2016 Schedule | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
8-4 book it. I'll tell you why at a later date.

Reaction Score
From AAC Fever:

http://aacfever.com/uconn-huskies/uconns-2016-schedule-sets-up-for-another-bowl-game.html

"Looking at how UConn’s schedule is set up in 2016, it gives the program a chance to make it back-to-back bowl games for the first time since 2009-10.

The Huskies will likely open with a win over FCS Maine, since it is in Storrs. After taking on Maine, UConn will travel to Annapolis, Maryland, to take on Navy in the first AAC game of the season.

Looking at what each team brings back, it feels like the Huskies will be capable of beating the Midshipmen on the road. Although Navy was the one of the top teams in the AAC last season, the loss of all-world quarterback Keenan Reynolds will prove to be too much for them. And with UConn bringing back most of its offense and defense, it should walk out with a win over Navy.

After jumping into AAC play, the Huskies will jump back into nonconference play. In games three and four of the 2016 football year, UConn will be taking on the rebuilding programs, Virginia and Syracuse, at home.

The Cavaliers and Orange will have new coaches at the helm in 2016. Considering that head coach Bob Diaco will be in his third year in Storrs, it looks like the Huskies could start 4-0."

Lol...I love the claim that we only beat Maine "since it is in Storrs" errr E.Hartford

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lol...I love the claim that we only beat Maine "since it is in Storrs" errr E.Hartford
What about the inference that the result might be different if the game was in Maine?

Reaction Score
Honest question...Do y'all think the players know what the game with BC means to this fan base?

I mean they were probably 6 or 7 the last time we played them....curious if Coach Diaco will rummage through the media clips and build this game up the way it deserves

Reaction Score
Honest question...Do y'all think the players know what the game with BC means to this fan base?

I mean they were probably 6 or 7 the last time we played them....curious if Coach Diaco will rummage through the media clips and build this game up the way it deserves
I'll bet you Diaco does...remember he interviewed for the BC job when Addazio got it so I'm sure he knows if the history. And there is no way he did't notice Pasqualoni getting hired up at BC as a DL coach. I can see him using a lot of things to play up the "chip on your shoulder" angle for this game.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'll bet you Diaco does...remember he interviewed for the BC job when Addazio got it so I'm sure he knows if the history. And there is no way he did't notice Pasqualoni getting hired up at BC as a DL coach. I can see him using a lot of things to play up the "chip on your shoulder" angle for this game.
This is another reason why BC is inept. They selected a raving mad-man with no vision and a "lead by bullying" philosophy over a program-building football savant with a broad vocabulary and cool hair-do. We are going 9-3 this year and will play in a New Years bowl within 5 years. Set your watch and warrant on it.

Reaction Score
This is another reason why BC is inept. They selected a raving mad-man with no vision and a "lead by bullying" philosophy over a program-building football savant with a broad vocabulary and cool hair-do. We are going 9-3 this year and will play in a New Years bowl within 5 years. Set your watch and warrant on it.
I refer to their head coach as "Coach Smoke & Mirrors". The payment is due soon...and like any Ponzi scheme master there is nothing to make it.

Reaction Score
There is no reason to believe that BC will not put a very good D on the field next season - even with Brown departed. That alone will make it a very tough game for us. That said, if they struggle like they did last season, it's not inconceivable that Adazzio loses the team and we come in and nail the coffin shut. Just the thought of that makes my very warm and happy.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

I know there is no such thing as 'the one game I'd take for 1-11', but if there was this would be it.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Dave Benedict announced game times for UVa and Cincy tonight at the Greenwich alumni event:
UVa 1:30 pm kickoff
Cincy 11:30 am kickoff

...which means both are destined for CBSSN, unless something changes for next year. Interesting this far out.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Dave Benedict announced game times for UVa and Cincy tonight at the Greenwich alumni event:
UVa 1:30 pm kickoff
Cincy 11:30 am kickoff[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong on this but I think USF @ FSU last year kicked off at 11:30 on ESPN2. Could it be possible this is an ESPN2 game for us this season?

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure there's a hockey game that same day at the XL Center against Alabama-Huntsville. Could be another reason for an early start, besides TV.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Is there a kickoff for the BC game yet?

Will most likely be determined on either a 6 or 12 day window but seeing as it is in mid November I can't see it being later than a 3:30 ET kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom