2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pjwise915 1:39pm via Twitter for iPhone
Can't wait to get back to UCONN on Saturday really felt like a home away from home #Work2Win

Peter Wise is a 6-5 290lb OG/OT from The Brunswick School in Greenwich CT. I don't see an offer yet - has been up to UConn and appears to have attended a number of Junior Days (Baylor, Illinois, BC, Syracuse).

Just his comments on can't to get back and the feeling he got, plus the #Work2Win which seems to be a big saying for the current team/program gets me giddy. Another big body to work with.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interested in opinions on Stueber and Holmes. Both were offered by my school this week, so I'm curious for info from those who have seen either/both play. Thanks.
I've seen Stueber a few times. He's got quick feet for his size, is explosive off the ball & has some tenacity as well.
I heard through the grapevine that he enjoyed his Penn State trip.

I saw Ben Mason play as a sophomore. And he was the best player on the field that day. He's a beast.

Reaction Score

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
lol are you serious if he gets offers from the pac12, b1g and acc that wouldnt be a really tough loss itd be an expected loss

I'd say yes, it would be a loss. Yes he has P5 offers, but it isn't as if they are from USC, Bama and FSU. We should be able to retain in-state kids against the likes of Cal, Duke, Kansas, Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC.

Reaction Score
I'd say yes, it would be a loss. Yes he has P5 offers, but it isn't as if they are from USC, Bama and FSU. We should be able to retain in-state kids against the likes of Cal, Duke, Kansas, Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC.
maybe it would happen here and there but very unlikely to win out on that list

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
lol are you serious if he gets offers from the pac12, b1g and acc that wouldnt be a really tough loss itd be an expected loss
yes im serious, not delusional, tarik black is long gone and I dont think there was any chance he was going to stay here but a great local kid, with middle of the pack offers and a superb defensive head coach I would consider that a loss. it amazes me that fans of our team look down upon our program as much as the rest of the country does.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
maybe it would happen here and there but very unlikely to win out on that list

The offer list for jay rose was pretty darn impressive and we managed to land him.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    120 KB · Views: 47
Reaction Score
The offer list for jay rose was pretty darn impressive and we managed to land him.....
look down? lol.....be realistic were in the AAC right now that obviously means something to recruits. some like rose will stay home out of allegiance to the state but be real here

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess it's Obi's brother...the other two mass guys on our offer list are really high profile recruits

Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  2. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC
  3. Aapril Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  4. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY
  5. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  6. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA
  7. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida
  8. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT
  9. Brandon Sabastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT
  10. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT
  11. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  12. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT
  13. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA
  14. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida
  15. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida
  16. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.
  17. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD
  18. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY
  19. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey
  20. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA
  21. Andrew Stueber (OL) - Darien High School, Darien CT
  22. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
  23. Kenny Pickett (DT QB) - Ocean Township High School, Oakhurst New Jersey
  24. Mason Cholewa (DE/DT) - Montour High School, McKees Rock PA
  25. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA
  26. Jeffrey Hubbard (CB) - Woodward Academy, College Park GA
  27. Rob Saulin (DE/TE) - Pennsville Memorial High School, Pennsville New Jersey
  28. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15)
  29. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)
  30. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York (Wisconsin Commit 3/24/16)
  31. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Michigan Commit 3/28/17)
  32. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA (UVA Commit 4/2/16)

Reaction Score
Looks like I missed this one last week:

jordan_mcafeeMar 22, 5:12pm via Twitter for iPhone
I'm truly blessed to receive an offer from University of Connecticut#StriveForGreatness#GrindHardStayHumble

Jordan McAfee is a 6-4 200lb Pro-Style QB from Everett High School in Everett MA. Other offer from BC.

They need to come up with the "Spread" designation for QB's...this kid is a classic spread type QB and more of a dual threat than a pro-style. When I think of Pro-Style I think of being under center with 5-7 step drops a majority of the time..with the ability to operate out of the shotgun. The being said he throws a really nice ball with a good touch. He's big, rangy and can make things happen with his feet.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
They need to come up with the "Spread" designation for QB's...this kid is a classic spread type QB and more of a dual threat than a pro-style. When I think of Pro-Style I think of being under center with 5-7 step drops a majority of the time..with the ability to operate out of the shotgun. The being said he throws a really nice ball with a good touch. He's big, rangy and can make things happen with his feet.

I didn't see you post this before I made a similar comment but it's so true. Nothing about that says Pro-Style. I wish we could just say "QB" and let our eyes determine if they're a running threat or not instead of having recruiting sites decide it for us.

Reaction Score
I didn't see you post this before I made a similar comment but it's so true. Nothing about that says Pro-Style. I wish we could just say "QB" and let our eyes determine if they're a running threat or not instead of having recruiting sites decide it for us.
The thing that made me watch the video closely was his other offer. Addazio told Timmy Boyle he wasn't going to be a fit for the scheme he was gonna run on offense. Boyle was definitely a "pro-style" qb recruit.

Reaction Score
The thing that made me watch the video closely was his other offer. Addazio told Timmy Boyle he wasn't going to be a fit for the scheme he was gonna run on offense. Boyle was definitely a "pro-style" qb recruit.

Boyle may have succeeded at BC but PP ruined him here. I do think Cochran was the better QB all along though - it's too bad he had so many concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom