zags:Malik Newman in No Rush to Make a Decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

zags:Malik Newman in No Rush to Make a Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Kid is a fantastic player but if he was able to earn $2 million like Mudiay for a year abroad, who could blame him for taking it? That's a much better deal than a year in college. He can save the money and go to college later if he wants to.

Reaction Score
Yes, and especially if he communicates with Mudiay and understands the process and such. Could become commonplace and at that point the NBA will have to rethink its rule.

Kid is a fantastic player but if he was able to earn $2 million like Mudiay for a year abroad, who could blame him for taking it? That's a much better deal than a year in college. He can save the money and go to college later if he wants to.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes, and especially if he communicates with Mudiay and understands the process and such. Could become commonplace and at that point the NBA will have to rethink its rule.

Or he might hear from Mudiay that China sucks arse. Never know.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing.
Add me to that list. I'd love to land him but if that were to happen it won't be till spring. So KO is going to take the 4 to 5 best recruits that fill what he needs. If he's still available and interested, and we still have room, take him.

Reaction Score
Newman has been playing AAU & International ball all summer long. Give the kid a break. While I'd love for him to commit, he needs time to decide what's best for him, not for us. This is probably his last "free" summer for the rest of his life. Some of us take it personal, but it's his time, nor ours. I don't think anything he's doing is trying to extra attract attention. He's like 17 years old. Let him have fun with it. He seems pretty smart & beats to his own drum, rather than the media's expectations. That's the way it should be. Too many of us are caught up in the social media aspect of it & making judgments on his character (along with other recruits). When he wants to commit, it's on him, not us. I'd love him at UConn, but I won't hate him for going elsewhere... None of us know him personally, so we don't know his thoughts.

Reaction Score
Newman hasn't even talked about his recruitment. Reading into his thought process is very stupid when he has been so quiet. There are tons of kids you could point to that are trying to drum up interest and publicity but I wouldn't include him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom