0-2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The point about Spygate seems moot in the sense that Spying helps the offense (and everyone does it and it's actually legal to do it if you film from a booth instead of a sideline) and since the Patriots offense has improved 100% since Spygate, you're going to have to explain to me how the Patriots offense is worse now that it's not spying.

Or, maybe they are spying--LEGALLY. They could still be doing it, since it's legal to do it from on high.

The defense had nothing to do with Spygate, and you'll find that the major difference between the Patriots SB teams and the current Patriots is the D. Back then, they didn't have the 31st defense in the league.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Patriots were the better team. If Welker catches ball Giants lose. Giants fumbled three times, one recovery by Pats, Giants lose. After game Giants show zero class, never mentioning Pat's effort. Belichick is all class complimenting Giants.
If Evans holds onto the ball the Giants wouls have been playing the Ravens yesterday.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And if Kyle Williams doesn't catch a punt with his knees instead of his hands, it'd have been Patriots/49ers. Either team could have easily been swapped out for its conference championship opponent.

Reaction Score
And if Kyle Williams doesn't catch a punt with his knees instead of his hands, it'd have been Patriots/49ers. Either team could have easily been swapped out for its conference championship opponent.

Its a game of inches

Reaction Score
"If Welker catches ball Giants lose".
"If Evans holds onto the ball the Giants would have been playing the Ravens yesterday".

Sorry to prolong the discussion but they are not comparable events. Evans had the ball dislodged by a defender, while Welker was all alone and simply dropped the ball. All he had to do was catch it. That's a big difference.

Reaction Score
"If Welker catches ball Giants lose".
"If Evans holds onto the ball the Giants would have been playing the Ravens yesterday".

Sorry to prolong the discussion but they are not comparable events. Evans had the ball dislodged by a defender, while Welker was all alone and simply dropped the ball. All he had to do was catch it. That's a big difference.
Thanks Gisele, but it really was a sh!tty pass.

Reaction Score
OMIGOD. This thread is useless without pictures of Gisele now.

I had no idea she knew so much about football! She knows almost as much as Craig James.

Reaction Score
And that is no small feat since the number of idiotic discussions on this board is incalculable by the most advanced mathematicians.

edit - and I should know since I tend to gravitate to idiotic discussions.
2440, give or take a couple.

Reaction Score
also have Manninghams dropped pass that would have put the ball on the Pats 10 yard line and they most likely make it 16-0 at that point of the game and the phantom holding call on Boothe on the previous play. Giants had the chance to take control of the game early but they like to make it exciting for some reason. Both teams had more heart then all the other teams in the NFL, and smartest teams as well.

Reaction Score
Eli plays football because his family wants him to. He is no warrior. Coughlin knows that.

Reese does a masterful job of putting the right players around Eli. Is Reese going to the HoF? He deserves it more than Eli.

Possibly the dumbest post in the history of the Boneyard . . .

Reaction Score
After game Giants show zero class, never mentioning Pat's effort. Belichick is all class complimenting Giants.

Do you realize you're lying? Is it on purpose or done out of ignorance?

Reaction Score
Yep holding up a superbowl trophy is classless your supposed to be dissapointed.

Reaction Score
also have Manninghams dropped pass that would have put the ball on the Pats 10 yard line and they most likely make it 16-0 at that point of the game and the phantom holding call on Boothe on the previous play. Giants had the chance to take control of the game early but they like to make it exciting for some reason. Both teams had more heart then all the other teams in the NFL, and smartest teams as well.

I'm not getting on you for this, but I heard a lot of Giants fans really complaining about a phantom holding call.

First he held him because he turned Wilfork inside and spun him while Jacobs ran right by him. But if it wasn't called, you might have noticed a Patriots holding call during a crucial play on the very next Patriot series. It set the Patriots back as well. Was it a hold? Yes, arm across the neck. But it was exactly the same type of hold the Giants executed against Brandon Deadrick earlier in the game which they showed on replay three times (but curiously enough no one commented). No flag. I've heard Giants fans say the refs were favoring New England based on the lack of PI called on the Boothe hold, but it seems crazy for them to say that.

Reaction Score
who cares if the winner applauds the loser? if there's a more worthless, empty gesture i can't come up with it. what's next, are you going to complain that a player said he gave it only 100% instead of 110%?

Reaction Score
The organization isn't overrated, this years team was overrated. They played the Giants during the regular season, they knew and were familiar with their opponent.

Brady/Belichek are 0-3 against the Giants in 4 meetings since the 2007 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3-1

Reaction Score
We've all seen some stupid posts on this board, but this thread is full of some of dumbest. Coughlin and Manning were highly complimentary of the Pats. Can't say that Hernandez and Welker completely choked on those dropped passes despite what Gisele said, since I thought Spider Lockhard tipped both of those balls.

Reaction Score
We've all seen some stupid posts on this board, but this thread is full of some of dumbest. Coughlin and Manning were highly complimentary of the Pats. Can't say that Hernandez and Welker completely choked on those dropped passes despite what Gisele said, since I thought Spider Lockhard tipped both of those balls.

It was better for Hernandez to drop that ball there. She has a point about Welker, IMO, and I can't understand why she said anything, but you know, you have a camera trained on you a lot, and sometimes in such a moment you say something stupid. Someone this morning laughed at Brady for welling up when he walked outside onto the bus, but that was one and a half hours after the game, and I just read that for the entire 1 1/2 hours, he had a camera trained on him. These people aren't superhuman. It's one thing to pull it together for a press conference as he did. It's quite another not to react for and entire 1 1/2 hours especially when your wife comes up to console you. I guess he could have brushed her off, but then we'd be hearing about another controversy if he had done that.

Reaction Score
I'm not getting on you for this, but I heard a lot of Giants fans really complaining about a phantom holding call.

First he held him because he turned Wilfork inside and spun him while Jacobs ran right by him. But if it wasn't called, you might have noticed a Patriots holding call during a crucial play on the very next Patriot series. It set the Patriots back as well. Was it a hold? Yes, arm across the neck. But it was exactly the same type of hold the Giants executed against Brandon Deadrick earlier in the game which they showed on replay three times (but curiously enough no one commented). No flag. I've heard Giants fans say the refs were favoring New England based on the lack of PI called on the Boothe hold, but it seems crazy for them to say that.

For the most part the officials let the players decide the outcome of the game by just letting them play. Did I say the refs favored NE? Im saying there are always what ifs for both teams, and dont tell me JPP wasnt getting held at all, honestly holding occurs about 70 percent of the time. Bottom line Giants were just the better team all around and they beat the Pats in Foxboro this year which was the pats last loss prior to sb 46. The word luck is the most overused term in sports its merit its sports a contact sport not a fashion show its not supposed to be pretty. Luck is winning the lottery. Was it luck when Uconn come from behind to beat Duke by double digits in the 04 final four? Did Uconn just get lucky to win their 3 national championships?

Reaction Score
For the most part the officials let the players decide the outcome of the game by just letting them play. Did I say the refs favored NE? Im saying there are always what ifs for both teams, and dont tell me JPP wasnt getting held at all, honestly holding occurs about 70 percent of the time. Bottom line Giants were just the better team all around and they beat the Pats in Foxboro this year which was the pats last loss prior to sb 46. The word luck is the most overused term in sports its merit its sports a contact sport not a fashion show its not supposed to be pretty. Luck is winning the lottery. Was it luck when Uconn come from behind to beat Duke by double digits in the 04 final four? Did Uconn just get lucky to win their 3 national championships?

Uh, I wasn't getting on you, and I didn't say JPP wasn't getting held. I said the Patriots had as much reason to complain (or not complain). Heck, Trent Dilfer and Steve Young were up at arms about the safety call. Regardless, Giants made the plays and were the better team on Sunday and that's all that counts. The Super Bowl is just one game.

Reaction Score
Going by the rule book, that was a legitimate safety. As stupid as it sounds. And I am a Patriots fan, too. This game was ours to be had. Brady has been exposed for lacking a long pass. If we stuck with short passes, we would have won.

Reaction Score
Possibly the dumbest post in the history of the Boneyard . . .
If you care about the history of a message board, you need to seek out new hobbies . . .

Reaction Score
Somewhere....I get the feeling that JaNyCe is sitting back with a big old grin on his face.

Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99