2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
This Maryland/Mich. St game is gross.
MSU saw those Baylor highlighter uniforms from a few years ago and thought "yes, we need THOSE".

Reaction Score
Watching the Mich St. vs Maryland game now and I have to say I really like Izzo. He really is a great coach and not a like a lot of the other major program coaches that we (I) don't particularly like. Just my 2 cents.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The refs in this MD/MSU game are really awful. Bilas has called them out numerous times.

caw

Reaction Score
Craziness continues this past week.

Top 25 teams to lose to unranked opponents:
#3 Kansas
#5 Xavier
#6 WVU
#8 SMU
#11 MSU
#12 Arizona
#18 Butler
#20 Duke
#21 USC
#21 USC
#24 South Carolina

Top 25 vs Top 25 losses:
#1 OU to #19 ISU
#4 Nova to #16 PC (OT)
#7 Maryland to #11 MSU
#13 Baylor to #1 OU
#18 Butler to #16 PC
#22 Purdue to #9 Iowa

21 USC and 18 Butler had the worst weeks, both going 0-2 and losing to at least one unranked opponent. Both should drop out. South Carolina lost and should drop out, considering they were 24. 22 Purdue lost but I would leave them in at 24 or 25. 20 Duke may stay in, but shouldn't after losing to Cuse and beating a bad NCST.

EDIT: Cuse is at UVA today

caw

Reaction Score
In the others receiving votes column:

Pitt (184 votes) lost to NCST and beat FSU
Clemson (53 votes) lost to UVA

Less than 50 votes:
Wichita St beat Indiana State, UNI and Bradley
Valparaiso beat N. Kentucky and Youngstown State but lost to Wright State
ND beat VTech and BC
Dayton beat St Bonnie's and Fordham

The remaining teams received fewer than 9 votes. IU was #25 with 210.

caw

Reaction Score
With 2-4 dropping out and the two highest others losing this past week, there may be room for UConn to get back in to the top 25.

Reaction Score
Georgetown looking like they are gonna take an L at home to Creighton, they're getting a tough whistle on some loose ball calls

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Georgetown looking like they are gonna take an L at home to Creighton, they're getting a tough whistle on some loose ball calls
Might be the worst officiated game I've seen all season. And that's saying something. Govan's 5th was criminal.

That said, Georgetown is a really awful team on the offensive side. Clanking wide open jumpers all over the place.

Reaction Score
Might be the worst officiated game I've seen all season. And that's saying something. Govan's 5th was criminal.

That said, Georgetown is a really awful team on the offensive side. Clanking wide open jumpers all over the place.
Yea, the folks on the board who were saying UConn was lucky that GT missed open shots Saturday might want to tune into this one and see that its not out of character for them. Really hard to understand how GT is this mediocre after bringing back most of their tourney team from last year including their best player.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Also as a BU alum, it breaks my heart to see Maurice Watson Jr. in a Creighton jersey. Kid was an absolute stud his 2 years as a Terrier, and he looks to be even better for Creighton. Can't help but root for him.

Reaction Score
Georgetown with just a ridiculously stupid foul to give Creighton free points while they are in the midst of handing the game back to Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Good job Georgetown, that is a hell of a chokejob by Creighton.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Georgetown somehow won that game. Wow Creighton, epic choke job.

Reaction Score
Holy cow is this Providence crowd loud, Dunn just had a crazy sequence and the building sounded like it was gonna explode.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
So Xavier at PC is the first ever matchup of top 10 teams at the Dunk? Man, that's totally on PC cause the old BE was consistently full of top 10 teams every year.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Wow, just noticed that Providence is #38 in the KenPom and #39 in the Sagarin yet are in the top 10 of the polls.

caw

Reaction Score
Georgetown somehow won that game. Wow Creighton, epic choke job.

Outdone by Wake Forest, I think. Wake up 7 with less than 30 seconds to play against UVA and loses

Reaction Score
Wow, just noticed that Providence is #38 in the KenPom and #39 in the Sagarin yet are in the top 10 of the polls.
They were in the 50s prior to the Nova win. Prior to the Nova win they had 1 Top 50 win and were 1-3 against the Top 50, their ranking is very misleading. Lunardi has them as a 5 seed which is more indicative of their actual resume.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oh, Rutgers.

Thats honestly hilarious. Usually clips like this are embarrassing but not THAT bad in reality. This is just plain awful, 47 seconds left in the game, only down a few points, completely unaware of a 1-and-1. Thats just a sign of a lack of discipline and simply not giving a duck*

EDIT: and then I realized this flaming pile of dumpster trash was selected to arguably the best conference in sports while we rot away in the American and now I feel bad for us more than them.

Reaction Score
Buddy Hield (Olk)....26.2 pts per, 5.9 rebs per, .528 FG%, .524 3P% and .905 FT%.

Plus a great leader on the court. When is the last time a player on a Top 10 caliber team (in this case #1) put up #'s like this? Will Hield lead Oklahoma to a National Championship with a very very limited bench? If Hield does lead this Sooner team to the National Championship it may go down as 1 of the best seasons by an individual player in many many years.

Several years ago (probably 3) there was a post with a link that broke down each team in NCAA D1 basketball based on level of experience (I forgot who posted it but I thought it started with a W...lol). Basically it ranked each team using the # of Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshman each team had. I tried to do a search on this forum to locate the post in the archives. I could not find it with the search terms I was using. If anyone can find that link and post it in this thread it would be appreciated. Maybe some other nutcase like myself that is tryimg to track these types of things (looking at the national picture). Maybe it is lost in the board data....but if anyone can mine it...a big thanks. If not I will keep trying.

Reaction Score
Buddy Hield (Olk)....26.2 pts per, 5.9 rebs per, .528 FG%, .524 3P% and .905 FT%.

Plus a great leader on the court. When is the last time a player on a Top 10 caliber team (in this case #1) put up #'s like this? Will Hield lead Oklahoma to a National Championship with a very very limited bench? If Hield does lead this Sooner team to the National Championship it may go down as 1 of the best seasons by an individual player in many many years.

Several years ago (probably 3) there was a post with a link that broke down each team in NCAA D1 basketball based on level of experience (I forgot who posted it but I thought it started with a W...lol). Basically it ranked each team using the # of Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores and Freshman each team had. I tried to do a search on this forum to locate the post in the archives. I could not find it with the search terms I was using. If anyone can find that link and post it in this thread it would be appreciated. Maybe some other nutcase like myself that is tryimg to track these types of things (looking at the national picture). Maybe it is lost in the board data....but if anyone can mine it...a big thanks. If not I will keep trying.

Wow, I wasn't aware he was at 50/50/90. Has anyone college or pro done that before? Korver was close to last year, but finished the season at 49/49/90. Really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom