets the scholarship. I also know of cases where a kid is offered, accepts and later in the game someone falls into the school's lap at the same position, leaving the school to tell the initial acceptance that as things have changed, he may want to look elsewhere for a better opportunity.

If this kid was someone's third, I imagine the offer would not have been extended this early in the game.

I'm saying McAffee was probably the #1 QB on the board and he accepted a verbal offer from Diaco and Co.

In August he'll receive a written offer which will make him "officially" committed to us

Reaction Score
Yup... The Murky Waters of “Committable” Offers – Otto's Grove

It is quite funny that seemingly every time a kid selects UConn over BC in a sport - a beagle slug inevitably shows up here and tells us it's because their offer was non-committable. BC!

If there are coaches out there stringing kids along (and I am sure there are) and being less than transparent shame on them. Taking advantage of the naiveté of 16 and 17 year old kids pursuing a dream simply makes you a scumbag. Of course, this is college football........

Reaction Score
If there are coaches out there stringing kids along (and I am sure there are) and being less than transparent shame on them. Taking advantage of the naiveté of 16 and 17 year old kids pursuing a dream simply makes you a scumbag. Of course, this is college sports...

FIFY - it happens in college baseball, it happens in college basketball, it happens in college hockey, it happens in college soccer... it is what it is. and don't forget - there are adults involved on both sides (majority of times). The best course of action is to go in wide eyed and educated on recruiting process and learn from others before you.

Reaction Score
Folks get way to caught up with this. Nobody really knows what these kids have for offers. The recruiting sites go by what the kids tell them as they have nothing else to go by.

The fact of the matter is, fanbases like BC and Syracuse like to think they have a huge advantage in recruiting and, therefore, talent. They don't. Yes, the ACC is a recruiting advantage over the AAC, but when your home is at the bottom rung of a P5 ladder, programs like UCONN can be very competitive. I've said this a million times, the recruiting sites capture the top 10-20 programs that have considerable advantages in recruiting, after that it's pretty much a crap shoot. Splitting hairs on these stars is not meaningful and there is a fair amount of fiction in the offers.

If I were a BC fan I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about Adazzio's staff being able to develop OLmen then whether UCONN picks up a desired recruit from Mass. Because as soon as the OL talent he inherited graduated, the offense was a total disaster. That OL plays like that next season and BC will be lucky to out recruit UMASS.
I ventured over to a BC board this morning....they are actually a pretty mixed bag. You have a majority of them that think Addazio has one foot out the door and the other slipping on a banana peel...some want him gone yesterday...and a slight few sing his praises.

Reaction Score
FIFY - it happens in college baseball, it happens in college basketball, it happens in college hockey, it happens in college soccer... it is what it is. and don't forget - there are adults involved on both sides (majority of times). The best course of action is to go in wide eyed and educated on recruiting process and learn from others before you.

Don't get me wrong. Being frank and transparent with the kids is fine. "Fred, you are our 4th pick at corner and we have 3 schollies, we'll let you know." Fine. Stringing along? No. What are you teaching kids with that? Nothing good.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I just watched a HUDL video on Sears...there is NO WAY you can tell me he isn't the same style QB as McAfee. Both play in a spread type set w/ all their snaps in the shotgun, both make things happen with their feet. Loeffler is a spread type coach, Addazio is a spread type guy. Good luck with getting a kid like Jack Sears, the other teams on his list have MUCH more stable coaching situations.
They absolutely are the same type I didn't mean it in a sense of style change(granted there will be some) just that Loeffler likes certain guys more. Supposedly he has 5 QBs on the top of his list. Sears,Devito,Haynes are three defenites Jon Lewis and Mac Jones are probably the other two. BC is involved with Sears in a big way. A lot of family in Boston has visited a ton including camp the last two summers etc. BC and TENN are probably the leaders at this moment. But like I said I like Mcafee I think it's a great pickup for uconn im just saying what's known. I've got no issue admitting uconn has beaten BC for kids, Jay Rose last class being one. This one it's not BC hasn't been really after him for months.

Reaction Score
They absolutely are the same type I didn't mean it in a sense of style change(granted there will be some) just that Loeffler likes certain guys more. Supposedly he has 5 QBs on the top of his list. Sears,Devito,Haynes are three defenites Jon Lewis and Mac Jones are probably the other two. BC is involved with Sears in a big way. A lot of family in Boston has visited a ton including camp the last two summers etc. BC and TENN are probably the leaders at this moment. But like I said I like Mcafee I think it's a great pickup for uconn im just saying what's known. I've got no issue admitting uconn has beaten BC for kids, Jay Rose last class being one. This one it's not BC hasn't been really after him for months.
Ok..I mis-understood your post. quick question for you...how many games does Addazio have to win this year to keep his job? or is he getting another year no matter what...

Reaction Score
I'm saying McAffee was probably the #1 QB on the board and he accepted a verbal offer from Diaco and Co.

In August he'll receive a written offer which will make him "officially" committed to us
Kid's a November 12th baby like myself. Gotta be important. Glad he's about to be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ok..I mis-understood your post. quick question for you...how many games does Addazio have to win this year to keep his job? or is he getting another year no matter what...
That's a tough question. I would think anything less then 6 is a guaranteed gone. Even 6 or 7 to me is a maybe. This is a team that didn't lose much off the #1 D in the country and was a combined 15 or so points from 8 wins last year. If there's no improvement on offense I think he's a goner. My guess is he needs 7 maybe 8. However with the extension he got after year 2 I wonder if they would give him another year instead of eating a lot of money.

Reaction Score
That's a tough question. I would think anything less then 6 is a guaranteed gone. Even 6 or 7 to me is a maybe. This is a team that didn't lose much off the #1 D in the country and was a combined 15 or so points from 8 wins last year. If there's no improvement on offense I think he's a goner. My guess is he needs 7 maybe 8. However with the extension he got after year 2 I wonder if they would give him another year instead of eating a lot of money.
Can the athletic department afford the possible decrease in donations and possible seasons tickets if they don't eat his contract? This is a double edged sword...a path better off not traveled.

Reaction Score
omar_fortt9:04pm via Twitter for iPhone
Had a great day spent with the coaches and staff at UCONN
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfKQBzVWQAA-yVW.jpg (Cameron Kelly)

Omar Fortt is the younger brother of Khari Fortt (Penn State>Cal>NFL FA). Omar was originally 2016 class but transferred from Stamford to St. Luke's in New Canaan and reclassified to 2017.

6-1 180/190 Safety/WR. Current offers from Army and Navy.

Khairi Fortt was a freaking monster. If he's half as good as Khairi was, I'd love for him to come here.

Reaction Score
Visiting this coming weekend...

Liam Fornadel is a 6-4 295l OG from Dom Bosco Prep in Ramsey New Jersey. Current offers from Rutgers, San Diego State, Buffalo, Charlotte, Colorado State, Monmouth, JMU and ODU

Reaction Score
Visiting this coming weekend...

Liam Fornadel is a 6-4 295l OG from Dom Bosco Prep in Ramsey New Jersey. Current offers from Rutgers, San Diego State, Buffalo, Charlotte, Colorado State, Monmouth, JMU and ODU

I would be ecstatic if UCONN could make huge inroads at Dom Bosco Prep & Bergen Catholic, Just Sayin'.

Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah - Kill me for a typo... ;)
images

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah - Kill me for a typo... ;)
images

Not trying to bust on you for a mistake. You do a great job on here. I just think that having names right is important. If someone from Don Bosco was on the site and sees the wrong name they potentially look poorly on you. You cannot correct a problem unless you know about the problem.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members