2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I would love to get Cooper too. There's no defense for elite speed.

Reaction Score
TOS has an article up about Lincoln Prep WR Jamiek Davis (seen him listed as 6-3 185, 6-3 190 and 6-4 205).

"Recruiting is good," said Davis. "I'm getting attention from UConn, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Missouri, N.C. State, Temple, Boston College and Tennessee. Hopefully after I take my SAT's and qualify, I can pull my first offer from UConn or Syracuse."

Impression after Junior Day - "It went great," said Davis. "I loved the school's facilities, campus, food and learning about their academic opportunities. I'm looking to major in communications and minor in performing arts and media."

Recruiter is Coach Wholley

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1904163/#jamiek-davis

Like the way he catches the ball with his hands away from his body...

Reaction Score
247_Big_East Big East Conference
@CNee247: #UConn has offered Winter Garden (Fla.) West Orange 3-star WR Garrett Johnson

5-9 160 lb out of Winter Garden Florida (West Orange HS)

Other offers from Arizona, BCU, GT, KY, Marshall, USF and Northwestern

Johnson caught 58 passes for 1014 yards and 11 touchdowns his sophomore year and added 49 receptions for 685 yards and seven scores his junior year. He also rushed 21 times for 194 yards and two scores. Johnson's production numbers may have gone down because he played both wide receiver and corner for the Warriors in 2012.

Johnson was clocked at 4.7 in the 40 at the UnderArmour Underclassmen combine held in St. Petersburg, Fla. He plays for the 'Top Recruits' team from Orlando in the 7-on-7 competition.

Reaction Score
They are on a role...

UConnReport 10:12am via twitterfeed
UConn offers Virginia lineman: UConn has offered several recruits over the last month, including offensive lin... Post original url/Z6HxSi

6-4 270 lb Alec Eberle from Atlee HS in Mechanicsville VA. Other offers from Maryland and Old Dominion. Interest from Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, Michigan State, West Virginia, Auburn, Rutgers, Rice, Indiana, Boston College, Wake Forest, Temple, Ohio State and TCU.

Coach Buggs is his recruiter.

UConnReport 1:22pm via twitterfeed
UConn Offers Texas DB: The UConn staff has offered a quality CB from Texas. Post original url/10ax8Yl

5-10 168 lb Chad Adams from Allen Texas (Texas HS Champs last year) Other offers from Rice and Washington w/ interest from Baylor, Houston, SMU, Ok State, Tulsa.

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels2:43pm via web
Per Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln Head Coach Shawn O'Connor, #NotreDame just offered DT Thomas Holley #Irish 247sports.com/Player/Thomas-…

So that makes so far - UConn, ND, BCU, Turtle U, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU, Florida, Rutty, Cuse and the U

From TOS - ""I do plan on visiting UConn and I plan to visit a few other schools, but I'm not sure when," he said. "I want to visit all three Florida schools; Miami, Florida and Florida State, and then Syracuse and Notre Dame."

Okay then...

BobLichtenfels 12:15pm via Twitter for Android
#Clemson and #Alabama offer Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley #Tide #Tigers

... and Nebraska.

Reaction Score
They are on a role...

UConnReport 10:12am via twitterfeed
UConn offers Virginia lineman: UConn has offered several recruits over the last month, including offensive lin... Post original url/Z6HxSi

6-4 270 lb Alec Eberle from Atlee HS in Mechanicsville VA. Other offers from Maryland and Old Dominion. Interest from Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida State, Michigan State, West Virginia, Auburn, Rutgers, Rice, Indiana, Boston College, Wake Forest, Temple, Ohio State and TCU.

Coach Buggs is his recruiter.

edit: Added a video. Both offensive and defensive lineman. http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/va/mechanicsville/atlee-high-school/alec-eberle1

UConnReport 1:22pm via twitterfeed
UConn Offers Texas DB: The UConn staff has offered a quality CB from Texas. Post original url/10ax8Yl

5-10 168 lb Chad Adams from Allen Texas (Texas HS Champs last year) Other offers from Rice and Washington w/ interest from Baylor, Houston, SMU, Ok State, Tulsa.

"Adams runs a hand-held 40-time of 4.37 and emerged as an essential part of the Eagles' defense which helped the program win the Class 5A Division I state title in December, the second in school history. Speed is the absolute difference maker. Adams collected 98 tackles last year along with two interceptions and nine pass breakups. That followed the 76 stops and three picks he had in 2011. There's no question that his value on a defense is there."

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Matt Walsh (@MWalshy34)
3/10/13, 7:06 PM
"@GetThisWork_203: Check out Harold Cooper's Highlights on Hudl hudl.com/athlete/102651…"best CT highlight tape I have seen

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1026517/highlights/18273373

Absolute stud. People have this kid way way to low in New England. Still haven't seen all the top backs, but of the ones I have seen, Cooper is the best back. That speed is legitimate, his cutting ability is top notch, and his vision is ridiculous. Get this kid to Storrs ASAP!

Reaction Score
Kid is either really fast or the competition really slow. My goodness............

Reaction Score
Kid is either really fast or the competition really slow. My goodness............

Really fast:

"Harold Cooper, Hillhouse track: Junior won the 55-meter dash in 6.42 seconds at the New England championship meet. His time is currently the eighth fastest in the nation."

Reaction Score
It would seem to me that in the 2014 class we will need to bring in a Punter, as Cole Wagner and his backup Chad Christen will both be 5th year seniors in 2013. Not sure if walk-on Justin Wain is the real thing or not, if he is then maybe they don’t have to bring in a Punter... Any thoughts on this anyone??

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Have heard Cooper might want to get out of the area even if UConn offers. I hope he reconsiders if offered as he brings speed which every team needs.

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels2:43pm via web
Per Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln Head Coach Shawn O'Connor, #NotreDame just offered DT Thomas Holley #Irish 247sports.com/Player/Thomas-…

So that makes so far - UConn, ND, BCU, Turtle U, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU, Florida, Rutty, Cuse and the U

From TOS - ""I do plan on visiting UConn and I plan to visit a few other schools, but I'm not sure when," he said. "I want to visit all three Florida schools; Miami, Florida and Florida State, and then Syracuse and Notre Dame."

Okay then...

BobLichtenfels 12:15pm via Twitter for Android
#Clemson and #Alabama offer Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley #Tide #Tigers

... and Nebraska.

BobLichtenfels 5:44pm via Web
#OSU becomes the latest to offer Brooklyn (N.Y.) Abraham Lincoln DT Thomas Holley #Buckeyes

Quite the list of offers...

Reaction Score
UConn has offered OT Ray Raulerson out of Plant high school in Fl.

UConnReport 9:45am via twitterfeed
Raulerson enjoys his visit: Offensive tackle Ray Raulerson of Tampa (Fla.) Plant received his offer from UConn... Post original url/ZUpFKN

>>"It went really well," said Raulerson, who is 6-foot-5, 270 pounds. "The facilities were as good as they get, and it had a cool campus too."Being from Florida, building a relationship between the player and coaching staff is an important element in Raulerson's recruiting process. "I head great interaction with the staff," he said. "I was with Coach Perkins mainly and he showed us around campus, the dorms and the business school, which I would like to major in. Then after meeting most of the coaches, I sat down and talked for about 30 minutes with Coach Pasqualoni. We talked about everything that I saw and overall how I liked the university." Raulerson was pleased with the time he spent on campus."I felt like I got a good feel for UConn after we stayed for most of the day and watched a practice," he said.<<

Also recent article from NJ.com : http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/03/rutgers_recruiting_plant_fla_o.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom