2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 40 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
u r a true nightowl HfD... My man...

Kempt can sling it.. he was a Cincy commit but decommitted when Jones left for Tennessee... Gotta believe Weist is pushing for him... Kid can sling it too.. 6'5 200lbs... had 32 TDs this season... from Ohio, so you know he can play... can never have too much competition, especially at QB...

Really like the size - 6'5"

Reaction Score
we just offered kyle kempt. thats a serious fish to go after and a 2nd qb in the class no less!?!?!?! everyone tweet him, lets see if we are a player for him or not...

Alright, fine, I violated recruiting rules and did it and even made a vague Workaholics reference which he will probably enjoy, YOU'RE WELCOME DAN.

Reaction Score
Sean Patrick Bowley posted some signing day info on CT Recruits. Many of whom are targets/commits for UCONN.

http://blog.ctnews.com/hssports/2013/01/16/three-weeks-to-national-signing-day-whos-going-where/

High Schools

Updated: 1/17, 12:11 a.m.
  • Tim Boyle, QB, Xavier — Boston College
  • Matt Walsh, LB, Hand — UConn
  • Andrew Isaacs, TE, Manchester — Maryland
  • Liam O’Neil, QB, Greenwich — Tufts
  • Peter Gesualdi, RB/DB, Darien — Hobart (lacrosse and football)
  • Tommy Myers, TE, Coventry/Windham Tech — UConn
  • Cole Ormsby, DE, Windsor — UMass
  • Lance Ormsby, LB, Windsor — Central Connecticut
  • Peter Gerson, DE, Hand — Yale
  • Marquis Little, LB, Manchester — Boston College
  • Andrew Barton, OL, Ridgefield — Bryant
  • Connor Rowe, QB, Ridgefield — Bryant
  • Jame Frusciante, WR, Staples — Princeton
  • Kyle Vaughn, OL, Staples — Fordham
  • George Smith, OL/DL, Holy Cross — Bryant
Prep Schools

Updated: 1/16, 7:23 p.m.
  • Shane Nastahowski, LB, Greenwich (Milford Academy) — Temple
  • Todd Stafford, QB, Brunswick — UMass
  • Noel Thomas, WR, St. Luke’s — UConn
  • Cory Jasudowich, LB, Cheshire Academy — UConn
  • Sadiq Olanrewaiu, OL, Salisbury School — Virginia
  • John Van Allen, ATH, Avon Old Farms — Harvard
  • D.J. Ellis, WR/DB, Sacred Heart (Gunnery) — Sacred Heart University
  • Dave DiGeorgi, Holy Cross (Gunnery) — Curry College

Reaction Score
what's the latest on Coggins?

Thought HFD said he may be a 2014 now (?PG year somewhere?). Things got derailed w/ the injury last year and suspension this year. Could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Just going off his build statistics and where he is from, how can Uconn not at least be somewhat interested. They have to have some kids on the roster that will never sniff the field. He seems like he can at least get a look. I'll be honest I never expected anything from G.Davis, yet he seemed to develop into the teams most reliable receiver this year. So never under estimate.

Reaction Score
Just going off his build statistics and where he is from, how can Uconn not at least be somewhat interested. They have to have some kids on the roster that will never sniff the field. He seems like he can at least get a look. I'll be honest I never expected anything from G.Davis, yet he seemed to develop into the teams most reliable receiver this year. So never under estimate.

Big miss on your part bro... I had a feeling about G. Davis... a 3 star out of GA... He had to have some skill to be rated that high... I think we can get caught up on our guys a bit... Case in point, Tebucky Jr. Thought he'd be a solid #2 by now... With the football genes and all... Unfortuately, it didn't pan out that way.. G. Davis is clearly our #1... He's our new Terence Jeffers ( another GA kid that, if he didn't have off the field issues - academics, probably would've built a nice legacy up in Storrs )... but clearly a little more focused... He's taking that next step to being something special for the next 2 years of his college career...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So what's our wish list for the remaining schollies?

1) Lemelle - WR
2) Either MacPherson / Laray Smith - RB <--I really like both
3) Rubaclava - Juco OL
4) Wright - OL
5) A DB
6) A Defensive lineman or OL
7) Another RB could never hurt

Reaction Score
With Dan gone, who is in charge of twitter stalking?

Reaction Score
So what's our wish list for the remaining schollies?

1) Lemelle - WR
2) Either MacPherson / Laray Smith - RB <--I really like both
3) Rubaclava - Juco OL
4) Wright - OL
5) A DB
6) A Defensive lineman or OL
7) Another RB could never hurt

3, 4, 6, 5, 2, 1

Reaction Score
Know we are out of running w/ Vandenberg but appears Nebraska is as well now:

Brandon Vandenburg (@Vandenburg85)
1/8/13, 9:22 PM
Nebraska coach calls me today and says "we were so busy and we didn't realize that we forgot to tell you we aren't taking a JC TE this year"

Brandon Vandenburg (@Vandenburg85)
1/8/13, 9:24 PM
This was less than 3 days before my visit. I find that unorganized and uncalled for, and honestly not the way to recruit or run a program

Just updating:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ndon-vandenburg-commits-vanderbilt-commodores

>>"Brandon Vandenburg, the nation's No. 1 junior college tight end and No. 10 prospect in the ESPN Junior College 100, committed to Vanderbilt on Saturday night.

The 6-foot-6, 260-pound College of the Desert (Calif.) tight end, originally out of Xavier Prep in Palm Desert, Calif., knew that this time around he wanted to position himself at a place where he could have the best chance to succeed on and off the field. During an official visit to Vanderbilt this weekend, he found it."

"Only a few schools can compete with Vandy on an academic and football level," Vandenburg said. "Out of those schools, Vanderbilt has the most stable coaching staff, which is important. No other school had the combination of those three things."

"Vandenburg held offers from schools such as Arkansas, Kansas State, Nebraska, Mississippi and Texas A&M. He took an official visit to Connecticut this past December and had visits scheduled to Miami and Tennessee the next two weeks. But he ended his recruiting process on Saturday night, during a meeting with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin."<<

Reaction Score
Looks like Syracuse Coach John Anselmo who is their NYC area recruitier joined Marrone on the Bills staff over the weekend. Maybe this will open up some opportunities now and in future. As of now, we have 3 from NYC area including 2 of rivals top 10 in new york state with Stapleton at #7 and Hopkins at #5 (only school on list with more than one committ) and if we can land Smith who held up committing to Cuse because of the coaching change it will be nice haul to build on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With the possible addition of Britton, do we think some of the existing linebackers might change positions....like Vann moving to the D-line? Just wondering what others think. I love UConn's ability to recruit linebackers, just dont know how we get all the talent on the field.

Reaction Score
With the possible addition of Britton, do we think some of the existing linebackers might change positions....like Vann moving to the D-line? Just wondering what others think. I love UConn's ability to recruit linebackers, just dont know how we get all the talent on the field.

the key question is who will be the DC.

Reaction Score

Back in Miami's hay day, a lot of their success defensively was the result of their ability to convert LBs into D linemen and safeties into LBs. it allowed them to keep as much speed on the field as possible. It's not such a bad strategy. UConn had some success converting Julius Williams from a LB into a DE and then a DT if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction Score
Williams was never a DT for us but your point is the same. This staff is recruiting a little different than the previous one. P is really sticking with his prototype mantra it seems.

Reaction Score
Williams was never a DT for us but your point is the same. This staff is recruiting a little different than the previous one. P is really sticking with his prototype mantra it seems.

Are you sure? I think he moved inside in passing situations to get even more speed on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom