2016 Schedule | The Boneyard

2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Really would prefer to not have a bye in week 2. Would rather save that for October/early Nov

9/3- Maine
9/17- Virginia
9/24- Syracuse
11/19- @ Boston College

Conference Games- Date Not Yet Announced:

Home: UCF/Temple/Cincinnati/Tulane
Away: ECU/Houston/Navy/USF

Pretty good schedule in all honesty. Really think USF will be tough on the road next year. While we definitely had a hard schedule this year, I believe next year will be even more challenging. I'm interested to see how Scott Frost does at UCF- hopefully we get them earlier rather than later. Tulane's hire will be interesting also, they've been rumored to be looking at Kendall Briles. None of these besides Maine are true "gimmes" though. Should be a fun ride and I will definitely be buying season tix.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Was about to post the same thing about UCF - would rather play them early than late, even if we sacrifice a north/south weather advantage. I have no idea what kind of recruits Frost can get in UCF but I'm going to guess that they'll be fairly good...it will just take some time to implement his offense. Much like Montgomery at Tulsa, who came on late.

It's a very good home schedule. That, coupled with elevated expectations, should mean an uptick in season ticket sales. I really hope the school and fanbase respond accordingly.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Crazy that we will likely be facing 6 teams with new coaches (including Temple in that count) next season. Need to take advantage early.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Really would prefer to not have a bye in week 2. Would rather save that for October/early Nov

9/3- Maine
9/17- Virginia
9/24- Syracuse
11/19- @ Boston College

Conference Games- Date Not Yet Announced:

Home: UCF/Temple/Cincinnati/Tulane
Away: ECU/Houston/Navy/USF

Pretty good schedule in all honesty. Really think USF will be tough on the road next year. While we definitely had a hard schedule this year, I believe next year will be even more challenging. I'm interested to see how Scott Frost does at UCF- hopefully we get them earlier rather than later. Tulane's hire will be interesting also, they've been rumored to be looking at Kendall Briles. None of these besides Maine are true "gimmes" though. Should be a fun ride and I will definitely be buying season tix.

Let's try a way-too-early W/L breakdown. I agree with you, Drew--this upcoming year is a tough schedule. This year we were able to lean on a couple OOC gimmies in Nova and Army, but I'd like to think we can manage a 3-1 record in OOC, right? Maine is a gimmie, UVA at home should be a W, and I'll give us either Cuse or BC.

UCF at home should be another win. Good HC hire, but they have some rebuilding ahead after an 0-12 season. Temple is primed to be at the top of the AAC again next year with PJ Walker, Jahad Thomas and Ventell Bryant all returning on offense. We'll give them a better fight next year, but they're still ahead of us--L. On to Cincinnati; we get one WTF win every year, and maybe this time it's Cincy. Going by the gambler's fallacy here, but the dice just have to roll on our favor at some point against these guys, right? I'll take UConn at home. Tulane (barring a monsoon) shouldn't be as close this time around--UConn W. ECU on the road is a tough matchup but we'll call it a win. Houston gets back Greg Ward and won't let us beat them after we interrupted their undefeated season--UConn L. Navy loses Keenan Reynolds, but UConn is known to struggle against the triple option. Diaco's boys get it done on the road--UConn W. Finally, USF. Always a close game and UConn's going to be looking for revenge. Will Mack be too much to handle? This one's a toss up, but I'll take the Bulls at home.

Final record: 8-4

Could see 9 wins tops, but anything beyond that looks to be a stretch. Anything less than 7 is unacceptable. Go Huskies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
How do we have Tulane 3 years and a row a not have Tulsa yet? Doesn't sound right. I thought the rotation out of conference was 2 years on and 2 years off...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
How do we have Tulane 3 years and a row a not have Tulsa yet? Doesn't sound right. I thought the rotation out of conference was 2 years on and 2 years off...

That's how it's supposed to be. I follow UConn games against SMU because I'm in Dallas. Those are set up:

2013 ... UConn at SMU
2014 ... SMU at UConn
2015 ... no game
2016 ... no game
2017 ... UConn at SMU
2018 ... SMU at UConn

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They re-set the clock on the opposite division opponents when Navy joined this year.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I think that realigning the conference into divisions screwed things up scheduling wise

Reaction Score
Having 7 home games and a BCU away game gives 8 games to attend next year. Hopefully a bowl game to make it 9. (If there isn't a bowl game God help the world in which we yarders live. :eek: )

Reaction Score
That's a game we've already targeted to go to (assuming the date cooperates).
It is a possibility that the Navy game is scheduled for Sept 10th. Navy has an open date that day and all the other AAC teams we play away already have other games scheduled for Sept 10th. I think it would be perfect if we could play Navy Sept 10th. Definitely a road trip for our group ( 30 or so). I actually emailed WM a month or so ago, to see if he could make this happen.

Lets have the whole Boneyard contact him. Not sure how much input he has in AAC schedule, but it can't hurt to send him as many emails as possible.

Reaction Score
Having 3 P5 and 0 G5 OOC opponents is a big step, even if they are the dregs of the ACC. This is vastly preferable to Buffalo/Western Michigan.

They're basically a no-lose scenario: if we beat Cuse and BC, the talk is "remind me again why UConn was passed up?". If we lose, not a big deal.

Against plucky G5 opponents, the narrative if we win is "so what", while the narrative if we lose is "see, UConn is right where they belong".

This goes for bowl games as well.

The AAC schedule is what it is.

Reaction Score
Having 3 P5 and 0 G5 OOC opponents is a big step, even if they are the dregs of the ACC. This is vastly preferable to Buffalo/Western Michigan.

They're basically a no-lose scenario: if we beat Cuse and BC, the talk is "remind me again why UConn was passed up?". If we lose, not a big deal.

Against plucky G5 opponents, the narrative if we win is "so what", while the narrative if we lose is "see, UConn is right where they belong".

Is what it is? And what would that be? Challenging? Not enough for you?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Having 7 home games and a BCU away game gives 8 games to attend next year. Hopefully a bowl game to make it 9. (If there isn't a bowl game God help the world in which we yarders live. :eek: )

I'd love to see half the BCU stadium in blue.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I understand what you're saying about possibly losing to Syracuse and BCU, but if I was told we could win only two games next year, those would be the games I'd select.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
has anyone traveled to ECU?
I enjoyed it quite a bit last year, but I've got a few good friends that way (some ECU grads) so that helps. Good stadium atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Temple is primed to be at the top of the AAC again next year with PJ Walker, Jahad Thomas and Ventell Bryant all returning on offense. We'll give them a better fight next year, but they're still ahead of us

We'll beat Temple next year. Our coaches will have learned from the recent debacle and our talent will prevail at home.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
We'll beat Temple next year. Our coaches will have learned from the recent debacle and our talent will prevail at home.

Temple also loses 11 senior starters. So there is that. We should be better and they should be worse.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Temple also loses 11 senior starters. So there is that. We should be better and they should be worse.

They do lose a lot and I think their defense may take a step back, but their offense should be better than this year. It'll be a close game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We have our fits with Temple. If Cincinnati is our bugaboo team, then Temple is our mini bugaboo team. It just seems like they always play harder than we do each and every time we play.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
We have our fits with Temple. If Cincinnati is our bugaboo team, then Temple is our mini bugaboo team. It just seems like they always play harder than we do each and every time we play.

I think they're 11-5 versus us all time. Pretty bad considering Temple's level of success historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom