Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Capture77777.PNG

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Minicoop has a chance to end up with the two biggest steals of the draft...

Reaction Score
Minicoop has a chance to end up with the two biggest steals of the draft...
I know who I'd go for if I was him. I won't say it until after he picks.

Reaction Score
Not I. There are a half-dozen more quality PGs left to take.

True, there are other quality pgs available. I still like the Khalid pick there though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
So I am approaching this as being a draft of the best UConn players during their time at UConn, meaning their NBA careers aren't relevant and we are forming the best possible team using UConn players at their respective peaks prior to graduation/entering the draft. As such my next pick to go alongside Kemba will be:

Hasheem Thabeet

This may be a controversial pick as there are more popular players available but in his junior year HT was one of the most dominant defensive players in college basketball history. He played a year with Kemba so I assume there's some imaginary chemistry in place already, and sets up my squad for a great defensive anchor. Kemba lobs to Thabeet could be near unstoppable at the college level.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So I am approaching this as being a draft of the best UConn players during their time at UConn...
Which is what you should be doing.

my next pick to go alongside Kemba will be:
Hasheem Thabeet

That's the correct pick. If minicoop had picked Hasheem, nobody's scoring against that team inside of 15 feet. And he could have gone with a version of the 4-out offense to really spread the floor.

Reaction Score
Which is what you should be doing.

Hasheem Thabeet

That's the correct pick. If minicoop had picked Hasheem, nobody's scoring against that team inside of 15 feet. And he could have gone with a version of the 4-out offense to really spread the floor.

I agree with you Matrim, but I did that same thing last time and waited to take a guard, but ended up not getting a quality one by the time it came back to me. If i waited another 13 picks or so, I am not sure I would get a guard to the likes of Khalid. And again without a quality guard, they can't feed the post.

Reaction Score
I agree with you Matrim, but I did that same thing last time and waited to take a guard, but ended up not getting a quality one by the time it came back to me. If i waited another 13 picks or so, I am not sure I would get a guard to the likes of Khalid. And again without a quality guard, they can't feed the post.

I think you made a good choice. When you compare what KEA gave us and what Thabeet gave us, there's no comparison. KEA was one of the best to ever to put on a jersey for the huskies.

Reaction Score
When you compare what KEA gave us and what Thabeet gave us, there's no comparison.
That's no way to talk about a 2-time NDPOY who anchored our only elite team since 2006. By the way, Thabeet takes a massive dump on KEA when it comes to win shares.

Reaction Score
That's no way to talk about a 2-time NDPOY who anchored our only elite team since 2006. By the way, Thabeet takes a massive dump on KEA when it comes to win shares.

When did I ever say Thabeet wasn't a good player for us? All I said was KEA was better and he most definitely was.

Reaction Score
When did I ever say Thabeet wasn't a good player for us? All I said was KEA was better and he most definitely was.
KEA was better, let's not kid ourselves. A champion, true warrior. Plus has the greatest quote a husky player has ever given the public and his fans.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You are looking at it from the accolades earned angle in which KEA's title obviously trump's HT's final four, but I think that's the wrong way to compare the two. KEA vs Thabeet is the definition of apples vs oranges but if you look at the two players in isolated scenarios I'd say Thabeet certainly had a bigger impact for his respective team than El-Amin did.

Reaction Score
You are looking at it from the accolades earned angle in which KEA's title obviously trump's HT's final four, but I think that's the wrong way to compare the two. KEA vs Thabeet is the definition of apples vs oranges but if you look at the two players in isolated scenarios I'd say Thabeet certainly had a bigger impact for his respective team than El-Amin did.

Agree to disagree. Khalid was just a beast. He was everything a UConn player should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom