2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 38 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In home visits with Noel Thomas. Talking about it being Surreal. Seemed pretty stoked. Lagow had a call from coach P. I asked if they talked about anything good, he replied "always good." The kid is ready to do big things at Uconn. Javon Hadley had an in home visit from Coach P.

Jay'rock' Diamond@jayjetson2
Home visit with Uconn head coach went smoothly...... Getting ready to do big things

Reaction Score
DeLeone is staying put. He stopped by Hand high school today and spoke with Walsh. Confirmed by one of his tweets.

Reaction Score
In home visits with Noel Thomas. Talking about it being Surreal. Seemed pretty stoked. Lagow had a call from coach P. I asked if they talked about anything good, he replied "always good." The kid is ready to do big things at Uconn. Javon Hadley had an in home visit from Coach P.

Jay'rock' Diamond@jayjetson2
Home visit with Uconn head coach went smoothly...... Getting ready to do big things

In school visit w/Walsh today by GDL as well... Just showing the love it sounds like

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
DeLeone is staying put. He stopped by Hand high school today and spoke with Walsh. Confirmed by one of his tweets.

I heard that through the grapevine, too. I really really really hope that GDL proves me (and everyone else) wrong this coming year. I have nothing against the guy, but his system is either too complex to be picked up quickly by our players or he's not doing a very good job of conveying the information...

Reaction Score
I heard that through the grapevine, too. I really really really hope that GDL proves me (and everyone else) wrong this coming year. I have nothing against the guy, but his system is either too complex to be picked up quickly by our players or he's not doing a very good job of conveying the information...

Not sure how he is going to prove anyone wrong. Cant teach an old dog new tricks. Things won't change. Let's just hope the players on the field can do a little more I guess.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Not sure how he is going to prove anyone wrong. Cant teach an old dog new tricks. Things won't change. Let's just hope the players on the field can do a little more I guess.

So I guess the latter part of your statement is more of what I was getting at. If he is hell-bent on staying in a system that some have referred to as "too complex", let's hope that players like Friend, Greene, Bullock, Mateas, Cruz, Bennett (if he gets an extra year), Samra, Rugg, and Levy end up "getting it" after yet another year in it. I think that's more of what I'm looking for. I also think that it doesn't hurt that Whitmer and Cochran are seeing it for a second year each. Let's hope that the old trick from the old dog works better in year three...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it took them way to long today to make the calls and visits and considering the issue they had on hand thanks to there biggest supporter. i bet they love him right now. whoile group is a bunch of retardss. they can send me thank you cards later next week when they get around 2 it. i have just about had it. between the pussys here who dont want to force change and the incompetence in storrs it just all sucks.

we need a new bot, a new ad, new coaching staff, new marketing plan and personel and by god i bet there are more idiots i can't name becuase i have yet to be made aware of them.
F
U
C
K

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Chart:
QB-
Woulard(usf dc, we are not showing interest)
WR-
Boyd(we are not showing interest)
Grant(handful of bcs offers, have not seen info on him)
Jeune(down to purdue and gtech(visit 1/11))
Griffin(uconn only offer reported, have not seen any news on him)
Lemelle(down to bc, iowa(visit 1/25), uconn(visit 1/21), neb and psu)
Cooper( many bcs offers, family connection to ct, we do not seem to be in on him)

RB-
Smith(picking on 1/4 at the ua game, has a hadfl of bcs offers. we are in it but a cuse lean)
Williams(not showing interest)
Hoover(not showing interest)

FB-

DT-
Meant(uconn, ist, kst(recent visit) and ucf have offered)

DB-
Reid(uconn, cuse , buff, umass and temple offers)
Parker(uconn and minn offers among other smalle ones, minn lean)
Deluzio(uconn and smu offers, havn't seen much info, baseball is also a factor to his future)
Alexander(not showing interest)
Flood(twitter offer claimed)
Sills(not showing interest)
Melton(twitter offer claimed, has iowa interest also)

DE-
Dobbs(juco, uconn offer)
Hush(juco, high on uconn, has handful of bcs offers)
Thomas(not showing interest)
Muhammad(not showing interest)

LB-
Stevens(azst(recent visit), uconn(recent visit), unc and smiss offers. gast also on him)
Ngakoue(not showing interest)

TE-
Batten(duke, uk, uconn and minn offers)
Fuchs(uconn and ruty offers, have not seen info on him in a while, bball is a factor in future)
Vandenburgh(final 4 of neb, tenn, ark and vandy)
Phillips(uconn and ruty offers via 247)
Johnson(high on miami)
Krill(high on wyoming)
OL-
Wright(down to ncst(lean) and uconn)
Dunham(uconn, cincy, missst and memphis offers, have not seen info on him)
Finnin(we are not in it any more, many offers now)
Dancy(juco, offer via 247)
Hunter(many lower offers, uconn, cuse(visit soon), usf, washst, ucf and sdsu offers)
Rubalcava(uconn, tst and wku offers. shopping himself to any pac/b12 program)
Mclaughlin(soft ecu verbal, prep school, other bcs programs also recruiting him)

Radar: needs a lot of updates still...
RB-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz-anderson-villard-fredrick-sams(memphis)
TE/DE-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-riley-wilson(umass offer, temple/rutgers/uconn close to offering)-hinjos
LB-robinson-barton-mitchell-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr
OL-jj smith-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-mcnutt-brennan-barnettmhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor-otranto-mcdonald(nmst offer)-clay(juco, soft verbal to fresno, utah interest, visited recently)
QB-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo-nitti-brihm-whipple
ATH-duffy-beckford-davis(close to a uconn offer)-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton-scott-clark-m. smith
WR-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-cherry-victorin-dumas-matos(stony offer, ccsu, iowa, temple and bc interest)-clark-quliier
DB-cooper(has interest from several bcs schools)-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-chivas-beverette-spearman(coach visit recently)-lassiter
DL-valantine-camara(soft sbrook)-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson-merrill

Prefered Walkon Offers:
-Sallquist(offer via twitter)
-Vaughn(rummored to have a uconn offer)

Updates:
-
JUCO TE Vandenburg - Final 4... Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Tennessee.
-got rid of the dc list...
-ogun to clemson

Reaction Score
HFD, a couple of items:
(rb) Williams has committed to South Carolina
(wr) Griffin, I was able to confirm that we do not have an offer out to him.
(wr) Quillier, supposedly he is visiting us on the 17th…
(ol) Dancy has committed to Memphis
(ol) Clay, supposedly he has already visited us, and one site has us as offering him.

pj

Reaction Score
Surely Notre Dame doesn't require a 1300 SAT from its football recruits.

Reaction Score
Do we really count Burlingame and Krill has Decommits....I mean if it were up to them they would still be Huskies, but them not working hard enough in the classroom caused them to not be academically eligible

No. They never made themselves eligible to go to UConn.

Reaction Score
then why did we let them commit in the 1st place? we ask for transcripts and all the good stuff before we offer or alow kids to commit...

We never did. You are confusing tweets with reality. None of them had an offer that wasn't based on them accomplishing things in the classroom that they were unable to accomplish.

If President Herbst says she will sleep with you when you look like Brad Pitt and make your first $10M, she is not actually making you an offer.

pj

Reaction Score
If President Herbst says she will sleep with you when you look like Brad Pitt and make your first $10M, she is not actually making you an offer.

How about if I run a conference that distributes $35 mn a year?

jim-delany.jpg

Make me an offer Susan!

Reaction Score
it took them way to long today to make the calls and visits and considering the issue they had on hand thanks to there biggest supporter. i bet they love him right now. whoile group is a bunch of ss. they can send me thank you cards later next week when they get around 2 it. i have just about had it. between the pussys here who dont want to force change and the incompetence in storrs it just all sucks.

we need a new bot, a new ad, new coaching staff, new marketing plan and personel and by god i bet there are more idiots i can't name becuase i have yet to be made aware of them.
F
U
C
K
Yes Dan we need LESS spending in the government too. We are not going to get either, so maybe it's time to write something positive.

Reaction Score
Yes Dan we need LESS spending in the government too. We are not going to get either, so maybe it's time to write something positive.

That's like rubbing dirt on the spot where you got hit by a Justin Verlander fastball. Doesn't do Shi*

Reaction Score
Know we are out of running w/ Vandenberg but appears Nebraska is as well now:

Brandon Vandenburg (@Vandenburg85)
1/8/13, 9:22 PM
Nebraska coach calls me today and says "we were so busy and we didn't realize that we forgot to tell you we aren't taking a JC TE this year"

1/8/13, 9:24 PM
This was less than 3 days before my visit. I find that unorganized and uncalled for, and honestly not the way to recruit or run a program

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Know we are out of running w/ Vandenberg but appears Nebraska is as well now:

1/8/13, 9:22 PM
Nebraska coach calls me today and says "we were so busy and we didn't realize that we forgot to tell you we aren't taking a JC TE this year"

1/8/13, 9:24 PM
This was less than 3 days before my visit. I find that unorganized and uncalled for, and honestly not the way to recruit or run a program

He could come here and be a star, or go to a place like Nebraska or Arkansas and sit the bench and get pi$$ed on for the rest of his collegiate career. His choice, I suppose...

pj

Reaction Score
He could come here and be a star, or go to a place like Nebraska or Arkansas and sit the bench and get pi$$ed on for the rest of his collegiate career. His choice, I suppose...

Tell him that.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Tell him that.

You must know by now that I'm so Twitter illiterate that I could be considered the Dexter Manley of Twitter... :confused:

Reaction Score
HFD, in case you missed them, here are some more commitments / corrections that can be made...
(qb) A.J.Derby has accepted as a preferred walk-on at Arkansas.
(qb) Austin Whipple has accepted as a preferred walk-on at Penn St.
(tb) Roman Clay has committed to Kent St.
(ol) Cody Clay has committed to Azusa Pacific University.
(lb) Ken O’Neal has committed to Texas-San Antonio.
(lb) Mike Mitchell has committed to Ohio St.
(de) Al-Quadin Muhammad has committed to Miami.

Reaction Score
Azusa Pacific???? Is that where Michael Oliwikandi went? I thought they dropped football along with Long Beach State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom