2016 Schedule | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2016 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We usually open up on a Thursday night if it's an FCS school scheduled.

Opening on Thu before the holiday weekend is much better than opening on Fri night when traffic is a bee-och everywhere.

Reaction Score
Also, Temple's not exactly challenging themselves in the OOC...Army, Stony Brook and Charlotte are pretty much guaranteed wins

Temple, the new Rutgers. That schedule should help them secure the on campus stadium they're making noises about

Reaction Score
Are you friggin kidding me!!!!
Asked for Sept 10 @Navy... got Sept 10 @Navy
Asked for a Thursday night game @Houston coinciding with Austin City Limits music festival dates... got Thursday night game @Houston coinciding with Austin City Limits music fest
I should have asked for the BYE week to be a little earlier in the year though, like between week 7 and 8... that's my bad everyone (although not bad timing that it's the week prior to BC).

I'm probably going to make the Navy, Houston, and BC away games (fingers crossed I can swing the Houston game and hit ACL too).
Bye week falls on my wedding. Thanks for doing me a solid.

Reaction Score
Interesting to note we will again open up on a Thursday. Also the @ Houston game is a Thursday and the Temple at home game is a Friday
? Sept 3(Maine) is a Saturday. The AAC website shows UConn/Navy on the 10th.

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2016/02/early-tests-highlight-uconns-aac.html

Here is the schedule with times and most of the TV information to be announced at a later date:

SEPTEMBER
Thur., 1 MAINE
Sat., 10 at Navy (CBS Sports Network)
Sat., 17 VIRGINIA
Sat., 24 SYRACUSE
Thur., 29 at Houston (ESPN)

OCTOBER
Sat., 8 CINCINNATI
Sat., 15 at USF
Sat., 22 UCF
Sat., 29 at East Carolina

NOVEMBER
Fri., 4 TEMPLE (ESPN2)
Sat., 19 at Boston College
Sat., 26 TULANE

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2016/02/early-tests-highlight-uconns-aac.html

Here is the schedule with times and most of the TV information to be announced at a later date:

SEPTEMBER
Thur., 1 MAINE
Sat., 10 at Navy (CBS Sports Network)
Sat., 17 VIRGINIA
Sat., 24 SYRACUSE
Thur., 29 at Houston (ESPN)

OCTOBER
Sat., 8 CINCINNATI
Sat., 15 at USF
Sat., 22 UCF
Sat., 29 at East Carolina

NOVEMBER
Fri., 4 TEMPLE (ESPN2)
Sat., 19 at Boston College
Sat., 26 TULANE
Navy on 9/10 - fist pump.

Reaction Score
Let's get the predictions rolling :)

Maine-W
Navy-W (not sure how many guys they have returning--anyone know if Navy is expected to be any good next year?) I looked at their team mid season and even though I would never take a military program lightly they are going to be decimated by graduation for next year. If I had to guess it was probably somewhere around 60-70% of their starters were seniors this past year. Plus they lose the most important piece to their puzzle in Reynolds.

UVA-L (They're coming off a tough road game at Oregon and I think we have an opportunity to steal one, but they're the better football team)
Cuse-W (A toss up, but I'll give us the edge with Cuse still trying to implement a new system)
UH-L (They're going to circle us on the calendar after last year...too much talent for us to win on the road)
Cincy-L (the annual Cincy L)
USF-W (close one--two good, young AAC teams going head to head)
UCF-W (come on...they were 0-12)
ECU-W (new coach, not a very good team)
Temple-W (We'll have our starting QB this year hopefully and they lost lots of pieces on D...returning J. Thomas and PJ Walker on O, but I think we win a defensive battle)
BC-W (BC could be dealing with another losing season and possible mutiny...UConn coming off the bye with time to rest and prepare)
Tulane-W (they suck, and we're at home)

Totals: 9-3

Looking at the schedule as a whole, winning our last six seems completely unrealistic, but 9 wins isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. 8 should really be the goal, and anything less a little disappointing. There's no way we don't hit 6 unless we get some major injuries. Go Huskies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Of course I want us to go undefeated, but it's not a cakewalk schedule... I want 7 wins and to be able to say we improved since last year. Very leery that predicting more than 7 will set me up for disappointment.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd be happy to help if that happens (it won't) with my 02___ zip.

I'm an 02_ zipcode too. About 15 minutes from Gillette. Looking forward to it. On the whole, I think this schedule is easier than 2015. I think all three ACC games are winable, plus Maine of course.

Reaction Score
? Sept 3(Maine) is a Saturday. The AAC website shows UConn/Navy on the 10th.
I guess it is the 1st not the 3rd for the Maine game. Looked at the announcement the AAC had. Geez they really need to weed out the bad apple that released the wrong schedule. Something that simple yet important should be proof read a couple times before release...uggghhh:(

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Navy is 68-37 under Niumatalolo, with only one losing season which was a 5-7 year. Navy just seems to be a good squad each year, I assume they will be a competitive team, but not an AAC title contender due to the loss of Keenan Reynolds.
Not only do they lose Reynolds, they lost 9 other starters on offense. The defense also lost people so I expect them to take a step back and not get into synch for a few weeks. We are catching them at the right time!!

Reaction Score
The timing of the Navy game is good for the team. Sucks for me, as I wanted to make that trip but have a bar convention that weekend.
Our crew will be at a bar convention also but unlike yours they will have the game on! ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Based solely on the dates of the games from the point of view of a season ticket holder, this is a great schedule. Nice spacing, only one late Nov. game.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
We'll know what kind of team we have by October. Overall, I like the schedule a lot. No complaints here.

Side note: I really like the way ECU schedules OOC.
they really do have some great ooc games

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I love the home slate, but I'm not crazy about two things.

1. Virginia game on Sept. 17th. My wedding anniversary is the 18th and if we go away, it might very well be the first game I miss in 5 years. Interestingly, if I do miss it, I will have missed two straight games vs. Virginia at Rentschler (had a death in the family in '08. Watched the game on ESPNU - IIRC - from Albany).

2. At Houston on a short week. Syracuse becomes a trap game.

Reaction Score

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
From AAC Fever:

http://aacfever.com/uconn-huskies/uconns-2016-schedule-sets-up-for-another-bowl-game.html

"Looking at how UConn’s schedule is set up in 2016, it gives the program a chance to make it back-to-back bowl games for the first time since 2009-10.

The Huskies will likely open with a win over FCS Maine, since it is in Storrs. After taking on Maine, UConn will travel to Annapolis, Maryland, to take on Navy in the first AAC game of the season.

Looking at what each team brings back, it feels like the Huskies will be capable of beating the Midshipmen on the road. Although Navy was the one of the top teams in the AAC last season, the loss of all-world quarterback Keenan Reynolds will prove to be too much for them. And with UConn bringing back most of its offense and defense, it should walk out with a win over Navy.

After jumping into AAC play, the Huskies will jump back into nonconference play. In games three and four of the 2016 football year, UConn will be taking on the rebuilding programs, Virginia and Syracuse, at home.

The Cavaliers and Orange will have new coaches at the helm in 2016. Considering that head coach Bob Diaco will be in his third year in Storrs, it looks like the Huskies could start 4-0."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
From AAC Fever:

http://aacfever.com/uconn-huskies/uconns-2016-schedule-sets-up-for-another-bowl-game.html

"Looking at how UConn’s schedule is set up in 2016, it gives the program a chance to make it back-to-back bowl games for the first time since 2009-10.

The Huskies will likely open with a win over FCS Maine, since it is in Storrs. After taking on Maine, UConn will travel to Annapolis, Maryland, to take on Navy in the first AAC game of the season.

Looking at what each team brings back, it feels like the Huskies will be capable of beating the Midshipmen on the road. Although Navy was the one of the top teams in the AAC last season, the loss of all-world quarterback Keenan Reynolds will prove to be too much for them. And with UConn bringing back most of its offense and defense, it should walk out with a win over Navy.

After jumping into AAC play, the Huskies will jump back into nonconference play. In games three and four of the 2016 football year, UConn will be taking on the rebuilding programs, Virginia and Syracuse, at home.

The Cavaliers and Orange will have new coaches at the helm in 2016. Considering that head coach Bob Diaco will be in his third year in Storrs, it looks like the Huskies could start 4-0."
AACFever? ha!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
GKroegs 5:08pm via Twitter Web Client
I take a look at the @UConnHuskies2016 football schedule for @AAC_Fever check it ou

>>So after dissecting and looking at the schedule, the Huskies should finish with a record between 7-5 to 9-3 with this schedule. If they do, it will be the first time since the Randy Edsall era that UConn has gone to back-to-back bowl games.<<

I didn't see this was already in here before I created the new thread. Merged it into here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom