Zags: Dan Hurley revving up recruiting at UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zags: Dan Hurley revving up recruiting at UConn

Reaction Score
4 years?! Where do people come up with this stuff? He first injured it at the Jordan Brand Classic 2 years ago:

Alterique Gilbert injures shoulder at JBC

Once healthy, he's our starting PG. Period.
He had an injury before that one during his sophomore year. He has had 4 shoulder injuries in 5 years so not sure about he starts. I think we will take it slow with him and personally I'm not counting on him based on his history and that is why I hope we still have 4 other guards to start the season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’d say Adams, Gilbert Polley, Yakwe, and Carlton is our starting lineup.

If Gilbert not ready don’t be surprised to see Wilson to start at the 2 alongside Polley at the 3.

Wilson is a way, way better player than Polley. If he doesn't start at the 3 I will be shocked.

Reaction Score
Wilson is a way, way better player than Polley. If he doesn't start at the 3 I will be shocked.
I want to see how tall he actually is. Someone told me he was closer to 6'4 than 6'7. If that's the case we might see Wilson & Polley out there often.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I want to see how tall he actually is. Someone told me he was closer to 6'4 than 6'7. If that's the case we might see Wilson & Polley out there often.

From the picks I remember seeing of him on instagram 6'4 sounds off. Can't find anything right now but.

You can see him up against Polley a couple times in this clip:

Reaction Score
From the picks I remember seeing of him on instagram 6'4 sounds off. Can't find anything right now but.

Sid looks like a player. Haven't seen too much of him, but he looks smooth and skilled.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

He's in the 6'6 range.

Polley is crazy long, I wonder what his wingspan is.

Reaction Score
I won't rehash how KO did recruiting :rolleyes: while I tell you Dan Hurley and this staff are creating excitement for sure. Seems like they have 6 coaches out there blanketing the country.

Please, don't give the NCAA any ideas............

intlzncster

Reaction Score
EOD, Hurley's gonna put the best talent on the floor. It's not a measurables competition.

Reaction Score
I'm 6' 6 and he's at least my height. He's got big hair so I'm not sure exactly how much taller he is then me but he's definitely not 6'4 (unless he's 6'4 in socks but I seriously doubt it)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are saying he can’t be fired for cause without going through some long process - which isn’t completed yet. Therefore, it’s their position, KO is still the head coach.

Their "Constitutional Rights" claim is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. Should lose on a rule 12(b)(6) motion. I actually took the news of that lawsuit as positive for UConn's position, as it suggests that Ollie's team thinks the "cause" is likely sufficient, and instead of arguing that it is not is arguing that his due process rights were violated when they fired him before having a hearing and demonstrating that cause. But I was at Disney World when it was announced, so may have missed some details.

Reaction Score
I've been very impressed with Hurley thus far, very excited to see him on the sidelines this November
He’s got energy. He also came in and he’s showing he knows what to do.
I’ve been in my industry for over 20 years. When I interview or take a new job, I know how to do it. I can come in and immediately assess changes I need to make to improve things because that’s what I’ve been doing. What I need to learn is culture, organization, etc. And this is what we’re seeing from Hurley - he’s returning us to our culture of winning while keeping his learning of the university quiet and behind the scenes. His impact where we care is front and center. I am really pleased. Can’t wait till next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I wonder what we can expect from Wilson? I mean a long 4* player a year older should be a major contributor, right?

Reaction Score
EOD, Hurley's gonna put the best talent on the floor. It's not a measurables competition.
Has Wilson always been listed as a Guard/Forward like he is now on the UConn athletics website? A lot of people here slotted him in to start at the 4 but i think he'll play a lot more at the 2 than the 4 but mostly at the 3.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Has Wilson always been listed as a Guard/Forward like he is now on the UConn athletics website? A lot of people here slotted him in to start at the 4 but i think he'll play a lot more at the 2 than the 4 but mostly at the 3.

Idk. I just don't see him at the 2 very much at all given our personnel. Personally never saw him as a 4 either, as he's smaller than somebody like Daniels. Given his lesser mobility, I'd put Polley as a stretch 4 over Wilson, if that's what I was going for. I think you could get away with a Wilson/Polley/Carlton front court if that's a matchup you were looking to get against certain lineups.

His fit is quite clearly at the three.

Reaction Score
Idk. I just don't see him at the 2 very much at all given our personnel. Personally never saw him as a 4 either, as he's smaller than somebody like Daniels. Given his lesser mobility, I'd put Polley as a stretch 4 over Wilson, if that's what I was going for. I think you could get away with a Wilson/Polley/Carlton front court if that's a matchup you were looking to get against certain lineups.

His fit is quite clearly at the three.
Yea a lot of people were all hot to have Larrier at the 4 before last season. And then we did. And despite the fact that he rebounds fairly well we still got destroyed inside on both sides of the ball when we went small. Let's try not to live with string beans at the 4. We have Diarra and Yawke who can hold that spot down reasonably well. If you do go stretch, Polly's bigger than Wilson as you say.
*Edit - And Whaley

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom