2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 31 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Do you think your desire is diametrically opposed to the staff's?

Sounds great... what's your sales pitch?

I've got a friend in Louisville who seems to have some pretty good ideas

Reaction Score
Do you think your desire is diametrically opposed to the staff's?

Sounds great... what's your sales pitch?
I figure Diaco and that $1.7 Million check he's collecting might be able to figure something out.
I don't want him to go nuts with taking this approach, but he's gotta do a better job getting a little morextra out of certain positions on the field, no? We've got Talent yes, but, if you Coach your team in a real game like you don't believe in more than 3 & outs, a shake up of some sort is needed. I say we could be an impact player or 2 to help take a few steps in the right direction. We're not playing Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or anybody on their level anytime soon. this gives us a shot to get this turned back v around in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I figure Diaco and that $1.7 Million check he's collecting might be able to figure something out.
I don't want him to go nuts with taking this approach, but he's gotta do a better job getting a little morextra out of certain positions on the field, no? We've got Talent yes, but, if you Coach your team in a real game like you don't believe in more than 3 & outs, a shake up of some sort is needed. I say we could be an impact player or 2 to help take a few steps in the right direction. We're not playing Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, or anybody on their level anytime soon. this gives us a shot to get this turned back v around in the right direction.

I guess my point is/was do you think they are not trying to bring impact players in? You see the offer list and the schools we are losing kids to. Losing seasons and AAC is a tough sell. Need to start winning and it will improve.

Reaction Score
I guess my point is/was do you think they are not trying to bring impact players in? You see the offer list and the schools we are losing kids to. Losing seasons and AAC is a tough sell. Need to start winning and it will improve.
We offer HS and prep kids 99.9% of the time. Occasionally we get a transfer (Levenberry) or a JUCO kid (Anderson). All Im saying is maybe its time to pursue the JUCO route a little harder.

Reaction Score
We offer HS and prep kids 99.9% of the time. Occasionally we get a transfer (Levenberry) or a JUCO kid (Anderson). All Im saying is maybe its time to pursue the JUCO route a little harder.

Ah... I guess I concentrated on the "Time to start swaying 4 or 5 star types" statement. Understand your point.

Reaction Score
Good call. but is your point that if we bring in another 10 GA's we will be on our way to a top 25 finish? Remember, he didn't even start for his JUCO.

He did however throw the most memorable pass of this decade

Reaction Score
Good call. but is your point that if we bring in another 10 GA's we will be on our way to a top 25 finish? Remember, he didn't even start for his JUCO.

He did however throw the most memorable pass of this decade

Not another 10 GA's bro, or just any JUCO... We need to address the matter with the understanding that these kids can provide an immediate impact... put pressure on the current roster to either pick their game up, pay closer attention to detail, execute better... We currently haven't shown that... So, we gotta improve..

And, again, not bringing in 10 more guys of that ilk, just a few at key spots...
IMO, key spots are:

QB - not an afterthought 2nd string JUCO QB either.. no disrespect to Anderson, but it is what it is with him.. If anybody thinks otherwise about his signing they are delusional... I know he's probably a great guy, but we're trying to win football games along with developing young men into promising citizens in the community.... Who wouldn't want a 4 or 5 star kid from say Alabama, USC, Michigan, one of the Texas shools, etc... to come in and add more flare along with competition to the position.

OL - Yeah, they need to develop, but we gotta get some guys with more ability up front, plain and simple, or else we're rebuilding there year in and year out

DB - Hopefully when Tre Bell's redshirt comes off we'll see what my point is... More competition wouldn't hurt back there... Teams have been scoring at will in the air on us.

DL - preferably DE.. we have ZERO pass rush.. ZERO... ZERO.. let that sink in for a minute guys...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not another 10 GA's bro, or just any JUCO... We need to address the matter with the understanding that these kids can provide an immediate impact... put pressure on the current roster to either pick their game up, pay closer attention to detail, execute better... We currently haven't shown that... So, we gotta improve..

And, again, not bringing in 10 more guys of that ilk, just a few at key spots...
IMO, key spots are:

QB - not an afterthought 2nd string JUCO QB either.. no disrespect to Anderson, but it is what it is with him.. If anybody thinks otherwise about his signing they are delusional... I know he's probably a great guy, but we're trying to win football games along with developing young men into promising citizens in the community.... Who wouldn't want a 4 or 5 star kid from say Alabama, USC, Michigan, one of the Texas shools, etc... to come in and add more flare along with competition to the position.

OL - Yeah, they need to develop, but we gotta get some guys with more ability up front, plain and simple, or else we're rebuilding there year in and year out

DB - Hopefully when Tre Bell's redshirt comes off we'll see what my point is... More competition wouldn't hurt back there... Teams have been scoring at will in the air on us.

DL - preferably DE.. we have ZERO pass rush.. ZERO... ZERO.. let that sink in for a minute guys...

The problem is this is not a video game where you can just decrease the difficulty level if your team is not highly rated. These are human beings with actual intelligence in lieu of artificial.

Yes, who wouldn't love a 4-5 star recruit at QB to transfer from Alabama? The problem is that 4-5 star recruits are either in the hunt for QB1 at Alabama or if they transfer, it's either to a different P5 university or to a Junior or FCS College, in order to not forego a season of eligibility.

The issues on the DL and DBfield are compounded by the inept offense. The defense passes the eye test in the first quarter. After that, problems rear their ugly head because the offense can't gain 10 yards consistently, which means the D has about a minute 45 to catch their breath, before being forced back out on the field. After a few offensive "drives," it starts to snow ball. The D is gassed so they start to give up multiple first downs, which means they are on the field longer and get further gassed. If by some miracle, they hold the opponent on 3rd down, it's the 3rd or 4th series of the drive and inevitably for short yardage inside their own 35, where the opposing coach correctly goes for the 1st down. 9 times out 10, an exhausted defense is going to give up 2 or 3 yards on 4th down on a competent offensive play call.

Reaction Score
The problem is this is not a video game where you can just decrease the difficulty level if your team is not highly rated. These are human beings with actual intelligence in lieu of artificial.

Yes, who wouldn't love a 4-5 star recruit at QB to transfer from Alabama? The problem is that 4-5 star recruits are either in the hunt for QB1 at Alabama or if they transfer, it's either to a different P5 university or to a Junior or FCS College, in order to not forego a season of eligibility.

The issues on the DL and DBfield are compounded by the inept offense. The defense passes the eye test in the first quarter. After that, problems rear their ugly head because the offense can't gain 10 yards consistently, which means the D has about a minute 45 to catch their breath, before being forced back out on the field. After a few offensive "drives," it starts to snow ball. The D is gassed so they start to give up multiple first downs, which means they are on the field longer and get further gassed. If by some miracle, they hold the opponent on 3rd down, it's the 3rd or 4th series of the drive and inevitably for short yardage inside their own 35, where the opposing coach correctly goes for the 1st down. 9 times out 10, an exhausted defense is going to give up 2 or 3 yards on 4th down on a competent offensive play call.
Agreed.. now we're getting somewhere....
In a perfect world this would be like a video game, but I realize it's not.. BUT with all the $$$ invested in the program. From what I saw on the facilities and all a few weekends ago (Open house) one would think UConn is in position to get some elite players to come to Storrs and start their own legacy... It's frustrating knowing all that we have in place and not one (not one) elite player gives us a 3rd thought... we dig from the bottom of the barrel still.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Agreed.. now we're getting somewhere....
In a perfect world this would be like a video game, but I realize it's not.. BUT with all the $$$ invested in the program. From what I saw on the facilities and all a few weekends ago (Open house) one would think UConn is in position to get some elite players to come to Storrs and start their own legacy... It's frustrating knowing all that we have in place and not one (not one) elite player gives us a 3rd thought... we dig from the bottom of the barrel still.
I bought NCAA '14 on eBay last spring. I'm currently 12-0 with #3 UConn in what was former "Coach" Pasqualoni's final abbreviated year. Of Course, Shakim Philips is still on the team. So, it just goes to show that a second receiver and an average of three or so system resets per game was the difference between a 3-9 and a birth in one of the final BCS bowl games ever.

Reaction Score
2 issues that need to be thought thru

Why would an elite player come to UConn. And don't say PT - if they're elite they'll get that anywhere.

Are the staff and administration both committed to bringing in athletes. There's been too much noise for to long that we are not. We are not Stanford. And duke, ND, meeshigun, and other respected schools programs have a plan in place to accept and matriculate athletes.

Other than that, yeah we should bring on almost anyone who helps us win on the field.

Reaction Score

My son told me about that a little while ago... interesting. He was their only QB commit. Butch has issues down there.

Three-star quarterback prospect parts ways with Tennessee

Other offers @ time of commitment were UConn, BC and Buffalo. Lewis is ranked the No. 28 dual-threat QB in the class of 2017, and the No. 8 player in the state of Connecticut.

I'll update chart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2017 UConn Offer List:
  1. Tarik Black (WR) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT
  2. Aapri Washington (DB) – Southlake Christian Academy, Huntersville NC
  3. Isaiah Wilson (OL) Brooklyn Poly Prep, Brooklyn, NY
  4. C.J. Lewis (DT QB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Tennessee Commit 7/23/16>Decommit 11/22/16)
  5. Markquese Bell (WR/FS) - Bridgeton High School, Bridgeton New Jersey
  6. Lester Axson Jr. (CB/WR) = Foundation Academy, Winter Haven, Florida
  7. Jahmin Muse (Ath/WR/S) - Elizabeth High School, Elizabeth, NJ
  8. Sandro Maxwell (TE/DE) - Berkley Prep High, Tampa Florida
  9. DJ Edwards (WR) - Palm Beach Lakes High School, West Palm Beach Florida
  10. Zamari Maxwell (CB/Athlete) - Pinellas Park High School, Largo Florida
  11. Joshua Maize (DE) - Deerfield High School, Deerfield Illinois
  12. Noah Hamlin (WR/DB) - Clarion High School, Clarion PA
  13. Savon Cooper (LB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn GA
  14. Liam Fornadel (OL) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey New Jersey
  15. Stanley Hubbard III (OL) - St. John's College High School, Washington DC.
  16. Ted Field (OL) - The Salisbury School via Glen Mill PA.
  17. Justus Harris (CB) - Roswell High School, Roswell, Georgia
  18. Dawson DeGroot (Safety/WR/Athlete) - Fort Myers High School, Fort Myers Florida
  19. Dallas Hobbs (TE/DE) - Deerfield Academy via Washington High School Cedar Rapids Iowa
  20. Josh Thompson (WR/DB) - Garland High School, Garland Texas (BC Commit 0/12/16>Decommit)
  21. Jordan McAfee (PS QB) - Everett High School, Everett MA (UConn Commit 4/2/16)
  22. Rob Saulin (DE/TE) - Pennsville Memorial High School, Pennsville New Jersey (UConn Commit 4/16/16)
  23. Abiola Bebe Olaniyan (CB) - Woodberry Forest School, Woodberry Forest VA (UConn Commit 6/14/16)
  24. Ryan Dickens (LB/FB/LS) - Raritan High School, Hazlett New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/15/16)
  25. Ryan Fitton (TE/DE/P) Staples High School, Westport CT (UConn Commit 7/4/16)
  26. Ian Swenson (CB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette Illinois (UConn Commit 7/22/16)
  27. Brian Keating (C/LS) - Darien High School, Darien CT. (UConn Commit 7/2016 - PWO)
  28. Jake Byczko (TE/OLB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (UConn Commit 7/27/16)
  29. Omar Fortt (DB/WR) - St Luke's School, New Canaan CT (UConn Commit 8/7/16)
  30. J.T. Cauthen (WR) - Cuthbertson High School, Waxhaw NC (UNC Commit 1/5/16)
  31. Jack Coan (PS QB) - Sayville High School, Sayville New York (Wisconsin Commit 3/24/16)
  32. A.J. Dillon (RB/LB) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Michigan Commit 3/28/17)
  33. Tommy Christ (DE/T) - Dominion High School, Sterling VA (UVA Commit 4/2/16)
  34. Kasim Hill (PS QB) - Gilman High School, Baltimore MD (Maryland Commit 4/9/16)
  35. Brandon Sebastian (Ath) – West Haven HS/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (BC Commit 4/9/16
  36. Bo Melton ( WR/ATH) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City, New Jersey (Rutgers Commit 4/15/16)
  37. Ben Mason (LB/FB) - Newtown High School, Newtown CT (Michigan Commit 5/7/16)
  38. Sam Vretman (OL) – Rocky Mountain HS Idaho/Cheshire Academy Cheshire CT (Rutgers Commit 5/16/16)
  39. Isaiah McDuffie (LB/RB) - Bennett High School, Buffalo New York (Syracuse Commit 7/20/15>Decommit> BC Commit 5/24/16)
  40. Fabian Kratz (OL) - Naperville Central High School, Naperville, Illinois. (Oregon State Commit 5/31/16)
  41. MJ Jarrell (WR) - Timber Creek High School, Orlando, Florida (Maryland Commit 6/2/16)
  42. Issac Hawn (OL) - St Charles North High School,Elgin Illinois (NIU Commit 6/3/16)
  43. Kenny Pickett (DT QB) - Ocean Twnshp High School, Oakhurst New Jersey (Temple Commit 4/9/16>Decommitt 5/16/16>Pitt Commit 6/4/16)
  44. Alexander Marshall (TE/DE) - Andover High School, Andover MA (FSU Commit 6/4/16)
  45. Darian Street (WR/CB) - Liberty High School, Bethlehem PA (Pitt Commit 6/6/16)
  46. Zachariah Burton (DB/WR) - William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware (UVA Commit 6/12/16)
  47. Ethan Wiederkehr (DE/TE) - Shoreham Wading River High School, Shoreham NY (Northwestern Commit 6/13/16)
  48. Collin Smith (QB/RB/Safety/Athlete) - Ligonier Valley High School, Ligonier, PA (WVA Commit 6/14/16)
  49. Marcus Valdez (DE) - Don Bosco Prep, Ramsey, New Jersey (BC Commit 6/22/16)
  50. Cody Lamb (OL) - Miamisburg High School, Miamisburg Ohio (Cincinnati Commit 6/22/16)
  51. Robert Topps III (CB) - Marist High School, Chicago Ill. (Kansas Commit 6/22/16)
  52. Dakota Davis (OL) - Gleneig High School, Gleneig Maryland (Syracuse Commit 6/24/16)
  53. Andrew Stueber (OL) - Darien High School, Darien CT (Michigan Commit 6/25/16)
  54. Cameron Jordan (WR/DB) - Hills West High School, Dix Hills NY (Syracuse Commit 6/26/16)
  55. Matt Hankins ( CB) - Marcus High School, Flower Mound Texas (Iowa Commit 6/27/16)
  56. Olakunle Fatukasi (OLB) - Grant Street Campus School, Brooklyn, NY (Rutgers Commit 6/28/16)
  57. Rob King (Safety/QB/Athlete) - Father Judge High School, Philadelphia PA. (Temple Commit 7/1/16)
  58. Ifeatu Melifonwu (WR/CB) - Grafton High School, Grafton MA.(Syracuse Commit 7/2/16)
  59. Kameron Jones (LB) - Peachtree Ridge High School, Suwanee, GA (Louisville Commit 7/3/16)
  60. Deon Jones (CB) – Archbishop Carrol High School, Washington DC (Maryland Commit 7/6/16)
  61. D. Major Roman (TE/LB) – New London High School, New London CT (Yale Commit (7/7/16)
  62. C.J. Holmes (RB/CB) – Cheshire Academy, Cheshire CT (Notre Dame Commit 7/8/16)
  63. Darius Corbett (WR/CB) - Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa Florida (Toledo Commit 7/9/16)
  64. Mike Tverdov (DE) - Union High School, Union NJ (Rutgers Commit 7/13/16)
  65. Jeffrey Hubbard (CB) - Woodward Academy, College Park GA (Colorado State Commit 7/18/16)
  66. Russell Thompson-Bishop (WR/QB/SS) - Bloomfield High School, Bloomfield CT (Syracuse Commit 7/21/16)
  67. Jeremiah Stafford (OL) - North Marion High School , Citra, Florida (USF Commit 7/24/16)
  68. Markus Vinson (DB/RB) - Damascus High School, Damascus Maryland (Richmond Commit 7/25/16)
  69. Mason Cholewa (DE/DT) - Montour High School, McKees Rock PA (UCF Commit 7/27/16)
  70. Thabo Mwaniki (Athlete) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas (OK State Commit 7/30/16)
  71. Aaron Hackett (TE) - Venice High School, Venice Florida (Syracuse Commit 7/31/16)
  72. Curtis Harper ( DT/G) - McKeesport High School, McKeesport PA (Syracuse Commit 8/1/16)
  73. Max Fisher (WR) - Gonzaga High School, Washington DC. (NC State Commit 8/2/16)
  74. Grant Donaldson (LB/FB/P) - DeMatha Catholic High School. Annapolis, Maryland (Air Force Commit 8/5/16)
  75. Dan Sichterman (DE/OLB) - Kings High School, Kings Mill, Ohio (Ball State Commit 8/9/16 > Decommit/Iowas State Commit 10/30/16)
  76. Jason Pinnock (CB/WR) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (BC Commit 8/12/16)
  77. Hunter Long (TE) - Deerfield Academy via Exeter High School, Exeter New Hampshire (BC Commit 8/13/16)
  78. Trevon Grimes (WR) – St. Thomas Aquinas, Ft Lauderdale Florida (OSU Commit 8/22/16)
  79. Diego Fagot (LB) - Calvary Christian Academy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Navy Commit 9/11/16)
  80. Erik Mueller (LB/FB) - Wheaton North High School, Wheaton Illinois (Northwestern Commit 9/17/16)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Well now, all Bob needs to do is convince Lewis and Black they are the Future of UConn FB -UPTICK.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see who commits here. We had enough trouble getting guys when the coach was a local hero. Now that the townsfolk have gathered their pitchforks, who'll pledge the next 4-5 years to come here and play for a coach to be named later. Good times.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
In home visits can be made by coaching staff members starting November 27 and running through January 28

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Also December 12 through January 11 is the Dead Period

Reaction Score
My son told me about that a little while ago... interesting. He was their only QB commit. Butch has issues down there.

Three-star quarterback prospect parts ways with Tennessee

Other offers @ time of commitment were UConn, BC and Buffalo. Lewis is ranked the No. 28 dual-threat QB in the class of 2017, and the No. 8 player in the state of Connecticut.

I'll update chart.

Nittany Nation (@BasicBlues)
11/23/16, 11:23 AM
BREAKING: 4 ⭐️️ Dual Threat QB will be visiting PSU this weekend. Just de-committed from Tennessee. #WeAre

Reaction Score
Diaco doesn't read the papers or his e-mail.;):eek::rolleyes:Head bang. He doesn't know this has happened. It is easy to fix our problems.:mad:

Reaction Score
D - sorry I meant to get back to this and blew by it. Haven't heard/seen much about recruiting but the kid's breaking all sorts of records. He's moved into good company.

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 27m 27 minutes ago
Unofficially, Davis' 37 TDs (36 rushing) are SCC record, beating Ervin Phillips (2013) and DeAngelo Berry (2012) both of whom had 35 #cthsfb

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 23m 23 minutes ago
Zach Davis has also broken SCC record for rushing yards in a season (2,497) and is 11th all-time in state history. In 7 games. #cthsfb

@BlueWhiteKid

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 20m20 minutes ago
Zach Davis now at 3,045 yards for season unofficially, 5th best in state history, but will probably remain there with 1 game left. #cthsfb

1. Newsome 3,867 (2013)
2. Newsome 3,763 (2011)
3. A. Thomas 3,596 (2007)
4. M. Dobbs 3,445 (2010)
5. Z. Davis 3,045 (2016)

Tony Terzi ‏@T2Fox61 59s60 seconds ago
UNOFFICIAL: Zach Davis leaves game early 4th Q with 25 carries, NEW state record 543 yds, 7 TDs @GameTimeCT #cthsfb

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 59m59 minutes ago
Zach Davis unofficially finishes with 3,588 yards rushing, 4th most in state history (Arkeel Newsome has 2 of seasons above him). #cthsfb

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 57m57 minutes ago
Davis' 50 TDs is also 3rd all-time in state history. He beat the old SCC record by more than 1,000 yards and did it in only 10 games #cthsfb

Ray Curren ‏@currenscc 53m53 minutes ago
Davis now holds 3 of top 5 rushing games all-time in CT, and has rushed for 1,050 yards (with 15 TDs) vs. Lyman Hall last 2 seasons. #cthsfb

Reaction Score

Relax. He's accompanying his friend B. Sebastian who was recently offered at CB. PSU already has S. Clifford at QB and they're not taking another one this cycle.

Reaction Score
Relax. He's accompanying his friend B. Sebastian who was recently offered at CB. PSU already has S. Clifford at QB and they're not taking another one this cycle.

Bryce or Brandon Sebastian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak