2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's at minimum a top 3 100m runner in the state. I'm not sure how that wouldn't fall into the explosive category.

he has really long strides and is faster than he looks but I still wouldn't qualify him as explosive.

Reaction Score
Coach Campbell putting in some work.

Bahamas ‏@iamti_bahamas 1h1 hour ago
Special thanks to UCONN football for inviting me to their game this past Saturday against Tulane #GoHuskies
20.jpg

Torres Ingraham is a 5-11 163lb WR/FS native of the Bahamas attending Northview High School, Dothan Alabama.
Sr Highlights Torres Ingraham highlights

Last player we had from the Bahamas worked out pretty well. (DT Deon McPhee)

Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody know who our kicker is going to be in 2017?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Graham...and I hope that leg of his is ready for action...gonna be a lot of punting.

Reaction Score
I follow the Boneyard off and on. Recently there has been a recruit who decommitted from Uconn to go to Temple. Between what his release on why he went to Temple and the father's letter there are some things to conclude.
1 He really wanted to go to Temple
2 After his commitment Uconn Staff did no followup
3 When attempting to contact Uconn staff he was ignored.
4 The concern if the coaching staff would be here next year
5 The constant negativity on the Boneyard scared him off

#5 falls directly on the shoulders of the continuous naysayers on this Boneyard. I hope those here will take responsibility for their negative atmosphere they create and perpetuate does not have any further affects on recruits

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks guys. Somehow I forgot about Tarbutt, and replacing a kicker like Puyol isn't easy. Hopefully he'll be up to the task. It seemed an area where we'd need some depth in case of injury or if he isn't doing the job.

Reaction Score

#5 falls directly on the shoulders of the continuous naysayers on this Boneyard. I hope those here will take responsibility for their negative atmosphere they create and perpetuate does not have any further affects on recruits

Understood. BUT when you pay a guy over $1 million annually to run a FBS level football program and show signs of improvement from year 1 to year 2 to year 3 and you don't get that, you get the comments on the other board, along with twitter and wherever else a fan can voice their frustration. It's a part of the process. And it happens at other programs too, not just UConn.. It happened with Temple, but they've turned the corner finally (good for them)... They have a guy in place that understands winning on the field in a live game is just as important as a kid's development from boyhood to man.

Right now, we've shown that we've missed the memo on that. BUT we can/will get this thing turned around I'm sure....

Reaction Score
Understood. BUT when you pay a guy over $1 million annually to run a FBS level football program and show signs of improvement from year 1 to year 2 to year 3 and you don't get that, you get the comments on the other board, along with twitter and wherever else a fan can voice their frustration. It's a part of the process. And it happens at other programs too, not just UConn.. It happened with Temple, but they've turned the corner finally (good for them)... They have a guy in place that understands winning on the field in a live game is just as important as a kid's development from boyhood to man.

Right now, we've shown that we've missed the memo on that. BUT we can/will get this thing turned around I'm sure....

What people don't realize is that in a college program you won't necessarily see the progression from year to year....you have kids for 3,4,5 years max and then you have a changing of the guard. Teams like Alabama and OU who can recruit 4 / 5 star talent and just store them away never rebuild they just reload

This isn't the NFL where guys are on teams for 8 years and know the system backwards and forwards....they're 19-21 year old kids doing their best....the board has lost its mind

Reaction Score
I follow the Boneyard off and on. Recently there has been a recruit who decommitted from Uconn to go to Temple. Between what his release on why he went to Temple and the father's letter there are some things to conclude.

There was a thread on this yesterday in the football forum that seems to be gone, anyone know why it was removed? Wasn't favorable to HCBD obviously but I didn't see anything offensive in there either...just curious.

Reaction Score
What people don't realize is that in a college program you won't necessarily see the progression from year to year....you have kids for 3,4,5 years max and then you have a changing of the guard. Teams like Alabama and OU who can recruit 4 / 5 star talent and just store them away never rebuild they just reload

This isn't the NFL where guys are on teams for 8 years and know the system backwards and forwards....they're 19-21 year old kids doing their best....the board has lost its mind
I say blame the system. The expectations at the FBS level revolve around $$$. Just like a corporation. Wins equate to gains/profit... no gains/profit who's ever in charge has to answer to the masses. An unfortunate but true part of what's going on today..

Reaction Score
Jon Santucci@JonSantucci34 mins ago
.@VBFootball WR Michael Smith picked up an offer from #UConn today. #Pitt also showing interest.
#TCPrepZone

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 22m 22 minutes ago
Extremely blessed to receive my 4th offer from UConn

Michael Smith is a 6-3 215lb WR from Vero Beach High School, Vero Beach, Florida. Other offers from UMass, Tennessee-Martin and Florida A&M.

Senior Highlights - Michael Smith highlights

Vero Beach receiver Michael Smith sets area touchdown record
Super 11 Spotlight: Vero Beach WR Michael Smith

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 Nov 30
Blessed to receive another offer from #FIU

Michael Smith ‏@cantguardmike11 4h 4 hours ago
Blessed to receive another offer from the University of Indiana

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1 He really wanted to go to Temple
2 After his commitment Uconn Staff did no followup
3 When attempting to contact Uconn staff he was ignored.
4 The concern if the coaching staff would be here next year

Yeah you completely made up #5. Well done.

That posters finally realize what they are looking at does not put them at fault for the 'negative atmosphere'. The blame lies with the administration who is seemingly looking to murder the football program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger