Zack Wheeler and Wil Myers debuts tues | The Boneyard

Zack Wheeler and Wil Myers debuts tues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is why I love baseball. The Mets now have hope that Wheeler can pair with Harvey to lift the Mets back to contenders. Starting at Atlanta vs. that tough lineup will be fun to watch.

I'm trying not to expect Myers to be a factor right away but I can't wait to see this kid get going. I'm sure he's gonna K a ton and he will also launch some long dingers. Some of the bombs he hit in Durham are crazy. They are worth going to MiMLB to check out. I love that scouts compare him to Dale Murphy but then I remember how Jesus Montero was compared to a cross between Manny and Piazza. What a dream come true to start a career at Fenway.

Reaction Score
This is why I love baseball. The Mets now have hope that Wheeler can pair with Harvey to lift the Mets back to contenders. Starting at Atlanta vs. that tough lineup will be fun to watch.

I'm trying not to expect Myers to be a factor right away but I can't wait to see this kid get going. I'm sure he's gonna K a ton and he will also launch some long dingers. Some of the bombs he hit in Durham are crazy. They are worth going to MiMLB to check out. I love that scouts compare him to Dale Murphy but then I remember how Jesus Montero was compared to a cross between Manny and Piazza. What a dream come true to start a career at Fenway.

Hitting bombs these days makes me think he has a special formula.........that's baseball these days I guess!!

Reaction Score
Deep and crew must be pretty damned please with today's twi-nighter!! Harvey dazzled in game 1 with 13K's and Wheeler made his debut with 6 strong K'ing 7 and giving up just 4 hits - little wild with 5BB's but that's a great 1-2 for the future............at least for now!

Reaction Score
Not sure adding Wheeler will be enough to make the Mets contenders but he gives them a hell of a 1-2 at the top of the rotation. Saw Meyers against the Sox and while he looks good right now, his body doesn't look fully mature. If he has outstanding power now just wait a few years. The Rays may have the next young star in Meyers,.

Reaction Score
Watching these guys, and granted it's early, these guys are potentially the best young 1-2 to come along in quite some time. 2 power guys, strike out guys......if they are 1-2 do you separate them in the rotation due to their similarity? No, let'em go!!..........at least the Mets fans now have something to watch for the rest of the year.........

Reaction Score
I was in Vegas last week and took the Mets for a sweep. So sweet watching them both come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom