2016 UConn Football Gameday Changes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 UConn Football Gameday Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCMB just wrapped up its practice at The Rent, broadcast on Facebook Live using its new drone, a run-through for Thursday's game. Pretty impressive.

The one scoop I heard was that after the National Anthem and the band moves to the student end of the field, Big Red will be on the video board to lead the U-C-O-N-N cheer. I hadn't heard that before but it seems like a great idea.

I wonder if the cheerleaders will continue to use the letters after UCONN scores while Big Red leads the cheer on the board. There were some times last year when a great, loud UCONN cheer could have maintained or built the crowd noise during a time out or other stoppage. Curious to see how this will work....be loud on Thursday!

Reaction Score
For Waywardson and others--the alma mater and fight song. The Boneyardigan Choir will practice nightly from 7 - 8 pm so we can be ready for Gameday.

OLD CONNECTICUT
line.gif

Once more, as we gather today,
To sing our Alma Mater's praise,
And join in the fellowship strong,
Which inspires our college days.
We're backing our teams in the strife
Cheering them to victory!
And Pledge anew to old Connecticut,
Our steadfast spirit of loyalty.

(Chorus)
Connecticut, Connecticut,
Thy sons and daughters true
Unite to honor thy name,
Our fairest White and Blue.

UCONN HUSKY FIGHT SONG
line.gif

U - Conn Husky, symbol of might to the foe.
Fight, fight Connecticut, It's vict'ry, Let's go.
Connecticut U - Conn Husky,
vict'ry again for the White and Blue
So go - go - go Connecticut, Connecticut U.
C - O - N - N - E - C - T - I - C - U - T
Connecticut, Connecticut Husky, Connecticut Husky
Connecticut C - O - N - N - U! Fight!
(Repeat)

I've always sung "Do it again for the White and Blue"...is this another "there's a bathroom on the right" moment?

One of my favorite away game experiences was getting snookered on the UCONN fight song at Notre Dame. We walked around the campus before the game, talking to fans and visiting the student food sale/fundraiser tables. The guys at one table asked if we wanted to buy a hot dog from them. It was a little early, so we declined. One tempted us: "If I can sing the UCONN fight song, will you buy one?" I bit that baited hook and said of course. He sang the fight song--as a ballad--in a clear tenor voice, just breathtaking. Easiest $5 they made that day.

Reaction Score
Link to the UCMB post with the drone footage, go to about 3 minutes 15 seconds from the end to hear the mention of Big Red and the new "Welcome to the Dog House" song

Beyond pumped!

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Link to the UCMB post with the drone footage, go to about 3 minutes 15 seconds from the end to hear the mention of Big Red and the new "Welcome to the Dog House" song

love this, the welcome to the dog house is awesome, deff something you can see the whole stadium "singing" to. get the whole stadium going before they come on the field would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom