Zags: Buzz Williams to Texas A&M | The Boneyard

Zags: Buzz Williams to Texas A&M

Reaction Score
Buzz Williams to Texas A&M is 'Done': Sources | Zagsblog
Buzz Williams will be the next head coach at Texas A&M after his Virginia Tech team lost here in the Sweet 16 to Duke on Friday night, multiple sources said.

“That’s done,” one source said before Duke edged out Virginia Tech, 75-73, to advance to the Elite Eight.

Williams, 46, is a Greenville, Texas native and former A&M assistant under Billy Gillispie from 2004-06.

Reaction Score
How soon till Sampson becomes the next coach at Arkansas?

Can we get back in on Anthony Harris?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
How soon till Sampson becomes the next coach at Arkansas?

Can we get back in on Anthony Harris?
This is a quick aside but if/when Sampson goes to Arkansas Joseph Duarte (Houston reporter) was on Sirius XM yesterday and he said Houston will go hard after Musselman from Nevada

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He is a fun guy to watch coach and his teams always play incredibly hard but he’ll never be a championship level coach.

Reaction Score
Our conference has Penny Hardaway, Kelvin Sampson, Dan Hurley, Gregg Marshall, Mick Cronin and Johnny Dawkins.

Sampson and Dawkins are going to be leaving soon.

Dawkins to Vandy and Sampson to Arkansas

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Sampson and Dawkins are going to be leaving soon.

Dawkins to Vandy and Sampson to Arkansas
First of all, that's pure speculation.
Second, I'm not sure what that has to do with the original point that there's no hope for AAC teams to lure good coaches.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
First of all, that's pure speculation.
Second, I'm not sure what that has to do with the original point that there's no hope for AAC teams to lure good coaches.
Agreed. If Tulane can hire Ron Hunter I think Houston and/or UCF would be more than fine if they needed to find replacements

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Agreed. If Tulane can hire Ron Hunter I think Houston and/or UCF would be more than fine if they needed to find replacements
Yeah. Freaking Tulane, an 0-18 team in this conference, lured a good coach.
I'm not sold he will have success any time soon at Tulane, but he's still a good coach.

Reaction Score
Buzz Williams to Texas A&M is 'Done': Sources | Zagsblog
Buzz Williams will be the next head coach at Texas A&M after his Virginia Tech team lost here in the Sweet 16 to Duke on Friday night, multiple sources said.

“That’s done,” one source said before Duke edged out Virginia Tech, 75-73, to advance to the Elite Eight.

Williams, 46, is a Greenville, Texas native and former A&M assistant under Billy Gillispie from 2004-06.

did the same while at marquette... doesnt surprise me

Reaction Score
Buzz is from Texas and once worked at A&M. He’s going home.

Houston not retaining Sampson would mean nothing to us. We are a destination basketball job. When we are back to competing for Final Fours you’ll quickly see our massive brand equity restored. Gonzaga is a destination job. If St Mary’s loses their coach, that won’t matter to Gonzaga. .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It;s a shame Ollie made a mess of things, had he walked quietly, with all the openings he might have another coaching job already.
Which raises an interesting question. Say Coach X is under NCAA investigation and School Y hires him. Later NCAA issues a Show Cause Order. Does a Show Cause order merely state that any future school who hires X must show cause why it should be allowed, or does it say that School Y must show cause why it should be allowed to continue to let him coach?

Reaction Score
seems like a lateral move go to T-A&M, don't see the logic
Was assistant there and is from Texas - lateral might be fine if he's going home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom