11am Start and 6am Tailgate? | The Boneyard

11am Start and 6am Tailgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

So am I correct the big carrot UConn threw the season ticket holders was an extra hour of tailgating - so with the 11am game start its 6am. Wow - that's a selling point!

So much for getting fannies in the seats by kickoff. So much for mix messages.

Reaction Score
So am I correct the big carrot UConn threw the season ticket holders was an extra hour of tailgating - so with the 11am game start its 6am. Wow - that's a selling point!

Um....what home game starts at 11: 00 am?

The Mizzu game is at 11am CST. But that is an away game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the Chief this upset about the FB program since they announced plans to build a parking garage at The Rent 10 years ago.

Reaction Score

If you are going to be a Debbie Downer, at least get your facts straight! When they announced the extra hour of tailgate time, I thought it was a step in the right direction for season ticket holders. I also know there would be no reason to start tailgating for the occasional noon games at 7am, though we are always there for 8am. Evidently, you just figured this out.

Is it a prerequisite to be a Boneyarder that you have to bitch about SOMETHING?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So it's not a requirement to show up five hours early? Even if the gates open five hours before the game you are still allowed to show up four hours before the game? So confusing. Calgon take me back to the simple problems of two trains leave New York and LA and ............

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Aircraft club would allow me to camp out overnight......hmmmmm I may look into that.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I'll have to get up pretttttyyyy early to get drunk by 11 a.m.

Challenge accepted.
i'll be in Columbia MO and working hard to have a few in me by game time, that is for sure...

C

Chief00

Did not realize it was not public knowledge yet but the AAC will have pre noon games.

I do agree many SEC schools allow overnight tailgating for RV's - that would be an interesting experiment at The Rent.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hey anytime we can do some extra tailgating, I'm game! We deserve it after enduring these last handful of years of missery leaving The Rent on Saturdays anyway. Plus, for noon kickoffs, it'll be nice to get there at 7:30am, do breakfast, then lunch before heading into the stadium.

Reaction Score
Did not realize it was not public knowledge yet but the AAC will have pre noon games.

I do agree many SEC schools allow overnight tailgating for RV's - that would be an interesting experiment at The Rent.

B1G did 11 a.m. starts a few seasons ago if memory serves. I don't know that this is going to be true for the AAC, but if it is I don't see what the issue is. It's one hour early in the day.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, students don't get to Noon or earlier Rent games. When stadium is on campus that time works better. I get up early too - but I am looking at it from a business perspective.

Reaction Score

You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO plugged in!!!!!!!!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The game that first got me hooked on college football (Nebraska-Oklahoma 1971) was televised beginning at 11:00 am EST (which meant a 10:00 am kickoff in Norman Ok) the day after Thanksgiving.

About a half dozen years ago (I believe) ESPN televised a handful of instances of fans preparing for tailgating, including one family that was shown (from Tennessee) preparing their SUV to depart from home at 2:00 am for a 3 1/2 hour drive to Knoxville for the game. Believe it or not schools that have legitimate fan bases don't mind putting some effort into attending games. One of the things our fans need to realize is that for big-time college football (which we want to believe we are a part of) a home football game is an all day commitment. It should not be that big of a deal when you factor in that it is six or seven days out of an entire year.

I don't think there are many places that you can live in Connecticut where it would take longer to get to the Rent than my house but my only complaints have been that the lots should be open far longer than they are.

We have a thread on this board complaining about conference mates playing on Thanksgiving. This is a ridiculous complaint when you consider that (shy of the B-10) most P-5 conferences have schools that had played their traditional rival on Thanksgiving for some stretch of time.

We need to b!tch less about the inconveniences if we want to pretend we belong in a better conference.

Reaction Score
We have a thread on this board complaining about conference mates playing on Thanksgiving. This is a ridiculous complaint when you consider that (shy of the B-10) most P-5 conferences have schools that had played their traditional rival on Thanksgiving for some stretch of time.

We need to b!tch less about the inconveniences if we want to pretend we belong in a better conference.

If you're talking about the UCF game thread? Nobody is complaining about playing on Thanksgiving.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you're talking about the UCF game thread? Nobody is complaining about playing on Thanksgiving.

Below is from that thread:
Who cares about the people that actually attend the games right? It's not like any of them have anything to do on Thanksgiving.

We've reached the point where we are now b!tching by proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom