2016 Husky Draft Competition. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 Husky Draft Competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are looking at it from the accolades earned angle in which KEA's title obviously trump's HT's final four, but I think that's the wrong way to compare the two. KEA vs Thabeet is the definition of apples vs oranges but if you look at the two players in isolated scenarios I'd say Thabeet certainly had a bigger impact for his respective team than El-Amin did.
It's a silly comparison, but El-Amin had much more of an impact as a Husky than Thabeet did.

Reaction Score
You are looking at it from the accolades earned angle in which KEA's title obviously trump's HT's final four, but I think that's the wrong way to compare the two. KEA vs Thabeet is the definition of apples vs oranges but if you look at the two players in isolated scenarios I'd say Thabeet certainly had a bigger impact for his respective team than El-Amin did.
I think it can be easily argued that Khalid is the most impactful player ever at UCONN. He was our greatest leader, and in some ways changed the entire mentality of the program from one that was trying to make a Final Four to one that expected to win a National Championship. I doubt there will ever be another player that will take control of the team on his recruiting visit. Guy is a complete legend.

Reaction Score
When did I ever say Thabeet wasn't a good player for us? All I said was KEA was better and he most definitely was.
You said there is no comparison between KEA and Thabeet. And Thabeet was a great, not good, collegiate player.

Reaction Score
I think it can be easily argued that Khalid is the most impactful player ever at UCONN. He was our greatest leader, and in some ways changed the entire mentality of the program from one that was trying to make a Final Four to one that expected to win a National Championship. I doubt there will ever be another player that will take control of the team on his recruiting visit. Guy is a complete legend.

Wow this is the first post you've had that I actually agree with. Crazy...

Reaction Score
Wow this is the first post you've had that I actually agree with. Crazy...
"We are planning to shock the world today."

When I heard that right before the game, if I remember I screamed and said we are going to win this game.

One of the biggest upsets if not the biggest in NCAA championship history.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Are we going off of purely UConn statistics and career accolades?

Reaction Score
Were you even of age to appreciate Khalid's game? Not being a dick I just remember you being young.

Yeah you're right. I was 5 in 99. I was at the final four that year. I've bled blue since I was born. I'm only 22 now and been to 4 final fours (all but Detroit).

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
It0uzJI.png

Reaction Score
Sorry, I had a little misunderstanding. I'll take MARCUS WILLIAMS.

Reaction Score
Hash is one of, if not the most under-appreciated players in UConn history. People are undoubtedly influenced by his NBA career - he's a punchline in most circles, but it's hard to overstate how physically imposing he was as a college player. The perception of Thabeet would be diametrically different had he developed into an all-star at the next level - he'd be a first rounder in this exercise, and the final four loss would have been chalked up to a bad match-up in a hostile venue.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hash is one of, if not the most under-appreciated players in UConn history. People are undoubtedly influenced by his NBA career - he's a punchline in most circles, but it's hard to overstate how physically imposing he was as a college player. The perception of Thabeet would be diametrically different had he developed into an all-star at the next level - he'd be a first rounder in this exercise, and the final four loss would have been chalked up to a bad match-up in a hostile venue.
Yup. In this draft he should go no lower than 5th to be perfectly honest because the college game can still be dominated by big men in a way that the NBA really can't. If you can get elite rim protection, rebounding, 13ppg and 65% or better from the line at the 5, you take it.

I'm still mad at @Minicoop69 for denying me the chance to argue on behalf of a Donyell/Hasheem front court, btw (though I totally get his reasoning for going in a different direction).

Reaction Score
Really like how my team is shaping up. I have the traditional UConn dual PG attack. Marcus Williams is the best distributor we've ever had. Boat is the ultimate side kick who is also a lock down defender. All Ray Allen, well, is Ray Allen. Best player to ever play at UConn if you ask me.

Reaction Score
Really like how my team is shaping up. I have the traditional UConn dual PG attack. Marcus Williams is the best distributor we've ever had. Boat is the ultimate side kick who is also a lock down defender. All Ray Allen, well, is Ray Allen. Best player to ever play at UConn if you ask me.
Yes Ray Allen is the best player to put on a Uconn jersey, but I believe you might of took Marcus Williams a little early, never like his defense or attitude.

Reaction Score
Yes Ray Allen is the best player to put on a Uconn jersey, but I believe you might of took Marcus Williams a little early, never like his defense or attitude.

I was never a fan of his defense or attitude either. But that's why I took Boat. He has a great attitude and is a nasty defender. I still think Williams is a top 6-7 PG though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom