Zags: Buzz Williams to Texas A&M | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags: Buzz Williams to Texas A&M

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Wow...that’s a Randy Edsall move right there. Way to let the dust settle after your season ending loss.
Now just imagine if A&M fires him after a couple of years and then VT hires him again afterwards.

Reaction Score
Now just imagine if A&M fires him after a couple of years and then VT hires him again afterwards.
I was gonna say, if Buzz was confident this is his last gig, it makes total sense. But he’s not old at all and plenty of potential coaching time left.

But if it isn’t working out in 3 or so years, you’re 50 (yes he’s 46 now if you can believe it) and you’re gonna end up moving back away?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Buzz was born in Greenville, Texas. Got a Masters at Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
Wow. If a mediocre SEC school can lure Buzz away from a decent ACC program...not sure if there’s any hope for any of us in the American.
He’s a native Texan. They all get homesick.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Which raises an interesting question. Say Coach X is under NCAA investigation and School Y hires him. Later NCAA issues a Show Cause Order. Does a Show Cause order merely state that any future school who hires X must show cause why it should be allowed, or does it say that School Y must show cause why it should be allowed to continue to let him coach?

Show cause follows you no matter what. There's nothing done until the penalty is handed down. Doesn't matter if he does or does not have another job.

Ultimately, it means any sanctions and penalties imposed on a coach follow him to the next school, for the length of the penalty as originally mandated by the NCAA. There's a whole monitoring process that occurs for the life of the show cause term.

The new school can meet with the NCAA and 'show cause' why they shouldn't have to suffer the penalties, but I'm not aware if that's ever been granted in MCBB. It would be like the NCAA saying they were wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. If a mediocre SEC school can lure Buzz away from a decent ACC program...not sure if there’s any hope for any of us in the American.
He wants to be able to recruit these kids here in Texas. Its ALOT of basketball talent that comes out of this state.

Reaction Score
He wants to be able to recruit these kids here in Texas. Its ALOT of basketball talent that comes out of this state.

Ton of talent in VA, DC and MD too. I can’t blame him for wanting to go home though and he’s won everywhere he’s coached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom