2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just saying there's a very good chance if he picks a school in the NE it's going to be BC. It also helps his HC will be feeding him very good things about BC all the time.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm just saying there's a very good chance if he picks a school in the NE it's going to be BC. It also helps his HC will be feeding him very good things about BC all the time.

Plant's head coach, Robert Weiner, is a BC grad, but he briefly joined the USF staff as WR coach this winter before returning to Plant (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...ants-robert-weiner-to-join-usf-coaching-staff, http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...everse-weiner-turns-down-usf-staying-at-plant). Wonder what that was about.

Reaction Score
Plant's head coach, Robert Weiner, is a BC grad, but he briefly joined the USF staff as WR coach this winter before returning to Plant (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...ants-robert-weiner-to-join-usf-coaching-staff, http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...everse-weiner-turns-down-usf-staying-at-plant). Wonder what that was about.
Weird situation there I know USF fans were very happy about it then all of a sudden he changed his mind. I'm sure most that follow recruiting know Plant is one of the best schools in FL so USF landing Weiner would have been huge. Good for BC anyway that he stayed at Plant. There was a lot of movement with the Florida schools trying to take some of the HCs from top HS programs.

Reaction Score

I know what you're saying. Surely you are not so dim that you fail to realize that posting on this site everytime you think BC has the lead on a recruit is perceived as childish and petty.

Reaction Score
Weird situation there I know USF fans were very happy about it then all of a sudden he changed his mind. I'm sure most that follow recruiting know Plant is one of the best schools in FL so USF landing Weiner would have been huge. Good for BC anyway that he stayed at Plant. There was a lot of movement with the Florida schools trying to take some of the HCs from top HS programs.

That folks fail to see the enormous failure in college sports indicated by activity like this amazes me. That someone would devote the time and energy to following this activity is borderline sad. I love college football, but the ills of the recruiting process are profound. I think making a career of trying to correct this would be laudable, but following this type of behavior implies a level of endorsement and complicity.

pj

Reaction Score
I know what you're saying. Surely you are not so dim that you fail to realize that posting on this site everytime you think BC has the lead on a recruit is perceived as childish and petty.

I don't see it that way. 24 has good connections. If you want to follow recruiting, you want to know where the various schools stand.

Reaction Score
I don't see it that way. 24 has good connections. If you want to follow recruiting, you want to know where the various schools stand.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Reaction Score
To each there own I guess but I've posted much more then just BC stuff here but clearly you have an agenda so you won't acknowledge that. Following recruiting is fun it's the biggest part of college football. It's not sad that anyone would want to follow it. What is sad though is that you would take shots at people for it.

Reaction Score
UConn has offered 6'5' 235 DE Justus Reed from Clearwater Central Catholic in Fl. UL,WVU,Pitt<UCF and Marshall have offered. Seems like the staff has sent out alot of offers this past week.

Reaction Score
Just a guy to keep an eye for you guys: Kevin Wilkins he's a OG from St. Joe's in NJ. Has UMD and BC offers doesn't seem to have much interest in BC. Think UMD leads but if you guys were to offer you'd be involved. Getting interest from alot of schools good wrestler too.

Reaction Score
Wilkins looks like a good player with good size for a guard. From what I can tell in the past couple weeks we have offered:

5'10 160 lb CB Deion Hallmon from Cypress Bay in Fl has offers from Clemson, IU, Marshall, Purdue, Wake among some lower teams.

6'6.5 320 lb JUCo OT Chad Mavety from Nassau CC. He's rated as the #2 JUCO player in the country has offers from Bama, FSU, OSU, Mich st. We probably won't get him. DeLeone is recruiting him.

6'2 200 Ath/S C.J. Reavis from Thomas Dale high in Chester,Va. Has alot of offers and very high on Va Tech.

Also keep an eye on OG Billy Ray Mitchell from Paramus Catholic. He's 6'4 280 lbs he just visited this week has offers from Tulane and Umass with interest from BC. 24 you have any info on him?

Reaction Score
To each there own I guess but I've posted much more then just BC stuff here but clearly you have an agenda so you won't acknowledge that. Following recruiting is fun it's the biggest part of college football. It's not sad that anyone would want to follow it. What is sad though is that you would take shots at people for it.

I have no agenda. I trust posters on this board with BC affiliations not at all. Don't know how I can be more straightfoward than that.

As for recruiting being the biggest part of college football, well, I always thought that happened in the stadium on game day. But, I guess that's a completely different perspective.

I follow recruiting. I enjoy it. I find for the most part that people who do it largely for a living lose perspective on all of the ills associated with it. Like college programs hiring high school coaches with the primary reason for doing so being to recruit 16, 17 year old kids from that high school. Surely folks see the potential danger in that.

Reaction Score
I have no agenda. I trust posters on this board with BC affiliations not at all. Don't know how I can be more straightfoward than that.

As for recruiting being the biggest part of college football, well, I always thought that happened in the stadium on game day. But, I guess that's a completely different perspective.

I follow recruiting. I enjoy it. I find for the most part that people who do it largely for a living lose perspective on all of the ills associated with it. Like college programs hiring high school coaches with the primary reason for doing so being to recruit 16, 17 year old kids from that high school. Surely folks see the potential danger in that.

Ok I misread what you said I apologize for that. I think it's quite the opposite actually most of the people I know that do it for a living are sickening by the way it's going. The NCAA has only made it worse with the recent rule changes as well they opened up a Pandora's box IMO.

Reaction Score
24, you seem like a decent poster. I will tell you that posting on this board with an obvious BC affiliation will raise many a red flag as it does with me. That BC, as an istitution, seems hell bent on making sure UCONN athletics is relegated to second tier status through conference affiliation certainly doesn't help in that perception.

As for the folks who follow recruting for a living and report on it; if they really had the best interest of 16-17 year old kids at heart they would larely limit their reporting to where kids are going after decisions were made. These kids are not ready for the attention they get from these sites and they would be best left to explain themselves to their parents, hs coaches and prospective coaches. The best thing the media (internet) could do is leave these kids largely alone. Of course, everyone loves to hear that half these kids run 4.4 when we all know they don't.............

pj

Reaction Score
uconndogs, I think the vast majority of people here are glad to see BCEagles24 post, because he brings good information and an interesting (outside) perspective. Learning info and having a conversation are the very purposes of a message board.

Reaction Score
Wilkins looks like a good player with good size for a guard. From what I can tell in the past couple weeks we have offered:

5'10 160 lb CB Deion Hallmon from Cypress Bay in Fl has offers from Clemson, IU, Marshall, Purdue, Wake among some lower teams.

6'6.5 320 lb JUCo OT Chad Mavety from Nassau CC. He's rated as the #2 JUCO player in the country has offers from Bama, FSU, OSU, Mich st. We probably won't get him. DeLeone is recruiting him.

6'2 200 Ath/S C.J. Reavis from Thomas Dale high in Chester,Va. Has alot of offers and very high on Va Tech.

Also keep an eye on OG Billy Ray Mitchell from Paramus Catholic. He's 6'4 280 lbs he just visited this week has offers from Tulane and Umass with interest from BC. 24 you have any info on him?
Just some notes on these guys. Hallmon is a big time academics guy I'd say you will see him fishing for those offers.

Mavety is a beast from NJ had interest from alot of the schools around here but nothing ever materialized and now obviously he's blown up.

Reavis is a VT lock and probably will commit to them soon.

On Mitchell I know he came up with a bunch of teammates for the junior day we had and he thinks were close to offering haven't heard too much on him though. We're taking a smaller OL class once again which is a bit baffling to me.

Reaction Score
uconndogs, I think the vast majority of people here are glad to see BCEagles24 post, because he brings good information and an interesting (outside) perspective. Learning info and having a conversation are the very purposes of a message board.

I second that, bceagles24 is a good guy and he shares relevant info on this board and doesn't have to.

Reaction Score
We had talked about/mentioned Dintino earlier in this thread.

UConnReport 11:14am via twitterfeed
In-state DT ready for his visit: Defensive tackle Connor Dintino of Wallingford (Conn.) Choate Rosemary Hall s... Post original url/16nQxTy

Originally from Sandwich MA. Went to Gunnery then Choate. 6-4 292 lbs wrestling C/DT is being chased by Rutty, Holy Cross, Wake Forest, BC, Stamford. Temple, PSU and UMass.

Per JB @ Rivals article: "The big defensive tackle is impressed with what he has heard from Coach DeLeone. "He's a great guy," said Dintino. "He's very straight forward and honest, and that's my favorite thing about him. He doesn't hype anything up and he's very humbling. That's what I look for in a coach."

More info:

http://massprepstars.com/spotlight/interviews/one-on-one-connor-dintino-14-oldl---choate-ct-football

Reaction Score
UConnReport 9:03am via twitterfeed
Lovett returns to Storrs: Earlier this week, three-star quarterback John Lovett of Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha m... Post original url/10iRZpL

3* 6-3 212 lb pro-style QB being recruited by Coach Buggs. Came up for Junior Day and visted practice the other day. Offer from Buffalo. Other interest from Turtle U, Rutgers, Demon Deacon, PSU and UVA

http://www.gazette.net/article/20121004/SPORTS/710049960/1225/news&source=RSS&template=gazette

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1334851/#john-lovett

YouTube

Reaction Score
His teammate #5 Cameron "Cam" Phillips - *4 WR is also being recruited by UCONN heavy. I would like to have both come in since they already have good chemistry.

Reaction Score
We are recruiting other dematha players such as 6'3 180 lb 3* wr Chris Jones, 6'9 302 lb 4* OT Brock Ruble, and 6'2 225 3* lb rb/LB Taiwan Deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom