Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
No, he called Mark Cuban an idiot, but I'm still not sure what this had to do with anything.

Yes, and he later was asked about Charlie V, and said he was an idiot, too. It means nothing, though.

Reaction Score
Yes, and he later was asked about Charlie V, and said he was an idiot, too. It means nothing, though.

Westbrook actually said something to the extent that Charlie can watch from his couch now and wait til next year, and durant chimed in that he might not be in the league next year

Reaction Score

No, that didn't happen.

The roles are reversed on the next question, about Charlie Villanueva, who got into it with Westbrook throughout the series, messing with his pregame dance routine and beefing over it for a couple more days. Last night, he tried to get into Westbrook’s head again. It did not work.

Westbrook was clearly delighted to be allowed to answer this one.

“Now he gets to go home, do whatever he needs to do to get ready for next year to sit down and watch 82 more games like he did this year.”

If you didn’t catch it, watch the very end of the video again. Kevin Durant, under his breath, mumbles “he might not even be in the league.”

Well, Charlie Villanueva is dead now. R.I.P.

Nobody called Villanueva an idiot.

http://deadspin.com/kevin-durant-and-russell-westbrook-torch-mark-cuban-and-1773072012

Reaction Score
CV got flamed, he should've have just played his role and enjoyed the view

Reaction Score
Why don't we do everyone a favor and stop posting stupid threads like this?

Reaction Score
IMO...IF ever offered the Laker job @ 6M per + for 6 years or whatever he should take it. We all understand that KO is one of the best role models his daughter will ever find in the male species ect ect...but I bet she wouldn't mind a little LA shopping on a regular basis. Just think Louboutin, Cavalli, Channel!

Guess what though I doubt Christmas comes early for KO! Let's win the freakin AAC Championship next year! Let's do this!

Ever been to Glastonbury ? Believe me she is not hurting for upscale clothing stores.

Reaction Score
Come on Bruce, this is The Boneyard. Since when do we let overwhelming evidence against our argument stop us? It's time to double down and push this thread to 50 pages!

The video was edited?

Reaction Score
Lakers want next coach to be a 'recruiter-in-chief' above all else, SN source says

The Lakers are looking for a coach. But more than Xs and Os, more than establishing a style of play and seeking a developer of young players, the Lakers are looking for a new, “recruiter-in-chief,” as one source said…

“That appears to be the No. 1 priority,” a league source told Sporting News. “It’s not just finding a guy to work with what’s on the roster. They need a coach who can pitch players.”

That’s one reason Connecticut coach Kevin Ollie has become an especially intriguing candidate. Ollie played with 11 different NBA teams in his 13-year career, and developed a reputation for his knowledge of the game and his likeability as a teammate and mentor for younger players. Of course, Ollie’s last NBA stop was Oklahoma City, where he was a teammate to Kevin Durant andRussell Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Bear in mind they're also chasing Calipari for the same reason.

Reaction Score
This thread should be taken down based on the title as it is patently false and tries to mislead. There is no evidence that KO has interest in any job other than the one he holds.

Reaction Score
I don't care how nice LA is, but if KO wanted to coach in the NBA, it would have made more sense to lobby for the OKC job last year than the Lakers this year. Like others have said, the team is a total mess. KD is not going there. At best, they may get a Demarr Derozan and still lose 50 games. Good luck with that.

Reaction Score
I don't care how nice LA is, but if KO wanted to coach in the NBA, it would have made more sense to lobby for the OKC job last year than the Lakers this year. Like others have said, the team is a total mess. KD is not going there. At best, they may get a Demarr Derozan and still lose 50 games. Good luck with that.
But if he goes to OKC, he risks Durant and Westbrook bolting at the end of their deals and being left in a terrible market with no good players. At least if he's in LA he can get guys to come play there because it's the Lakers. Have fun doing that outside of the draft with Oklahoma City.

Reaction Score
But if he goes to OKC, he risks Durant and Westbrook bolting at the end of their deals and being left in a terrible market with no good players. At least if he's in LA he can get guys to come play there because it's the Lakers. Have fun doing that outside of the draft with Oklahoma City.
Its much less of a risk when those guys are under contract with the expectation that Durant will sign a 1 year deal than it is thinking the KD will come to LA. Its simple................no matter who the coach is, KD is not coming to LA. What's also simple is to realize how bad that roster is and how long it will be take to be competitive in the West. LA may be a great city, but that job can potentially be career suicide. This rebuild may last longer than its next coach.

Reaction Score
having a say in personnel while being a coach is a pretty damn good opportunity, you have to wonder though... the lakers , recently, have never been that sort of organization. I doubt a newcomer can come in, with no Lakers connections mind you (kupchak is an ex laker, for instance), and demand the sort of role that Popovich has in making the final decision with roster moves.

No nba coach is going to be a 'recruiter' for players that he didn't have any input on. thats just extra work, unless they are guys you + scouts really like.

Reaction Score
There is questioning if something was a good call or not... Or even saying he made a bad call here or there... Thats all fine. even the best coaches make mistakes, they are human after all. Just like the best players make mistakes and bad plays from time to time, it happens. But there were many here that questions his abilities entirely. Not just a call. But more like see he made a bad call, how can he make a mistake like that? He isnt good at x's and o's ect.. I'm referring to those people. If the shoe fits wear it basically! But yea go search the threads and you'll find me questioning a call here or there at the end of a game. At the end of the day though I still think he is an elite college basketball coach and that we are beyond lucky to have him.

Makes sense. I agree we're lucky to have him...even putting aside the title, the recent recruiting surge, etc., the reality is that it would not be easy to find an elite replacement. I certainly don't see one on the UConn coaching tree. Not going to worry about that until Ollie announces he's leaving, though. We're nowhere close to that stage.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie: Would Take 'Something Very Special' To Leave UConn - Lakers Nation

UConn coach Kevin Ollie said Monday that he has had no contact with the Lakers. He said he will always listen if called but it would take “something very special” to pull him away from UConn.
Katz also noted that Ollie’s family being settled and comfortable where he is at now is a factor:
He added his daughter is in high school and his son is at nearby Fordham and family is very important to him. Ollie was recruiting in Indianapolis over the weekend.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nobody has a damn clue what him or the Lakers are thinking. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom