2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is stacked and hopefully we can pull a couple out of there. Jalen Williams from Myers school only has 1 offer from Cuse. Speed may be an issue I saw his 40 time at 4.99. DE/OLB Jarred Moorer from Fordham prep is a player looking to explode this spring/summer. 6'3 205 lbs and runs a 4.63.

Reaction Score
It is stacked and hopefully we can pull a couple out of there. Jalen Williams from Myers school only has 1 offer from Cuse. Speed may be an issue I saw his 40 time at 4.99. DE/OLB Jarred Moorer from Fordham prep is a player looking to explode this spring/summer. 6'3 205 lbs and runs a 4.63.

The 40 times of high school players are often misleading. Lots of kids simply don't know how to run it to produce good times. Coaches can watch film and figure out speed by how many frames it takes them to go ten yards.

Reaction Score

What does he classify as? I know the video mentions TE/DE. Where do you see him fitting in?

It seems the staff has gone after quite a few of these guys in their first two recruiting classes and it appears the trend will continue.

Reaction Score
check out brice

This dude can play some ball. Kid has great cut back ability. Good vision seeing the hole, hitting it and losing the defense behind him. Nice strong build as well. Shakes off arm tacklers and does a nice job catching the ball out of the back field.

Love what Ervin Phillips can do as well. Looks a little lean, but is very explosive and has some great moves. Hopefully the family connection to Sio Moore is helpful. And he's an in-state kid which the staff did very well with this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What does he classify as? I know the video mentions TE/DE. Where do you see him fitting in?

It seems the staff has gone after quite a few of these guys in their first two recruiting classes and it appears the trend will continue.

im not sure if he has the speed. its hard to tell de/te wise. just looking at his feet and size i have no problem with him turning into a ol. but i think he may be de material. not sure about te.

Reaction Score
These results were 17 days apart. Outlow was an inch and a half shorter, a tenth faster in the 40, fifteen tenths slower in the shuttle and lost a half inch on his vertical. He benched 155 lbs, 9 times at the first event, 12 at the second.

National Underclassmen Combine Results:

June 4, 2012:
Marcus Outlow
Norwich Free Academy, CT, RB, 6-0, 188, Overall MVP, Combine King & Fastest Man
Wow is this kid a special athlete!!! Outlow ran a 4.56 40, 4.22 shuttle, and had a 32-inch vertical. He was considered not only the best tester of the day but the best football prospect regardless of position. His skill set will allow him to project at several positions with two years of high school left.

June 21, 2012:
Marcus Outlow, RB, Norwich Free Academy, CT
Testing: height 5-10 ½ weight 187.4 vert 31.5 40 4.46 shuttle 4.37
Strengths: Outlow was one of the most impressive looking players. Outlaw's physical attributes are very special. As a sophomore, he already has the build and speed of a Division One running back. His performance on the day earned him RB co fastest man and Dodie D awards. Although Redmon won the RB MVP, Outlow was neck and neck in performance with him. Outlow was very good in the one-on-ones. He was able to beat the linebackers with his speed and he can match the linebackers in physicality.
Development: Outlow needs to gain more muscle mass. His height and size are very good but he needs to keep hitting the weight room. Most running backs need to work on route running and Outlow should not feel bad about it. He needs to keep working on the typical running back routes, such as wheel routes, flats, outs, hitches, bubbles, and sit routes. Outlow has the potential to become a Division One running back.

June 4, 2012:
Stephen Barmore
Southington HS, CT, QB, 6-2-1/2, 197, QB MVP & Strongest Man
Who says quarterbacks don't lift weights. This signal caller benched 155-pounds 27 times. He also proved extremely athletic with a 4.79 40, 4.15 shuttle, and 30.5-inch vertical. His broad jump was also impressive at 9-3. The spread offense is made for this guy because he can make yards with his feet and break tackles on top of having good throwing mechanics.

June 21, 2012:
Stephen Barmore Southington CTQBS6'2 199 4.7 (40) 4.18 (Shuttle) 29 (reps) @155 lbs.

QB Stephen Barmore, 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, Southington, Conn.: After Caleb Henderson, Barmore was the most physically impressive quarterback in attendance. He flashed impressive arm strength, foot work and fundamentals. What also set him apart was his athleticism, which he showed while occasionally playing linebacker for his team during 7-on-7s.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
3 new names to watch. mchale, moorer and crossdale from fordham prep in nyc. dam 24 just gave them some big ups!!! never heard of crossdale but he just adds to the silly stocked footprint of rbs....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
3 new names to watch. mchale, moorer and crossdale from fordham prep in nyc. dam 24 just gave them some big ups!!! never heard of crossdale but he just adds to the silly stocked footprint of rbs....

McHale is giant! Who the hell is 6'7", 300 lbs in their junior year of high school?!? I saw the Rivals mention of him the other day and then I sacrificed a chicken so that UConn could land him...

Reaction Score
Travis Meyer (@tmeyer5starqb)
2/24/13, 10:07 PM
Shout out to Dante Cioffi. His former coach told him he was a lineman & not to trust me. UMASS coach just told him he's their #1 QB recruit.

Kings wood-Oxford QB

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Travis Meyer (@tmeyer5starqb)
2/24/13, 10:07 PM
Shout out to Dante Cioffi. His former coach told him he was a lineman & not to trust me. UMASS coach just told him he's their #1 QB recruit.

Kings wood-Oxford QB

im not sure if its in this thread or a another but i was trying to get ppls opinions on him vs barmore and marchi. linta and a few others seemed to be a step below. the more i watched of this kid, i think he may be the real deal.

Reaction Score
im not sure if its in this thread or a another but i was trying to get ppls opinions on him vs barmore and marchi. linta and a few others seemed to be a step below. the more i watched of this kid, i think he may be the real deal.

It was in this thread - way back. I saw him play against Linta this past fall. He's solid but Linta had a better day that Saturday. Senior year will be interesting for a bunch of CT prospects.

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels2:43pm via web
Per Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln Head Coach Shawn O'Connor, #NotreDame just offered DT Thomas Holley #Irish 247sports.com/Player/Thomas-…

So that makes so far - UConn, ND, BCU, Turtle U, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU, Florida, Rutty, Cuse and the U

From TOS - ""I do plan on visiting UConn and I plan to visit a few other schools, but I'm not sure when," he said. "I want to visit all three Florida schools; Miami, Florida and Florida State, and then Syracuse and Notre Dame."

Reaction Score
UConn has offered 5'10 177 lb Ga CB Chris Murphy. He has offers from IU, Mizzou, UNC, NCST, OkSt, Purdue, Utah, Vandy, UVA and WVU.

Reaction Score
BobLichtenfels2:43pm via web
Per Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln Head Coach Shawn O'Connor, #NotreDame just offered DT Thomas Holley #Irish 247sports.com/Player/Thomas-…

So that makes so far - UConn, ND, BCU, Turtle U, Ole Miss, Baylor, PSU, FSU, Florida, Rutty, Cuse and the U

From TOS - ""I do plan on visiting UConn and I plan to visit a few other schools, but I'm not sure when," he said. "I want to visit all three Florida schools; Miami, Florida and Florida State, and then Syracuse and Notre Dame."

Okay then...

BobLichtenfels 12:15pm via Twitter for Android
#Clemson and #Alabama offer Brooklyn (N.Y.) Lincoln DT Thomas Holley #Tide #Tigers

Reaction Score
TOS reporting that DT Isaiah Stephens has been invited to Blue/White Scrimmage and select spring practices:

"Recruiting is going pretty well right now," said Stephens, who is 6-foot-3 and 300 pounds. "I just got invited to Pitt and UConn's spring game and also a couple of spring practices."
From a December article on Rivals:

>>College interest is starting to grow for 6-foot-3, 275-pound defensive tackle Isaiah Stephens. The Smyrna, Dela. 2014 prospect is still waiting for his first offer, but has significant interest coming in. "I know of interest from Tennessee, Connecticut, Temple, Rutgers, UCLA, Old Dominion and Stanford," he said. "Most of these schools can't tell me that much since I'm a junior, but they are interested in me."<<
Found a junior year highlight tape:

Reaction Score
Harold Cooper (RB, Hillhouse) won the 55 meter championship at the State Open indoor track finals. He finished with a time of 6.46 seconds.

I really want UCONN to sign Cooper.

Reaction Score
Harold Cooper (RB, Hillhouse) won the 55 meter championship at the State Open indoor track finals. He finished with a time of 6.46 seconds.

I really want UCONN to sign Cooper.

He did even better today-ran a 6.42 to win the 55m dash at the New England championships. Has legit 4.4 speed and great athleticism, truly one of the most slept on players in the northeast, uconn better offer him now because this guy is ACC bound

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
He did even better today-ran a 6.42 to win the 55m dash at the New England championships. Has legit 4.4 speed and great athleticism, truly one of the most slept on players in the northeast, uconn better offer him now because this guy is ACC bound

I still have to watch Outlow more (I only saw him play about 2 snaps in the state championship), but I think Cooper might be the best back in CT, and that says something with a guy like Arkeel Newsome in this years class. I would be doing cartwheels if we could get both players.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

People probably look at his height and weight, and might pass, but watching him run with tacklers slipping of him, he has a very powerful lower body. And he runs between the tackles well. Not much to nitpick with Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom