2014 Gabby Williams commits...[ merged thread] | The Boneyard

2014 Gabby Williams commits...[ merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
@ASGR1995: UCONN receives 2014 verbal commit from ASGR #2 Gabby Williams 5-11 G from Reed HS Sparks NV. Williams is out with knee injury presently.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
wow, our future backcourt is looking good. How about a couple of bigs now!

Reaction Score
Gabby Article - Link

Gabby probably ends up as a PG and Sierra is a wing/forward so it should not impact her recruitment

Not only that but Gabby plans to "red shirt" her sophomore year to concentrate on the Rio Olympics as a high jumper. This would stagger their graduation years and give Geno a chance to see where each fits best{assuming we do land Sierra}.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Awesome!!!!! What a "GOOD" Friday. :)

Now we need a couple bigs.

Reaction Score
wow, our future backcourt is looking good. How about a couple of bigs now!

I'll take Wilson, Drummer, and Westbeld as my bigs and then add Calhoun and Rooks to make probably the single greatest recruiting class ever. As unrealistic as an 8 player class is it is nice to dream.

Reaction Score
Whoa I wrote her off because of track and field since our T&F program is not top of the line. Great news!

Reaction Score
I'll take Wilson, Drummer, and Westbeld as my bigs and then add Calhoun and Rooks to make probably the single greatest recruiting ever.

I think we might go over the scholarship limit with a recruiting class of 8. I see Geno taking 5 in 2014 (already has 3).

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller has confirmation from Gabby's father and a little insight into the decision:

"I am extremely surprised but after meeting with Geno and his staff, there are no regrets," Williams said. "There are regrets on my end as a father but like my daughter reminded me, it is not about me because I wanted her closer to home. Between Stanford and Arizona State that is where I thought we were leaning and maybe I was pushing her a little bit.

"She said I want to be the best and be with the best, I want to win national championships and I felt that this staff can get me some national championships.

Reaction Score
I think we might go over the scholarship limit with a recruiting class of 8. I see Geno taking 5 in 2014 (already has 3).

3 seniors - kml, banks, stokes
3 jrs - stew, tuck, mo
1 soph - Chong

So 8 scholarships are available.
I bet on 5, followed by 3-4 the next year.

Reaction Score
Fantastic! 3 or four guards and two posts would be an outstanding class.

U

UCONNfan1

AWESOME! She's the one who wants to redshirt a year to to the Olympics in the high jump? Very impressive!

From the video, I ALMOST couldn't tell if she was right or left handed - she made some great drives to the left and has a great dribble with her left hand as well. Then I finally saw her make a jump shot and realized she did it with her right hand. Amazing ambidextrous ball handling skills by the kids UCONN is landing lately (Chong and Williams).

BTW Blue Star has her at #6 and HG has her at #8. I read on her ASGR has her at #2? Both she and Ekmark are consensus top 10 kids...

Reaction Score
I think that Geno RREEEaallyy likes this girl because he wouldn't just allow any recruit to request for a redshirt year, regardless if its fro the olympics or not.. She must really be a "Maya Moore" type of special... just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom