11am Start and 6am Tailgate? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

11am Start and 6am Tailgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So CBS, just made these times up? You know more about the times than one of the networks, who will cover the games and is spending money to do so. And this makes complete sense to you - it's a great country!

Dear genius: football start times fall into two windows. Most are announced 13 days prior, some are held for 6. So until they are known they seem to be using 11:11.

AAC games are owned by ESPN who sublet some games to CBS SN. The ESPN windows on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN News all have noon, 3:30 and 7-8 start times. CBS uses 12, 3:30 and 7:00.

UConn and Army is a CBS game and wait for it.... a noon kickoff.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Chief...at this point you have 3 options....

A....my bad...I took that schedule as gospel and didn't realize that it really was "tbd" and not "11:11"
B...just say "HAHAHAHAH!"...I can't believe you guys thought i was serious!
C...disappear and pretend this thread never existed.

My guess is you pick #3. The scary thing is you should have picked option 3 about 5 of your posts ago. You should pick option # 1, but that never happens in "Forum-land".

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

A....my bad...I took that schedule as gospel and didn't realize that it really was "tbd" and not "11:11"

My guess is you pick #3. The scary thing is you should have picked option 3 about 5 of your posts ago. You should pick option # 1, but that never happens in "Forum-land".

Upon further review...I just realized you have exercised the "nelson approach". Continue to defend your point despite overwhelming information that contradicts your opinion. Now if you want to fully activate the "nelson approach", you have to now make it personal. You know...say things like "if you don't understand XXX then I just don't know what to tell you". Then get more personal...."this is typical of the lack of value you bring to this board". then....go for the jugular..."I am not going to bother continuing to discuss this with someone this stupid".

pj

Reaction Score
I don't get the problem with a 6 am tailgate. What, you guys aren't willing to stay up late for UConn football?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You are trying to make sense to the poster that put on the board that he was at a UConn basketball game with Andre and the . The same night Andre was in another state posting pictures of himself on Instagram.

C

Chief00

I have never seen so many people in denial of reality - It's 11:11am - subject to change of course - but not likely!

Reaction Score
I have never seen so many people in denial of reality - It's 11:11am - subject to change of course - but not likely!

There is only one person in denial, but let's play some more:

FSU - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=583&teamAbbr=FSU&platform=webapp (FSU @ Clemson - 11:11 kick-off)

USC - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=877&teamAbbr=USC&platform=webapp (USC @ Oregon - 11:11 kick-off)

ND - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=753&teamAbbr=ND&platform=webapp (ND @ Stanford @ 11:11a)

P-L-A-C-E-H-O-L-D-E-R ---- yes, of course all those times are subject to change as well.

You win the Tool prize this week.
UConn Toolbox.jpg

Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
There is only one person in denial, but let's play some more: FSU - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=583&teamAbbr=FSU&platform=webapp (FSU @ Clemson - 11:11 kick-off) USC - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=877&teamAbbr=USC&platform=webapp (USC @ Oregon - 11:11 kick-off) ND - http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=753&teamAbbr=ND&platform=webapp (ND @ Stanford @ 11:11a) P-L-A-C-E-H-O-L-D-E-R ---- yes, of course all those times are subject to change as well. You win the Tool prize this week.

#micdrop

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Who cares...so what if he's right or wrong? Leave the guy alone jeez. At the end of the day we all find ourselves somehow attached to the wasteland that is a uconn football message board

Reaction Score
What's up withe 10:15 start for the BYU game? Really alienates the families with small children.

Reaction Score
Some of you "fans" just don't understand how the business side works, quite frankly. And I am the first one to say there is no reason why you should understand it since you are loyal fans and take things at face value.
Do you really think when UConn sells basketball tickets; they don't already know which games are at XL vs Gampel? Over the years there are cases of posters finding the location on the opponent's website before UConn announces it. UConn never discloses this until the season ticket renewal order period is over since if OSU or GT is not at a location someone may not buy the package.
The same holds true for TBD for football - there may not be a 100% guarantee that's the time due to teams that surprise and challenge for league titles - but the TV contracts are understood in terms of time slots and the AAC's is 11am. From a business perspective why that amazes anyone speaks for itself - given where the conference is in the pecking order.

Bump.

Reaction Score
Wow. I'm sure it's possible for someone to have been more wrong and obnoxious than in this thread. But I'm having trouble imagining how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom