11am Start and 6am Tailgate? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

11am Start and 6am Tailgate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Below is from that thread:

We've reached the point where we are now b!tching by proxy.

That's not b!tching. It's a valid concern. Also, the post you quoted was preceded by the following statement in the same exact post:

Nobody said it's a bad thing. It's just not a big deal. Certainly nothing to celebrate Mike Aresco for - Will you move this Friday game to Thursday? Sure?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll go if we play at home on Thanksgiving but come on it's a pretty big pain in the arse for a lot of people.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
I'll go if we play at home on Thanksgiving but come on it's a pretty big pain in the arse for a lot of people.

I would go. We gave up traditional thanksgiving a long time ago after both Patriarchs died.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
UConn and Rutgers played at 10am on Thanksgiving in 2004, it's not optimal to play before noon but not completely unheard of.

Reaction Score
Is it a prerequisite to be a Boneyarder that you have to bitch about SOMETHING?
Yes, so I'll officially complain about returning to the U.S. and being subjected to far too many food options, grocery stores with ship loads of multiple brands, easily accessed great wine, and ridiculous numbers of college football games to watch. Oh, and the 1 or 2 night time NFL televised games a week which won't be available my next evening in abridged, 2 hour, highlight-packed versions. Yup, I'll actually miss the advertisement-less, briefer NFL games yet not the uneventful 1-2 yard runs or losses. Whine over! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, the TV guys already know the times - see below link. Navy, South Fl and Houston have 11:11,am starting times - sure these could change due to some factor but probably unlikely.

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=545&teamAbbr=UCONN&platform=webapp

You really don't realize those are placeholders for the "TBA games"??

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Gametracker?gId=2168251&platform=webapp

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Gametracker?gId=2168571&platform=webapp

Reaction Score
So am I correct the big carrot UConn threw the season ticket holders was an extra hour of tailgating - so with the 11am game start its 6am. Wow - that's a selling point!

So much for getting fannies in the seats by kickoff. So much for mix messages.

You are just embarrassing yourself....again.

This was the OP. Now go back and look at your responses. Yeesh....

C

Chief00

Trying to break this to you gently - this is the time unless something unusual happens - like an undefeated UConn and an undefeated Houston playing each other in a late season prime time game - yeah we all would love that game to happen - but what you call a placeholder is most likely pretty much reality in UConn's case.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Trying to break this to you gently - this is the time unless something unusual happens - like an undefeated UConn and an undefeated Houston playing each other in a late season prime time game - yeah we all would love that game to happen - but what you call a placeholder is most likely pretty much reality in UConn's case.
Craziness! CBS must be part of the conspiracy or have some crazy unnamed sources. When I click this link

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/conn-m-footbl-sched.html

UConn still tells TBA for those games...something must be up!:eek:

Reaction Score

You are hopelessly lost. Your best move is not post in this thread and just hope it goes away quietly.

Reaction Score

How about everyone else's case?

So SMU is going to play Tulane on 10/31@ 11:11a EST (10:11 CDT)?? http://m.cbssports.com/s/36901/Schedule?teamId=807&teamAbbr=SMU&platform=webapp

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/aac/2015-smu-mustangs-football-schedule.php

Time for you to go to bed Chief. You used your allotted brain cells for the day.

C

Chief00

How about everyone else's case?

So SMU is going to play Tulane on 10/31@ 11:11a EST (10:11 CDT)?? SMU Mustangs News, Scores, Status, Schedule - College Football

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/aac/2015-smu-mustangs-football-schedule.php

Time for you to go to bed Chief. You used your allotted brain cells for the day.

The CBS schedule is consistent with the TV contract and is precisely specific 11:11am - true it's subject to change - but not likely for these games

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Some of you "fans" just don't understand how the business side works, quite frankly. And I am the first one to say there is no reason why you should understand it since you are loyal fans and take things at face value.
Do you really think when UConn sells basketball tickets; they don't already know which games are at XL vs Gampel? Over the years there are cases of posters finding the location on the opponent's website before UConn announces it. UConn never discloses this until the season ticket renewal order period is over since if OSU or GT is not at a location someone may not buy the package.
The same holds true for TBD for football - there may not be a 100% guarantee that's the time due to teams that surprise and challenge for league titles - but the TV contracts are understood in terms of time slots and the AAC's is 11am. From a business perspective why that amazes anyone speaks for itself - given where the conference is in the pecking order.

Last edited by a moderator:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I mean... When you are this wrong, then you double and triple down on the stupidity... If you are so sure these games will start at 11am then put a wager on it. Then when it's not 11am I'm sure you'll make up some excuse why it doesn't count.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I mean... When you are this wrong, then you double and triple down on the stupidity... If you are so sure these games will start at 11am then put a wager on it. Then when it's not 11am I'm sure you'll make up some excuse why it doesn't count.

It's the Roger Goodell strategy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes the same contract that was in place last year and had no 11 am games.

He's clearly just moved into troll mode - nobody who can turn on this computer is this dumb.

C

Chief00

Yes the same contract that was in place last year and had no 11 am games.

He's clearly just moved into troll mode - nobody who can turn on this computer is this dumb.

So CBS, just made these times up? You know more about the times than one of the networks, who will cover the games and is spending money to do so. And this makes complete sense to you - it's a great country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom