2016 UConn Football Gameday Changes | The Boneyard

2016 UConn Football Gameday Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Benedict tweeted he would be unveiling some game day changes for 2016 this morning on an interview with Bob Joyce- anyone know anything about this?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
For those with no twitter, a recap:

tailgating hours now extended from 4 hours before to 5 hours before the game. I wonder if this means season ticket holders get 6 hours to tailgate?

shuttles for students to/from campus are now FREE (thank the Lord)

ALL incoming freshmen get free tickets to the football games (another great move)

Concession prices for hot dogs and waters have been moved from $5 ea to $3 ea -- noted it was too high in price for a college game

Students can drive to The Rent and park there at a reduced rate-- next to the shuttles so all students are in one area

Be in your seats for kickoff

Man this guy just gets it. Having a football focused AD is going to do wonders for this program. I hope this leads to more crowds not just now but in the future too as these kids get older.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The 4-to-5(-to 6?) hour move will need clarification, but the student bussing and free frosh tickets are a HUGE upgrade. Well done!

Reaction Score
cYanmPn.gif

Reaction Score
I think they should essentially try to make the gameday experience like a tiny slice of storrs.

Name the gates after the dorms: Gate A becomes Jungle; Gate B is Alumni , C: Hilltop. Stuff like that. Costs almost no money, makes the place feel like home.

Have a UConn Food-service truck that just sells jalapeno mac n cheese (hahaha)

if you have fun with stuff, fans get that nostalgia and 6 weekends a year can attach to that sort of stuff. Especially for an off-campus venue, that novel can really get the blood pumping.

Reaction Score
The free buses are absolutely huge....to have students pay 49 bucks for student tickets is very reasonable....where it gets pushy is paying another 28 for buses to get to the game, but the catch is that the bus tickets sell out. All in all, great moves by Benedict.

Next thing I'd love to see them do is load the student tickets onto their student ID's so its just a swipe to get into the games...drunk college kids can be forgetful sometimes with paper tickets :)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The free buses are absolutely huge....to have students pay 49 bucks for student tickets is very reasonable....where it gets pushy is paying another 28 for buses to get to the game, but the catch is that the bus tickets sell out. All in all, great moves by Benedict.

Next thing I'd love to see them do is load the student tickets onto their student ID's so its just a swipe to get into the games...drunk college kids can be forgetful sometimes with paper tickets :)
They did this a couple years ago, but it didn't work out so well because buying/selling tickets between students became a huge pain

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They did this a couple years ago, but it didn't work out so well because buying/selling tickets between students became a huge pain

Other schools don't have a problem. And with free frosh tickets, it undermines paying upperclassmen. That can be addressed later. Getting students to the game is priority number 1 after winning games.

Reaction Score
Other schools don't have a problem. And with free frosh tickets, it undermines paying upperclassmen. That can be addressed later. Getting students to the game is priority number 1 after winning games.

It will only undermine paying upperclassmen for 3 more years. ;) I love it. Get em hooked for free (tickets and rides) and build that "gotta be there" mentality. These moves are just phenomenal. My guess is next year there will be more. Benedict gets an A+.

Reaction Score
All good moves by Benedict, next should be not just rewarding those in their seats for kickoff, but those who stay till the end too

Reaction Score
The fans that arrive early are not the ones that get into the stadium late. It is the "fans" that arrive late,every game, and are still grilling when I walk into the stadium. They are usually parked in the handicap pkg behind the video screen. I give them dirty looks and they can't help but notice people walking by them.

It's usually the same group every game.no sense of urgency, really bugs me.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
From Huskies In Top Shape To Take On Heat And Have Great Practice (emphasis mine):

Among the changes Benedict announced were:

• New and reduced concession prices for bottled water ($3 per bottle) and hot dogs ($3 each)
For Blue Lot ticket holders, the ability to park anywhere in the Blue Lot during the first hour of tailgating (five hours before the game).
• Free bus transportation to game for UConn student - in the past there had been a charge • Free tickets to the Maine game for all incoming freshmen.
• A new student tailgate lot for those students that drive.

Reaction Score
From Huskies In Top Shape To Take On Heat And Have Great Practice (emphasis mine):

Among the changes Benedict announced were:

• New and reduced concession prices for bottled water ($3 per bottle) and hot dogs ($3 each)
For Blue Lot ticket holders, the ability to park anywhere in the Blue Lot during the first hour of tailgating (five hours before the game).
• Free bus transportation to game for UConn student - in the past there had been a charge • Free tickets to the Maine game for all incoming freshmen.
• A new student tailgate lot for those students that drive.

Free tickets to Maine game, not free season tickets for frosh. Oh well...sounded good.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think the only thing missing is tailgate food provided for students

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd love to see the "Dog Pound" padding put back on the student section. Pounding on that makes a heck of a lot more noise than shaking keys, so ridiculous.

I'd like to see it go full English soccer with flags, scarves, and just a civilized touch of hooliganism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom