Zags: Larrier Enjoys UConn Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags: Larrier Enjoys UConn Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt . Not sure where we stand with abu. Hearing from acouple of places we have ground to make up with abu..

Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt . Not sure where we stand with abu. Hearing from acouple of places we have ground to make up with abu..

Ugh. Man, that Gottfried really swayed him?

4 games on prime networks per year. He's going to get buried.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Abu came here. We don't seem to fare well with kids who turn their recruitment into a circus.

Reaction Score
I would be shocked if Abu came here. We don't seem to fare well with kids who turn their recruitment into a circus.

So you're saying Abu is coming here.

Reaction Score
Just heard a lot of what zag said from a few different places..

Not sure why someone says abu recruitment is a circus?

Q: Is your comment about Abu similar? Just what you're gleaning from the internet?

Because there are people all over the place saying NC State and Florida, including Jerry Meyer, Borzello, Eric Bossi. But no one has great confidence. Or does your info come from more local sources?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can decipher where they stand with Abu, since he's revealed nothing - not even the unintentional hints that characterized the Perkins interviews late in his recruitment. I give him a lot of credit, he's a master at the diplomatic response. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

caw

Reaction Score

It's only a circus because noone knows where he is going, no one has a clue which of the final four schools is best positioned.

Reaction Score
Q: Is your comment about Abu similar? Just what you're gleaning from the internet?

Because there are people all over the place saying NC State and Florida, including Jerry Meyer, Borzello, Eric Bossi. But no one has great confidence. Or does your info come from more local sources?

My connections are local regional and national reporters who chat with me via email/text off the record. Also chat with some aau coaches and guys who go to most of the big tournament over the summer. sometimes I chat with 2 uconn midlevel booster and mods for different tos boards who also write articles.

Reaction Score
AMA not happening. TL - Maybe, but will be down to wire w/. VCU.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If we miss on AMA, what are the chances we get both Larrier and White?

Reaction Score
If we miss on AMA, what are the chances we get both Larrier and White?

All I know is that one of Larrier, White and Robinson are going to commit.

The first one who does gets the scholarship.

Reaction Score
If we lose Abu to Florida, I'd understand. If we lose him to Providence, I would think of it as a bad decision, but I could at least understand the temptation - PC has something nice brewing and at the very least, Cooley seems like a genuinely nice guy that nobody has said a bad word about. N.C. State, though? That would baffle me. C.J. Leslie committed there three years ago as a five star power forward, improved marginally over his three years there, and recently went undrafted. Rodney Purvis committed there as a five star shooting guard last season and grew so frustrated that he transferred after one season even though he could have been their best player this season. Toxic is probably too strong a word to use to describe the environment down there, but if you commit there, you're signing up to play for a coach with no track record of getting kids to the league, a team that is going to be the third best school in the state at best in any given year, and a mid-tier ACC program that displays no inklings of competing for a title any time soon. I just don't understand the appeal.

Reaction Score
Agree with champs. I can't see any reason why he, or anyone of his caliber, would
go to NCST. I don't want to completely bad mouth them, by who's their best player in the league, JJ Hickson?

Reaction Score
If we lose Abu to Florida, I'd understand. If we lose him to Providence, I would think of it as a bad decision, but I could at least understand the temptation - PC has something nice brewing and at the very least, Cooley seems like a genuinely nice guy that nobody has said a bad word about. N.C. State, though? That would baffle me. C.J. Leslie committed there three years ago as a five star power forward, improved marginally over his three years there, and recently went undrafted. Rodney Purvis committed there as a five star shooting guard last season and grew so frustrated that he transferred after one season even though he could have been their best player this season. Toxic is probably too strong a word to use to describe the environment down there, but if you commit there, you're signing up to play for a coach with no track record of getting kids to the league, a team that is going to be the third best school in the state at best in any given year, and a mid-tier ACC program that displays no inklings of competing for a title any time soon. I just don't understand the appeal.

Also, you had a player who left the NC State program back in Nov and trashed Gottfried on Twitter, and TJ Warren retweeted the tweet. I don't get it, but then again dude keeps pulling in elite recruit after recruit so he seems to know what he's doing in that aspect.

Reaction Score

I'm saying it's a circus because I believe the Abu/Terrell camp is purposefully putting out a bunch of misinformation to fuel the speculation on where they are going so that no one will know and their press conference will get the most visibility possible, because that's what is important to them.

Say what you want about Jerry Meyer's ability, or lack there of. He's not intentionally trying to do his job poorly, and he surely knows the more times he changes his predictions, the more he is perceived as an idiot.

I highly doubt he's just randomly waking up and making UCONN his prediction, then PC, then back to UCONN, then Florida. I feel like he has to have what he considers credible information each time, and its seems very odd to get that type of info for 3 different schools unless shenanigans are occurring.

Reaction Score
I'm saying it's a circus because I believe the Abu/Terrell camp is purposefully putting out a bunch of misinformation to fuel the speculation on where they are going so that no one will know and their press conference will get the most visibility possible, because that's what is important to them.

Say what you want about Jerry Meyer's ability, or lack there of. He's not intentionally trying to do his job poorly, and he surely knows the more times he changes his predictions, the more he is perceived as an idiot.

I highly doubt he's just randomly waking up and making UCONN his prediction, then PC, then back to UCONN, then Florida. I feel like he has to have what he considers credible information each time, and its seems very odd to get that type of info for 3 different schools unless shenanigans are occurring.

What misinformation?

How do you know Meyer's sources aren't at the schools themselves?

Reaction Score
As soon as he finds his toes!
I think 5 of his toe nails have a Ram head and the other 5 a Husky head. Could be that close. :D

Lets just hope no Miami Hurricane cheerleaders mess up the process in the mean time! I just hope no hurricane cheerleaders decide to give Terry some Miami head.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think 5 of his toe nails have a Ram head and the other 5 a Husky head. Could be that close. :D

Lets just hope no Miami Hurricane cheerleaders mess up the process in the mean time! I just hope no hurricane cheerleaders decide to give Terry some Miami head.
I hope they give it to him and he still heads UConn's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom