2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is UM getting Levert back this season? I know they have played well w/o him but I can't imagine this kind of asswhooping with him in the lineup tonight.

Word as of last week was that he was getting close and might return (at least to practice) this week. Not sure there's an exact timetable but I doubt he misses the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand down they go, LMAO

Victims of the greatest ever Big East (Jr.) Conference

Oh wait, no, sorry, a top 10 Old Big East team would never even come close to losing to DePaul.

They're an awfully tough team to figure out. They can look really good and really ordinary. This is hardly the first time they've played with fire against a bad team - Illinois took them to the wire at the Dunk and Rhode Island really should have beaten them, too. Not to mention, home losses to Marquette and Seton Hall aren't going to evoke much confidence.

Reaction Score
Indiana is very very good. Yogi was some recruit man , all four years productive . Deep tourney run for crean I'm guessing , and actually hoping for ferrel

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
They're an awfully tough team to figure out. They can look really good and really ordinary. This is hardly the first time they've played with fire against a bad team - Illinois took them to the wire at the Dunk and Rhode Island really should have beaten them, too. Not to mention, home losses to Marquette and Seton Hall aren't going to evoke much confidence.
Bentil was out in the 2nd half due getting his ankle rolled in the 1st. Friar fans will use that as their excuse.

caw

Reaction Score
Bentil was out in the 2nd half due getting his ankle rolled in the 1st. Friar fans will use that as their excuse.

They were down when he rolled his ankle I believe. Not a good showing for them but that can flip it around quickly by beating Nova again.

Reaction Score
Providence is 47th in KenPom and 40th in Sargain.

Their number 11 ranking is comical.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Providence is 47th in KenPom and 40th in Sargain.

Their number 11 ranking is comical.
Name brand conference (Not the real Big East, but it still says Big East on The Dunk floor) and a player of the year candidate. What I find interesting is that there was no preseason hype around Providence. Dunn was going to be good, but no one expected the season they're having which makes their ranking strange.

A team like Iowa State for example had a lot of preseason hype and is riding that hype to stay top 15-20 even with 6 losses. Rankings have been so fluid this season though, so it really means nothing at this point.

Reaction Score
Name brand conference (Not the real Big East, but it still says Big East on The Dunk floor) and a player of the year candidate. What I find interesting is that there was no preseason hype around Providence. Dunn was going to be good, but no one expected the season they're having which makes their ranking strange.

A team like Iowa State for example had a lot of preseason hype and is riding that hype to stay top 15-20 even with 6 losses. Rankings have been so fluid this season though, so it really means nothing at this point.
Yea I agree at the end of the day the ranking mean nothing.

I see why Iowa State is ranked where they are, playing in the best conference in the country, wins over OK, KU, and Iowa, 6 top 50 RPI wins, and outside of an early season loss to N. Iowa their worse loss is to the 13th team in the country.

Outside of the Nova win PC just has very very little on their resume.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
People always say rankings don't matter, but the truth is they are very sticky and the higher you start the higher you stay, and it matters a great deal on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
People always say rankings don't matter, but the truth is they are very sticky and the higher you start the higher you stay, and it matters a great deal on Selection Sunday.
How so? RPI and SOS are looked at, hence Murray State getting a 6 seed when they were ranked in the top 10 a few years ago.

What a team is ranked today means nothing in terms of what a team's seed or performance in the tournament will be. This is not football. The rankings are basically used so networks can hype games and fans can excited and have something to talk about.

Reaction Score
Rutgers just took Illinois to double OT at the RAC. Both of their fans are in attendance.

Reaction Score
Rutgers Illinois went to 3OT. They actually are holding off showing Maryland Nebraska to stay with the game for some reason.

Reaction Score
I don't care who the loses are to; if you split with OU, at least split with KU, and beat Cincinnati and Iowa, you well deserve a top 15-20 ranking.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Louisville was ranked #4 in 2005 and #4 in 2013. They received a 4 seed both years. Missouri was ranked EVERY week in the 2010-11 season and received an 11 seed.

Reaction Score
Maryland tied with Nebraska in the second half. About 8 minutes I think to go. Game is in Nebraska.

Reaction Score
Ohio St loses again. This time to Wisconsin. Vandy beat Texas A&M by 17 points! Tulsa and Temple just went to overtime.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The end of this Utah/Oregon St game. OMG. Turn on espn2 if you are reading this.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The end of this Utah/Oregon St game. OMG. Turn on espn2 if you are reading this.
Utah fouled Oregon St shooting a desperation heave from mid court down 1. Kid makes all 3, just when you think you've seen it all.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I had no idea that Kentucky lost to Tennessee. I turned it off bc they were up by a decent amount

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Michigan getting annihilated by Michigan State, down by 28 with 5 minutes left. In their own building. Ouch.

Providence down by 14 with 14 minutes left at the Dunk.

Reaction Score
NC State down by 5 at Duke with 4:29 to go. The stripes already trying to give the game to Duke. Just fouled out an NC State player after Duke player slipped on the floor and fell down.

Reaction Score
Hope the Mich win is still worth something a month from now, IU and Mich St are better teams but they got destroyed in both games on their own floor, they need Levert back asap.

Reaction Score
Wonder if Ben Bentil will get any looks for the All-American teams. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up on 3rd team or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom