2014 Gabby Williams commits...[ merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 Gabby Williams commits...[ merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
What a way to start the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“My goal is to dunk the first game I’m back.’’

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN Nation Gabby!!!!!

You have our support!!!!

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller has confirmation from Gabby's father and a little insight into the decision:

WNB and FULLER" Good article. To me , sounds like a GREAT dad: honest about his feelings, able to empathize with someone else's, mature, and more. Want to welcome not only the kid but the dad as well.

Reaction Score
Great get! Congrats on landing a great talent.

EAST{ I like alot of your stuff, and have a good feeling about you. Not afraid to stick your neck out and take people on....uet well able to say "well done" to a foe (that would be The Huskies, of course, in this case). Happy Easter.

Reaction Score
UCON CHAP: great and interesting stuff re UCONN track luminaries. If Williams does decide to go that route in addition to basketball, she will only add to a program that, evidently, has had some fine performers. On the court, she'll be in something akin to "The Long Grey Line" in civilian life.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Do I get an assist for wearing my UCONN gear to two of her games this year at Reed? I live about 4 miles from her high school and have seen her play a couple of times over the last couple of years. She is a amazing hoopster but she is the best high school high jumper in the country. She ABSOLUTLEY will compete in track and is likely to win an ncaa title in the high jump. She finished 5th in last years Olympic trials as a 15 yr old sophomore. This is an amazing pick up for UCONN. Lets just hope her knee injury is a one time thing and not a persistent issue.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Do I get an assist for wearing my UCONN gear to two of her games this year at Reed? I live about 4 miles from her high school and have seen her play a couple of times over the last couple of years. She is a amazing hoopster but she is the best high school high jumper in the country. She ABSOLUTLEY will compete in track and is likely to win an ncaa title in the high jump. She finished 5th in last years Olympic trials as a 15 yr old sophomore. This is an amazing pick up for UCONN. Lets just hope her knee injury is a one time thing and not a persistent issue.
CA you're da man (or woman)

Reaction Score
IDK about you guys, but im just very excited.. Gabby Williams commitment gurantees Uconn's back court as one of the best, if not arguably the best back court until 2018!! With Moriah in there and Brianna banks, sanya chong, and edwards, this gives us the opportuniity to recruit and get amazing post players. I mean, what post player right now wouldn't want to be in the same sqaud as moriah jefferson, saniya chong, sadie edwards, and now gabby williams( sorry for bad spelling...blame it on the wine) ? :) I'm calling it, watch Aja wilson be the next to commit, along with katie lou samuelson .. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know about "freaking out", but there were a number of people concerned at the swings and misses the staff was experiencing. And they missed out on a lot of top 10 kids they really went after. Of course, I agree we will get more than our fair share given our coaching staff is the best in the business and we are probably the only team in WCBB who has been a legit threat to make the final 4 every year since our NC run in 1995 (I might be exaggerating a bit, but not by much).

Every school has players they do not get. UConn has had literally dozens in the past. As always kids choose schools for many reasons and some lead them to choose UConn others lead them in other directions. It is all good. Kids expressing the things Gabby has expressed are certainly great things to be known for and appeal to kids who want to be their best.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't dispute that if you want the best chance of winning multiple basketball NC's UConn would be my first choice, but if I wanted the best chance of pursuing my Olympic dream plus a shot at winning a NC, I would think I had a decent chance at doing both at Stanford or Baylor. Stanford would also give me great academics. I also think Kim M will keep Baylor in the hunt for NC's after BG graduates.
None of that matters because she has made her feelings and goals clear and knows exactly why she has made her choice.

Reaction Score
Every school has players they do not get. UConn has had literally dozens in the past. As always kids choose schools for many reasons and some lead them to choose UConn others lead them in other directions. It is all good. Kids expressing the things Gabby has expressed are certainly great things to be known for and appeal to kids who want to be their best.

I agree Icebear that successful recruiting is cyclical. Very few players would want to immediately follow the best recruiting class in the country and inevitably "ride the pine" for 3 years. Now that their is a 2 year gap between the Stewie, Tuck, and MoJeff class it opens up positions for new prized recruits.

Reaction Score
Welcome Gabby. 2013 is turning out to be a very good recruiting year afterall!!
And Geno ain't done yet!

Reaction Score
Gabby seems to be the type of young lady that knows what she wants and is very determined to be successful. UCONN is very lucky to get a gem like Gabby.

Reaction Score
The articles linked to have indicated she may not pursue track in college, but that if she chooses to do so, she feels comfortable doing so at UConn. Her top two contenders were Arizona Statehand Stanford after UConn.

My guess is that she will drop the Olympic dream when she gets here.

Reaction Score
I think that Geno RREEEaallyy likes this girl because he wouldn't just allow any recruit to request for a redshirt year, regardless if its fro the olympics or not.. She must really be a "Maya Moore" type of special... just my thoughts...

Cab anybody rate the competition she has faced?

Reaction Score
Don't disagree on the track and field portion, but if she has any interest in multiple NC's, there's literally no other school in the nation who has had a real legit shot the past umpteen years, and also will for the foreseeable future.

Next year it will be all UCONN, with probably Duke and ND the closest two teams behind them. Stanford, aTm, Tennessee and probably a few others the next tier down. Hard to say after that but UCONN's been in the final 4 the past 5 years, this year should make 6, and does anyone doubt they will get there the next 3 years? They could be looking at 10 consecutive final 4's. Unprecedented.

My point is that Baylor is out of the top 10 next year and I'm betting aTm is the following year when the lose Bone and Gilbert, but the point is neither come close to sniffing a final 4 never mind vying for a NC.
Where do you think ND is going next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom