0-2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

0-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mind boggling post. Up on the stage I swear I heard a couple of references to the Pats. Coughlin went out of his way to give props to Belichick and the Pats. This sounds like your typical sour grapes post.

I stopped reading at the Patriots were the better team. You should have too, lol.

Again, I'm a Giants fan with nothing but the utmost respect for the Patriots.

Reaction Score
They shouldn't have been favored at all when their record breaking tightend was less than 100%. This same tight end torched the Giants when the played in the regular season. And they were beat by the team this same team already at home? Wouldn't favoring them be overrating them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15-3 vs 12-7. No, making them a 2.5 favorite wasn't overrating them.

Reaction Score
Furthermore, the Giants needed some last minute heroics to win the game. With a minute left, the Patriots had a 2 point lead.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Furthermore, the Giants needed some last minute heroics to win the game. With a minute left, the Patriots had a 2 point lead.

A dubya's a dubya

Reaction Score
A dubya's a dubya

That's not the point. You said the book overrated the Patriots by making them a 2.5 point favorite. They had a 2 point lead with a minute to play. You don't see how wrong that makes you?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The final score of the game is the point, not the score during the last minute.

Like I said, the Patriots shouldn't have been favored. Their best offensive threat had been injured and wasn't 100% and they lost at home to this same team during the regular season.

The Patriots had the better record than the Giants but the Giants had the better record against them going into the game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Patriots were the better team. If Welker catches ball Giants lose. Giants fumbled three times, one recovery by Pats, Giants lose. After game Giants show zero class, never mentioning Pat's effort. Belichick is all class complimenting Giants.
Riiiiight....

Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS
By blowing off nbc postgame, mr. hoodie solidified his place in the Poor Sports Hall of Fame. #congrats
Retweeted by John Silver
Pete Abraham @PeteAbe
Lame behavior for supposed leaders // RT @RapSheet: Patriots DT Vince Wilfork and LT Matt Light did not speak with the media following #SB46
Retweeted by Jeff Jacobs

Reaction Score
Eli plays football because his family wants him to. He is no warrior. Coughlin knows that.

Reese does a masterful job of putting the right players around Eli. Is Reese going to the HoF? He deserves it more than Eli.

Reaction Score
Eli plays football because his family wants him to. He is no warrior. Coughlin knows that.

Reese does a masterful job of putting the right players around Eli. Is Reese going to the HoF? He deserves it more than Eli.

Huh? This thread is getting more bizarre by the minute.

Reaction Score

Wow. Because I don't have anything nice to say, I'll refrain. But wow.

Reaction Score
This is a discussion that seems to not want or warrant another response. It was started by making a bad connection between 2 unrelated points. Kind of like saying the Lions haven't won since the AFC was formed. Almost everyone is ignoring what the others are saying on this thread. So, ....................................

I am not a fan of either team. One could argue neither team deserved to be there, but guess what, they were. And I think most folks would say tthis was not the best Pats team to make the SB, this was a Giants team lucky to make the playoffs and, most importantly, this was a Giants team that got healthy and hot at just the right time. It was a very entertaining game played between 2 really good teams. It was a good follow on to the championship games played 2 weeks prior.

My guess is that the real point of this thread was to gloat the Giants won. I don't think it was intended to embark on a discussion as to what ifs or classiness of either team, each of whom is held in high regard by most folks.

Reaction Score
The final score of the game is the point, not the score during the last minute.

Like I said, the Patriots shouldn't have been favored. Their best offensive threat had been injured and wasn't 100% and they lost at home to this same team during the regular season.

The Patriots had the better record than the Giants but the Giants had the better record against them going into the game.

Remember that the spread is not a predictor of the outcome of the game. It is merely a line that allows the house to keep half of the money on each side of the ledger. The spread for this game did not change much from the opening line to game time. Appears the house had a pretty good feel for where the money was going to be on the game.

Reaction Score
It's the truth. Didn't you see him get all shaky in the second quarter? The dude used to pout a lot more.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Patriots were the better team. If Welker catches ball Giants lose. Giants fumbled three times, one recovery by Pats, Giants lose. After game Giants show zero class, never mentioning Pat's effort. Belichick is all class complimenting Giants.
So if Welker doesn't drop a pass the Pats win and if the Patriots were able to recover a fumble the Pats win. This makes them the better team? Maybe if they were the better team they would have made those plays?

Reaction Score
The organization isn't overrated, this years team was overrated. They played the Giants during the regular season, they knew and were familiar with their opponent.

Brady/Belichek are 0-3 against the Giants in 4 meetings since the 2007 season.

Using this logic the Redskins > Giants. They defeated them twice this year.

Reaction Score
this is hands down one of the more idiotic discussions i've read on this board. Vegas was one point away from hitting the nail exactly on the head in terms of score. does anyone really go down the entire box score every monday and say "vegas overrated these guys, underrated these guys, etcetera" after every game? it was a good, close game. each team had opportunities. each team made some of them, and blew some of them. if anyone thinks the result of any particular game is 100% definitive in it's meaning you should try to explain to me why most teams split when they play twice in a year and why LSU lost the championship.

the teams were obviously evenly matched, but the Giants made more plays yesterday. there's really nothing more to say so i really don't understand how we got to 3 pages.....of course my two cents don't help the matter

Reaction Score
As a pat fan, the welker drop was a stab in the gut. The manningham catch pushed the knife in further. I had no confidence in that defense making a stop after the Manningham play. That defense needs a shutdown corner, a pass rusher, and a playmaker at safety. Can't put it all on Brady's shoulders to pull you through every time.

Only bright spot is that the Pats are a young team. They're going to be contending for the next few years but that defense as currently constituted aint matching up with Brees, Rodgers, or Eli favorably.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
What the heck were you watching?

The Patriots are a very good team but to minimize the Giants and what they did sounds like sour grapes to me. Going by what you said then how did the Giants beat Green Bay and San Francisco on the road and both team were superior to the Patriots during the year.

You win the games on the field and without excuses, because it comes down to who executes when it matters. The Giant's did just that.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

He is no warrior. Did you see the San Fran game by chance. If so how can you say he isn't a warrior. He loves football and you would know that if you knew anything about Elisha Manning.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Using this logic the Redskins > Giants. They defeated them twice this year.

Who won at the end of the year and is Super Bowl champion. Tired of arguing you with a Steeler fan who has a hard on for Eli for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
this is hands down one of the more idiotic discussions i've read on this board.
And that is no small feat since the number of idiotic discussions on this board is incalculable by the most advanced mathematicians.

edit - and I should know since I tend to gravitate to idiotic discussions.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

This has to be sarcasm. Nobody can be this dumb.

Reaction Score
Patriots are sorely overrated, Brady gives the defense two points and a hail Mary interceptions and NE fans are still saying the Patriots were the better team! LOL

It's a good thing the game is played on the field instead of the of the minds delusioned New England fans.

So, if the Patriots are giving points and stupid interceptions, that means they are overrated? Shouldn't it be the reverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom