2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Buddy Hield (Olk)....26.2 pts per, 5.9 rebs per, .528 FG%, .524 3P% and .905 FT%.

Plus a great leader on the court. When is the last time a player on a Top 10 caliber team (in this case #1) put up #'s like this? Will Hield lead Oklahoma to a National Championship with a very very limited bench? If Hield does lead this Sooner team to the National Championship it may go down as 1 of the best seasons by an individual player in many many years.

Several years ago (probably 3) there was a post with a link that broke down each team in NCAA D1 basketball based on level of experience (I forgot who posted it but I thought it started with a W...lol). Basically it ranked each team using the # of Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshman each team had. I tried to do a search on this forum to locate the post in the archives. I could not find it with the search terms I was using. If anyone can find that link and post it in this thread it would be appreciated. Maybe some other nutcase like myself that is tryimg to track these types of things (looking at the national picture). Maybe it is lost in the board data....but if anyone can mine it...a big thanks. If not I will keep trying.
he's a great player... really fun to watch, almost like kemba and bazz

Reaction Score
Wow, I wasn't aware he was at 50/50/90. Has anyone college or pro done that before? Korver was close to last year, but finished the season at 49/49/90. Really impressive.

I wasn't either until checking his stats this morning.

Reaction Score
he's a great player... really fun to watch, almost like kemba and bazz

It will be very interesting to see if Oklahoma survives that game in the tournament where they get in foul trouble (especial Buddy). I think Cousins/Woodard can provide that bridge but even if one of those 2 get in foul trouble I can see the upset. Then again Buddy is such a good leader they could persevere.

Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before that selfish poor character malcontent kid Rasheed Suliamon ruins his second chance opportunity at Maryland. How could anyone come to the conclusion this guy is having fun being unselfish and winning? He probably will get into serious trouble in 20 minutes.

;)

Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before that selfish poor character malcontent kid Rasheed Suliamon ruins his second chance opportunity at Maryland. How could anyone come to the conclusion this guy is having fun being unselfish and winning? He probably will get into serious trouble in 20 minutes.

;)

There's NO way this little experiment at Maryland will work out. I mean, come on. Does the only player ever dismissed by Coach K even deserve to play basketball again?

Reaction Score
Louisville about to upset North Carolina at Louisville and does 71-65. Texas at #15 Baylor to tip up next. SMU leading Houston by 5 at the half in the only AAC game on the slate.

Reaction Score
Was surprise to hear that UNC has lost 10 of its last 11 games against ranked teams on the road.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Houston up 5 under 3 to play vs Smu.

Reaction Score
Houston could be a tournament team if they didn't have those terrible losses to Grand Canyon and South Florida.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
SMU just got shafted on the last 2 "foul" calls. What a joke

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Make that the last 3 calls

Reaction Score
Liked the charge call on Kennedy there. Hilarious. Regardless this cannot hurt out rpi in the short term. I wonder with 2 of the last 3 lost how Larry will keep them motivated long enough for us to beat them and get a decent rpi scalp

Reaction Score
Houston could be a tournament team if they didn't have those terrible losses to Grand Canyon and South Florida.

Grand Canyon is not a bad team, they aren't great but they aren't bad (105 kenpom.com). They have a win over san Diego at along with houston and only had 2 losses (louisville and omaha) until their last game

#99 espn bpi
#114 sagarin
#107 rpi

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grand Canyon is not a bad team, they aren't great but they aren't bad (105 kenpom.com). They have a win over san Diego at along with houston and only had 2 losses (louisville and omaha) until their last game

They're not Rutgers or BC bad, but IMO, if you're grading tournament resumes, anything below 100 is a bad loss, especially at home.

Reaction Score
I'll take this argument about Houston as a positive for the conference's long term health. This conversation would have been inconceivable last year. That's a good win for that program. Looked pretty packed on tv. Time for us to survive and advance until the dance. Then survive and advance another 6

Reaction Score
Baylor vs Texas a real battle. Very physical. Baylor is scary strong. Texas by 1 with 11:45 left and Baylor shooting a free throw on an and 1. Refs are really letting these guys bash each other. Gathers on Baylor blatantly smashed a Texas player in the back in the paint with his arm and shoulder and got called for a foul but it sure looked like it should have been a technical to me.

Reaction Score
Baylor also plays a very interesting zone defense. I guess it is a 1-3-1 but guys seem to pull out of it into man once in a while. It is very aggressive. Texas has been beating it occasionally by sneaking the ball down into the baseline.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize that. In that case, the South Florida loss really stings.

It really hurts them. We're probably a 3-bid league at this point if they don't drop that game. We can only hope Houston ends up in the RPI 100. It wouldn't be crazy if they went 6-2 or 5-3 through their final 8 games and depending on where the W/Ls fall they should be RPI top 150 and could end up in the RPI top 100. Kenpom currently has them at 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom