2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So anybody in the recruiting know have any info or guess on whether or not we could steal Barone back from Temple now that Addazio is gone? Would be a big get at a position of need for us. Really liked his tape.

pj

Reaction Score
Barone would be a great get, but (a) he has to decide to leave Temple and his high school teammate who's going there even though they're 3 hours closer to home by car and a non-stop flight by plane and in the same conference with UConn, and (b) if he does leave he has to prefer UConn and PP/GDL to BC and Addazio when he's already chosen Addazio over PP/GDL ... and BC is only an hour and a half farther and again has nonstop flights from Pittsburgh which Bradley doesn't.

So I'd guess it's a 25% chance at best.

Reaction Score
bc is at a full class already. i asume a few kids may leave now with a new coach so we will have to wait and see. i can think of 2 or 3 kids i would lie to see leave bc but thats another story. we should hit up barone and see whats good, and if hes interested offer his teammate as well.
we still have another 3-5 spots left in this class.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
HFD, just thought I would pass these corrections on…
J.R Krill, a Juco TE from California is supposed to be visiting this weekend...
TB Jeremiah Hamlin has committed to Richmond...
WR Mark Thomas has committed to Kansas...
WR Tim Vangeles has committed to Lafayette...
LB Ken O’Neal has committed to Texas-San Antonio (I think you have him listed twice).
DB Kennedy Frazier (I think you have him listed twice).

Reaction Score
Shawn Brown@ShawnBRivals
Hearing that @CedarCreekFB RB Gary Melton has an offer from UConn. Another great FBS talent on the field at Rowan this weekend.

not sure what to think of this. i'm already pissed about who we are offering rb wise in 2014. not sure wtf were doing at this point. not ripping the kid at all he seems like a player but we were doing real well on the trial then it seems like we took a step back all of a sudden. smdh

6-0 180 RB/FS. Dad played for Rutger late 80's

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/873546/gary-melton

Reaction Score
HfD - u indicated that "mclaughlin to offer chart, but a soft verbal for ecu" .. what position does he play? who is he?

pj

Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of the Melton offer. He doesn't look like the runner that Marriner is, but he played some WR and caught deep passes out of the backfield too, also he looked like a good open-field tackler from the safety position in that highlight video. Might be a 3rd down all-purpose back or defensive player? I guess if West Virginia can stockpile APBs we can too.

Reaction Score
Shawn Brown@ShawnBRivals
Hearing that @CedarCreekFB RB Gary Melton has an offer from UConn. Another great FBS talent on the field at Rowan this weekend.

not sure what to think of this. i'm already pissed about who we are offering rb wise in 2014. not sure wtf were doing at this point. not ripping the kid at all he seems like a player but we were doing real well on the trial then it seems like we took a step back all of a sudden. smdh

One of the highlights of the Pasqualoni/DeLeone hire was that DeLeone was supposed to open up the NJ recruiting pipeline with all his old connections. It started very strongly with Samra, but has shown nothing since. Last year DeLeone convinced Coach P that three of the last schollies should go to NJ kids that were reaches (Clax, Vinci and Levy). If they are going to hand out late schollies to kids that are projects I would rather see them go to CT kids.

All UConn has from NJ this year is Summers whose only other offer was UMass. DeLeone has not only flopped as the OC, but his "connections" in NJ have been nonexistent.

pj

Reaction Score
Dan, the DB angle would make more sense, on the other hand I wonder if Warde Manuel didn't give them warning that if the offense isn't much better next year they'll be out, and they might be sacrificing a roster spot to bring in a player who might be able to help next year's offense marginally -- we're a bit short on receiving out of the backfield. Short term gain, but costing us roster space for one of the better CT backs next year?

Don't understand why we haven't been able to recruit better on D with Don Brown being such a great coach to play for and so much success on the field and getting his players to the NFL.

UConnRock, it does seem like DeLeone has been a failure every which way.

Reaction Score
One of the highlights of the Pasqualoni/DeLeone hire was that DeLeone was supposed to open up the NJ recruiting pipeline with all his old connections. It started very strongly with Samra, but has shown nothing since. Last year DeLeone convinced Coach P that three of the last schollies should go to NJ kids that were reaches (Clax, Vinci and Levy). If they are going to hand out late schollies to kids that are projects I would rather see them go to CT kids.

All UConn has from NJ this year is Summers whose only other offer was UMass. DeLeone has not only flopped as the OC, but his "connections" in NJ have been nonexistent.

Not sure I get what your saying... What about Horan and Stephens? Why are Clax, Vinci and Levy reaches?

I don't necessarily disagree that if you have "extras" - they should go to in state kids if they are @ positions that depth is weak or to build a relationship bridge to a new coach.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why we haven't been able to recruit better on D with Don Brown being such a great coach to play for and so much success on the field and getting his players to the NFL.

You gotta believe the jury's still out on that bro... Our D has been an extreme strong point for us.. The offense has been horrendous... The D will have it's bad moments, but not many... More of Coach Brown's kids will see the field this coming season so we'll really get a chance to see how the D starts to pan out minus Edsall's kids...I think we'll be even better on D.. That front 7 will be formidable... Question marks are at CB spots at this point...

Reaction Score
You gotta believe the jury's still out on that bro... Our D has been an extreme strong point for us.. The offense has been horrendous... The D will have it's bad moments, but not many... More of Coach Brown's kids will see the field this coming season so we'll really get a chance to see how the D starts to pan out minus Edsall's kids...I think we'll be even better on D.. That front 7 will be formidable... Question marks are at CB spots at this point...

The problem is youth. No starting experience. I think Hadley and Williams have a chance to be good CB's. They both look quite impressive on tape and have good measurables. Should be fun to watch moving forward. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Hes a prep year kid who committed to ecu and signed and then couldnt qualify so he went to prep school. Hes kept a soft verbal to ecu the whole time but he has big boys after him like vt and uva. We recently offered.

Im thinking he may be another reach for us lookjng at dbs.

Good stuff on McLaughlin bro.. Found his '12 profile on rivals ( http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut...hlin-124034;_ylt=AoJ3AsgeQqUP55VfaB6IseUDrpB4 )

He'd be a HUGE get to help solidify that OL...

Reaction Score
The problem is youth. No starting experience. I think Hadley and Williams have a chance to be good CB's. They both look quite impressive on tape and have good measurables. Should be fun to watch moving forward. Time will tell.

Excited about those two as well bro... Hopefully they can come in and take control of the spots EARLY in the evaluation process before game 1 in '13

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Does anyone have any more info on McDonald besides the Rivals page? I'd love to find out more about this guy...

Reaction Score
Whitehead would add immediate impact on ST's for sure. He may add something to the passing game as well. Appears to be a really good return man at the very least.

Reaction Score
Andrew Matos (WR/Ansonia) is starting to get D1 interest. He holds an offer from Stonybrook. CCSU is very high on him, but Iowa and BC have jumped in. I heard Addazio liked him at the Temple Camp so not surprising.

Reaction Score
Andrew Matos (WR/Ansonia) is starting to get D1 interest. He holds an offer from Stonybrook. CCSU is very high on him, but Iowa and BC have jumped in. I heard Addazio liked him at the Temple Camp so not surprising.

How was he as a linebacker? COuld see him develop into an H Back at the D 1 level that contributes on specials. Seems like more of a 1-AA guy as a WR.

Reaction Score
Don't be surprised if he heads to Milford Academy to increase his stock and visibility. Then, enroll somewhere in January to participate in Spring practice.

He won't be on the defensive side of the ball at the next level. At 6'1, 200 with 4.4 speed, somebody will see his highlight film and give him a shot.

Reaction Score
According to ‘247’ UConn has offered Darnell Phillips, a 6’2” 240lbs TE, from Abraham Lincoln HS in Brooklyn NY…. (Rutgers has also offered). That’s all I know…. Can’t find any film yet…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom